Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-2 Pajero

Generation 4-2 Pajero NT model 2009 - 2011

Old 15-09-19

Better explain that a bit better. one hi beam wire to terminal 85 on the relay the other high beam wire to terminal 86 on the relay.
Allan
Old 17-09-19

Hi,

SO there is no ground to relay if i am following you correctly

Thanks
Old 17-09-19

Allan 2 ,

Thank you ! IT works at last !

Just done a quick test by playing around with the wires and i have got it to light up. Yes thelight bar polarity is important.

Now how do i add a dash switch so light bar can be turned on and off at will .

Also I will disect my loom and try and use that .

Thanks
Old 17-09-19

Maybe take it to an auto electrician. They’ll be able to help you out and make sure it is wired up properly/legally.
Old 21-09-19

Pick either wire that goes from the headlight high beam to the relay either 85 or 86, cut the wire extend one end of the wire into the cab at the location you want to put the switch from the other side of the switch run a wire back to the other end of the wire you cut. All this does is interrupt the signal to the low voltage switching side of the relay.
Allan.
Old 28-09-19

This post falls very well, thanks to Yolo for opening it

So , here the story , my led lights in on

and the relay wired , it just misses the +86 relay to activate the lighting. When i put the +86 to +battery , lights works , so from this side is okay

I saw written on this post that on the Pajero, there is a grounding for lighting.

what i dont really find is , where is the Hi beam negative on low/hi beam "button" (i don't know the name in english , we call it "commodo" in french but did not find the correct translation ) here a picture

And the swith is this one , with a red led light when the bar is on

so if I understand well, and correct me if I'm wrong , the 86relay to switch A . +battery to switch + , and hi beam negative to switch earth , right ? Thankx 4 answer
Old 28-09-19

I seem to remember some of the pajeros were Negative switching...maybe yours is ?
Old 28-09-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmc47 View Post
I seem to remember some of the pajeros were Negative switching...maybe yours is ?
I guess it is, I'm just looking for grounding in Hibeam, and I can not find it

I find a wiring diagram

the wiring of the columb switching is a bit of a headache for me (D311) I can not find the hibeam earth , this is the only stuff i need
Old 29-09-19
Valued Member

I think I understand what you are trying to do, using the original factory high/low beam switch. But it is not possible.

The switch only sends a signal to the computer, where the current is actually controlled so you cannot connect to D311. In fact, if you do, you could damage the computer because it does not use 12 volts.

To connect your switch you need to run a wire from the 86 connector on your relay, through the firewall, to your switch and then to ground.
Old 29-09-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFT5 View Post
I think I understand what you are trying to do, using the original factory high/low beam switch. But it is not possible.

Exactly , this is what i wanted to do

The switch only sends a signal to the computer, where the current is actually controlled so you cannot connect to D311. In fact, if you do, you could damage the computer because it does not use 12 volts.
Ooohh okkk

To connect your switch you need to run a wire from the 86 connector on your relay, through the firewall, to your switch and then to ground.

But , i do that , the led bar will work only with the switch , if i want it to work with hibeam on , i need to take a positive from the headlight , right ?
Anyway, thank you for these clarifications, I appreciate