• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Josht
    • Nov 2014
    • Streaky bay

New to pajeros

Hi all I have recently bought a 2007 ns exceed 3.2 auto and are very pleased with the car! So what's some of the things I should do or check the car has done 160000ks? Also any prices and brands on at tyres to fit?
  • Matty_P
    • May 2014
    • Bayside Brisbane QLD

Hey Josh...well done on buying the Paj, i have an NS Exceed DiD auto and luv it!!
    Depending on what you want to use the NS for ....off road, towing or both and your budget will determine what mods you do. For me i tow a Jayco Swan camper and 5mtr boat so i actually have 2 sets of wheels, the 18" for towing and 17" with some Mickey Thompson for off road.
    I have put a 2" lift on with a Lovells / Billstein package. Did this earlier this year and luv the results, off road its much more capable and handles the weight of the boat and camper easily. I recently put on some BushSkinz rocksliders and underbody protection - great investment as i plan on holding on to the Paj for a few years. The lift helps but you can only raise IFS/IRS vehicles a small amount so body armour is a sensible investment.
    Things to check will be the DPF diesel Particalte Filter - its the biggest let down on the NS dieslel auto PAJ, lots of info on this forum about it so spend sometime understanding what the issues are as you may come acrosss the symptoms sometime in the future.
    I have had performance issues when towing loads up hills and recently not towing loads and bad performance (posted elsewhere on this forum). Had a Paj mechanic clean out the intake manifold (soot build up) as well as cleaned air flow sensor and installed a catch can - runs like new!
    Its my daily drive and now its 7 years old with 220K on the clock it doesnt matter that it gets some bush pin stripes. Its got leather heated seats so its not going anywhere anytime soon..

Comment

• P4J3R0
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Brisbane

Hey josh.

Lots of threads of mods to do and things to check. At 160000 it's only just run in.

You need to decide what your going to do with it and start building it to handle the use it will be getting.

Cheers
      NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Josht
        • Nov 2014
        • Streaky bay

Thanks for the help I am looking at doing a reasonable amount of 4x4ing so I'm going with new tyres duel batteries and clean out the manifold I feel that's very important and I am wanting to lift it in the future! I can't get over how nice these cars are compared to the old surf I have and cheap to run and own

Comment

• Goodsy
          Who ya gunna call....
          • Dec 2010
          • Hervey Bay

You have to do everything in the thread below.

.Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
          NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X