• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quadcam
    • May 2008
    • Brisbane

Bluetooth for non-MMCS

I have searched for non-MMCS Bluetooth options but there doesn't seem to be much info about. It seems like everyone has Exceeds with MMCS.

Does anyone have the accessory (or other) bluetooth integrated with the standard stereo, and if so, are the experiences satisfactory or otherwise? Thanks in advance.
    ZH Outlander VRX previously NS X V6 - RDL
  • Angry
    Valued Member
    • May 2009
    • Riverina

Quadcam.

I bought an 07 VRX & it has a Kenwood system fitted which has large screen Radio/CD/SD card/ Nav Sat etc the screen also doubkles as the screen ofr the reversing camera & it a=has bluetooth also, its a brilliant thing.
    Here is the link to the business that fitted it http://www.audiofx.com.au/
    The guy at AudioFX owned it & its great.

Angry
    Angry.

My Photo site.
    AAA-Photography.smugmug.com

07 NS VRX, DID Auto, Nudge Bar, 130W 215 Nitghtstalkers, 50w HID H/Beams, Kenwood Touchscreen Natsav/DVD/CD/Rev camera, Rear Alpine DVD Player, Recaro Orthopedic drivers seat, DIY Spare Wheel Lift.

Comment

• rt1
      • Feb 2008
      • Brisbane

We have an 07 GLS with the standard audio and with Bluetooth. Seems to work okay with our mobile phone.

Comment

• eman
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2009
        • Cranebrook, NSW

I've got an 09 NT GLS with the standard stereo. The dealer installed a Nokia CK-100 bluetooth kit which works quite well with my blackberry. Does the whole mute thing when a call is received. Also has a charging cable for Nokia phones.
        Would think it would work with an NS.
        2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

• Kemsley
          • Apr 2008
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Quadcam View Post
          I have searched for non-MMCS Bluetooth options but there doesn't seem to be much info about. It seems like everyone has Exceeds with MMCS.

Does anyone have the accessory (or other) bluetooth integrated with the standard stereo, and if so, are the experiences satisfactory or otherwise? Thanks in advance.

I have the "genuine" bluthooth option fitted and it works ok. Has a few strange moments with my iphone in that the iphone bluetooth has to be on before the car bluetooth powers up but it is fine with the Sony Ericsson and the HTC phones. Sound quality seems ok. The unit is actually a Parrot made for/badged Mitsubishi. No idea what is involved in fitting it or pricing as it was part of the new car deal.

an old post here with a link to Parrot site. http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=4209
          I used to have a NS X DiD Shorty
          Now I drive a VW Amarok

Comment

• Quadcam
            • May 2008
            • Brisbane

Thanks for all the info. I am keeping the standard stereo and like to keep things "genuine" looking (where possible) so I will most likely go with the Mitsu kit.
            Last edited by Quadcam; 23-07-09, 04:30 PM. Reason: can't spell
            ZH Outlander VRX previously NS X V6 - RDL

Comment

• brett
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2007

Only problem I see with the Mitsu one is it's over $400 for the part, plus instalation I imagine,you could probably get a better one with a lcd screen to display caller info etc for alot less.

Comment

• buckster
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

I have a Parrot fitted to my work GLX, it mutes the radio when on a call but i do have problems with the radio coming on half way into a call, or the radio not coming on after the call is terminated. I can also hear a relay clicking when the bluetooth is muting the radio. All in all though it works good 90% of the time.
                Gold VRX Family Pack, Genuine alloy bull bar, super cibie oscar +, Yokohama ATX

Comment

• nj swb
                  Resident
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Adelaide

I have a Parrot kit in my daily driver. Plugs into the rear of the stereo, mutes the music & puts the sound through the speakers.

From memory, supply & install (in the carpark at work) was around $370. Only visible bits are a small control on the centre console & the mic at the top of the A pillar. Works good for me.
                  NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• hutcho21
                    • Sep 2009

I have a parrot CK3200 kit in my car and its the best bluetooth unit i have used. It automatically connects to my phone when the car turns on and because it is connected through the stereo the sound is excellent. I got a good deal on a kit and installation from these guys - www.lbhretail.com.au - If you want any further details about the kit let me know.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Comment

• mattysa
                      • Nov 2009
                      • Karratha

How to connect IPhone

How did you connect your IPhone? My IPhone can see the Bluetooth unit but cannot pair. Is there a trick? I have 07 Exceed.

Comment

• buckster
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

Hi mattysa,

what are you trying to pair it to? If it is the MMS i cant help as my parrot is an after market accessory
                        Gold VRX Family Pack, Genuine alloy bull bar, super cibie oscar +, Yokohama ATX

Comment

• Pat
                          • Feb 2009

Hi, Having connection issuses with an new nokia phone, (can see the Bluetooth unit but cannot pair) displays unable to pair before going to password screen. I will be taking it to my dealer for car kit firm ware upgrade, let u know how it go's.
                          2008 NS Pajero VRX Red, OEM Bull Bar, Family Pack, tow bar, waiting to get more

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X