• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

agm battery

If you have a paypal acct you could save a few bucks.

Have to be quick though!!!

105AH DEEP CYCLE & 780CCA. 12 VOLT 105AH AGM DUAL PURPOSE BATTERY. They are also the perfect choice for dual battery systems, caravans, boats and even camping. We claim SSB DryCell to be the best starting / deep cycle battery in Australia.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money
  • Flying
    • Jul 2016
    • Sydney

At $299? Is that cheap? Seems average but i haven't seen these dual purpose ones before... would it be possible / sensible to replace a starting battery with one of these and eliminate the need for a 2nd battery or is the starting capability not THAT good?
    White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

The link takes you to an AGM 105 amp battery for $269 delivered..
      Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• chrisall
        • Sep 2016
        • WA

Originally posted by Flying View Post
        At $299? Is that cheap? Seems average but i haven't seen these dual purpose ones before... would it be possible / sensible to replace a starting battery with one of these and eliminate the need for a 2nd battery or is the starting capability not THAT good?
        Personally I don't think it's that cheap. I also thought AGM don't like under-bonnet temps, so can't replace the starter battery.

If I was going to do that I'd be thinking of an Optima yellow top.

Cheers,
        2003 NP 3.5. Davies Craig tranny cooler, Dual battery, LED front fogs, Safari 'style' snorkel, LED reverse / work light, reverse cam, BushSkinz, LED interior lights, Joying android head unit, side steps, LED spotties, 17" steelies, bunny bar.

Comment

• Flying
          • Jul 2016
          • Sydney

Ah ok, i saw the other thread, couldn't see the 10% off on my app...

It does say in the write up that it can be put under bonnet but i guess that's just talk although i guess if the warranty applies in that case then why not try it.. only issue is does actually stand up to being used as a starter day in day out.. can a yellow top be used for that purpose and deep cycle?
          White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• BorgPS17
            • Mar 2017
            • melbourne

ebay is telling me i can get it for $269

Aussie batteries and solar are selling 110ah for the same price and free frieght.
            Pajero Sport QE 20016
            Smart Bar
            Boos Bash Plates
            7 inch LED Driving Lights
            Domin8R X 12,000 Winch with Rope

Comment

• Aspey
              • Dec 2015
              • Great Southern Land

Originally posted by BorgPS17 View Post
              ebay is telling me i can get it for $269

Aussie batteries and solar are selling 110ah for the same price and free frieght.
              Is it this one? http://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/ba...-cycle-battery
              It doesnt mention that it can be used as a cranking battery or stored under the bonnet like the SSB HVT's can be.
              NP VRX DID

Comment

• BorgPS17
                • Mar 2017
                • melbourne

Originally posted by Aspey View Post
                Is it this one? http://www.aussiebatteries.com.au/ba...-cycle-battery
                It doesnt mention that it can be used as a cranking battery or stored under the bonnet like the SSB HVT's can be.

searching on ebay i found this...

which says it can be used for cranking.
                Pajero Sport QE 20016
                Smart Bar
                Boos Bash Plates

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

There are heaps of cheap batteries out there. Buy one mate...they are cheap. Many witha few years experience will tell you that you get what you pay for. Thats why I choose Fullriver. I also use SSB and they have proven to be reliable and do what they are designed for. By all means buy cheap stuff...afterall its not me relying on its performance or value for dollar. Cant find any specs for the cheapo supposed 145 amp......normally not a good way to promote a product I know some cheaper brands were selling batteries that were 100amp as 130 and 135.....not on the market anymore. They were the same weight and size as 100 amp agms...BUYER BEWARE...DO YOUR HOMEWORK AND STICK WITH KNOWN BRANDS.
                  Last edited by Dicko1; 05-10-17, 07:09 AM.
                  Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Flying View Post
                    I have had an SSB SS75TI under the bonnet as a start and deep cycle battery for over a year.. Absolutely no issues.
                    Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• BorgPS17
                      • Mar 2017
                      • melbourne

I think that, when i am ready to but one, it will be from Aussie Batteries and Solar.

this combination looks good

and do not forget that sometimes the cheap is better then the expensive.
                      as long as you remember that price does not always mean anything.
                      Pajero Sport QE 20016
                      Smart Bar
                      Boos Bash Plates

Comment

• jasper361
                        • Sep 2010
                        • Eatons Hill

If your close to brissy this guy is great, I have been using the 125ah for the past 4 years (not in the engine bay) and it has been awesome.

Last edited by jasper361; 05-10-17, 08:20 AM.
                        2019 Y62 Ti Patrol
                        MY15 NX Exceed - Ironbark. - SOLD
                        Bash plates, Bilstein/kings, GME XRS330c

Comment

• Dicko1
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by jasper361 View Post
                          If your close to brissy this guy is great, I have been using the 125ah for the past 4 years (not in the engine bay) and it has been awesome.

http://www.batteryvalue.com.au/

Seem like an honest dealer... "(about 0.3kg per Ah for deep cycle AGM, so a 100Ah battery weighs about 30kg). He has listed all the specs of the battery and even added a warning. They will be batteries built to their specs...hopefully good value.
                          Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Fritterbug
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2013
                            • Brisbane

Originally posted by jasper361 View Post

http://www.batteryvalue.com.au/
                            I've used Peter recently at a friend's recommendation. I bought a 110ah AGM and box for my camper.
                            It's too early to tell too much but I'm pretty happy with it at the moment.
                            The guy seems honest to a fault. I'd have no trouble recommending him on that alone.
                            I'll be going back for a starter battery when it's needed.

He also drives a Gen2 Pajero. His son has a newer one (Gen4 I think) so he can give experience based advice on what batteries fit them.
                            MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X