• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boris black
    • Oct 2012
    • Nt

diagnostic plug short mistake

Hey guys when I was shorting the diagnostic pin to find out why my diff lock light was flashing I think I made a mistake and since then my rear wiper doesn't stop unless I pull the fuse out and my rear drivers side brake light is constantly on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • psychster
    • Jun 2012
    • Queanbeyan

Are you sure it's the brake light and not the fog light? The rear wiper and rear fog light are both controlled by the ETACS ECU. On the diagnostic connector, pin 1 (ground to bring on diagnostics) is adjacent pin 9 (data), so if you grounded pin 9 by mistake, you may have fried the ECU. Try disconnecting the battery for a while. If it doesn't reset itself, you may be up for an ECU.
    NP DiD GLX Manual

Comment

• Boris black
      • Oct 2012
      • Nt

Yeah it probably is the fog light also as the fog light icon on the dash also illuminates. I tried disconnecting the battery for a few hours but still the same issue. Where is the ecu located that I'd have to replace? Thanks for your help!

Comment

• psychster
        • Jun 2012
        • Queanbeyan

I wasn't too sure myself but I've just been out to my car with a torch and telescopic mirror to confirm it's location. When you open the driver's door, you'll see a 5-sided panel on the side of the dash facing the door. Pull on this panel to remove it and you'll see the top of a junction box. On the top front of this junction box (the side facing the firewall) is a yellow box, that's the ETACS ECU.
        NP DiD GLX Manual

Comment

• Bogger
          Unregistered as asked
          • May 2011

Those yellow perils are around $900 bucks new apparently and also need to marry with ecu ............... just spoke with a guy had same problem.

The one I have from NM Exceed is MR3245 G8C-254M
          Last edited by Bogger; 24-10-14, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Boris black
            • Oct 2012
            • Nt

Thanks heaps found it. So if I replace this then do I have to take it to Mitsubishi to get it paired with ecu? This is starting to feel like an expensive mistake!

Comment

• Goodsy
              Who ya gunna call....
              • Dec 2010
              • Hervey Bay

Should be fine but there is one way to be sure.
              Install and see if it's ok. No damage can be done.
              .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
              NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Bogger
                Unregistered as asked
                • May 2011

Originally posted by Boris black View Post
                Thanks heaps found it. So if I replace this then do I have to take it to Mitsubishi to get it paired with ecu? This is starting to feel like an expensive mistake!
                What is the number on it ?
                Bloke I spoke with today had just been thru it with Auto elec. As long as it's same part number no problem if it's wrong part it just won't work so I was informed today by one much more learned than I regards these matters.
                $90 .................. if you need it Let me know if you can do better ?
                Cheers

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X