• Show
Clear All
  • MuddyTruck
    • Jun 2018
    • GB

Exhaust

I have a 1995 Pajero LWB 2.8 auto

Its a nice truck and I will be tuning it soon so a bit more poke

I was planning on straight piping it at some point, but yesterday the exhaust disconnected itself after the first exhaust box (small one)

What is this box? It is so loud it's ridiculous!!

I've run plenty of short straight pipes in the past (2.5 TDI land rover with a 2 foot long exhaust and it wasn't as loud as this!)

My original plan was to ditch the second large box and just leave the small front box but think a change of plans is needed.....

Will be be quieter without the front box when straight piped??

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
  • Rhinopower144
    • Jul 2016
    • Australia

Exausted

Check this system out from Factory direct exhausts. I have this system on my 2.8 Paj and I'm pretty happy with it.

Buy Exhaust System for Mitsubishi Pajero NJ NK NL online at Factory Direct 4x4 Exhausts. Fast Shipping. Afterpay Available.

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

The small box is a resonator. You can bypass it but then you get rather loud booming in the exhaust. If you want to, you can replace this with a straight through "hot dog'. That should take the boom out of the exhaust note. The main muffler has a variety of options available, from straight though to the original design. You can get standard off the shelf mufflers and get them fitted. depending on the arrangement of the piping, it may be a centre in, offset out arrangement or it could be a centre in centre out deal. In reality, the gains made by having a louder exhaust are in your ears rather than in your bum. It feels as f it goes faster, but in reality there is little difference.

Comment

• GHostNizal
        • Nov 2016
        • Plane-t earth

I run the factory direct system on mine also, its pretty quiet, too much so that I removed the muffler and the whole system is just straight pipe now and its not loud at all really... your copping the raspyness of the smaller diameter pipe, and the fact its under the car/drivers seat will make it seem louder... I drove around with only the front section for a while and the extra pipe and fact it exits at the rear made it a fair bit mellower..

Comment

• MuddyTruck
          • Jun 2018
          • GB

I'm not looking for loads of power increase etc from straight piping it, it's more to reduce back pressure for faster spool

I have straight piped most turbo diesels in the past and often just left resonators in and side piped or similar but never noticed one boom as much h as Pajero seems to!

Comment

• MuddyTruck
            • Jun 2018
            • GB

How easy is it remove the big centre box section? Looked as though it's fiddly without jacking truck up [emoji17]

Used to land rovers where I can just slide underneath to do bits!!

Comment

• MuddyTruck
              • Jun 2018
              • GB

Will be cutting the big box out and will slap a piece of tube in I think!

Comment

• Dongskie2
                • Dec 2016
                • Manila & Berwick

Originally posted by MuddyTruck View Post
                Will be cutting the big box out and will slap a piece of tube in I think!

That would free up your turbo and it will sound BEASTy too
                Nothing beats Doing It Yourself.... Tuned 4M40 and 4D56T WIP

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X