• Show
Clear All
  • TC.Barky
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2011
    • Melbourne

Bullbar photos! Opposite Lock V ARB

Hey all,

As the thread implies, I'm after photos of the ARB deluxe bar and the opposite lock premium post bar. Trying to decide which to go for. Any pros/cons to either bar would be good too

My initial thoughts are I'd probably go a black bar, but I have no idea how that would look with these designs. Has anyone got this style in black? I reckon colour coded to ironbark would look a bit stupid personally.
    MY14 NW GLX-R 3.2L Auto Build Thread
    Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

A few pics of my NW with Black ARB Deluxe bar. I chose the black rather than the colour coded purely on personal taste.

2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• allanmac
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Eastern Suburbs Vic

TC, I agree a colour coded bar would not look that good on your new Paj. Personally, I think the black would look fine; breaks it up a bit.

As to which bar..... I have a arb one, but I do think they look a bit agricultural & the loop bar does look nicer imo, but I think the loop bar protudes out a little more than the ARB one.
      Last edited by allanmac; 15-07-14, 04:50 PM.
      NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

• olesp
        • Apr 2013
        • Esperance WA

OL Premium Post Bar

They are supplied in Black Powdercoat this one has been colour coded

OL 3 Loop Premium Bar

Not a great photo but gives you an idea
        I have the 3 Loop bar on my NS i will take a decent pic for you tomorrow

Comment

• Troy711
          Valued Member
          • May 2013
          • Canberra

Chris (NFT5) has the Opposite Lock post bar colour coded and it looks awesome.

Mine is an Opposite Lock loop bar, I know it's not what you're after but I'll post up some pics anyway. If you want any more specific details just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Front detail

Plenty of room to access a winch

Comment

• olesp
            • Apr 2013
            • Esperance WA

Thanks Troy saved me a job

Comment

• NFT5
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Canberra

Opposite Lock, Premium Post

I remember how hard the choice was. In the end I thought the OL offered a bit better clearance under the wings and, of course, it was significantly cheaper. No difference in quality that I could see, if anything the OL was maybe slightly better finished. Design similar - just depended on preference for the foglights. Have fun making your decision.

I vote for the colour coding. With this design it just adds so much class.
              Last edited by NFT5; 15-07-14, 08:08 PM.
              Chris

Comment

• TC.Barky
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2011
                • Melbourne

Thanks guys, that gives me much more information to work with

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                Opposite Lock, Premium Post

I reckon this'll be the go, looks good and I prefer the antenna mounting locations on the OL bar to the ARB one. Any issues with quality? Also I see you are running fyrlyts for your driving lights, I was thinking of possibly getting these. How do you find them?
                Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.

Comment

• bok
                  • Mar 2014
                  • Blue mountains

What about a tjm t13 bar.anyone have a photo of these at all?

Comment

• NFT5
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Canberra

See edit comments in previous post re quality. I see plenty of bullbars at work and the OL stand out. Fitting was fairly straightforward with just a little fiddling to get the mounts aligned just right.

Fyrlyts are an awesome light. Great spread and good range. Rock solid mounting too.
                    Chris

Comment

• Troy711
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2013
                      • Canberra

Chris, have you had any issues with the LED park lights? I've just had to replace one of mine because all of the diodes slowly died one by one.

Comment

• TC.Barky
                        Valued Member
                        • Oct 2011
                        • Melbourne

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
                        See edit comments in previous post re quality. I see plenty of bullbars at work and the OL stand out. Fitting was fairly straightforward with just a little fiddling to get the mounts aligned just right.

Fyrlyts are an awesome light. Great spread and good range. Rock solid mounting too.
                        Thanks for the comments Chris

Reckon OL might be the winner for me. Will go and have a look at one in the shop though just to make sure.

Comment

• TristanNL
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2013
                          • Horsham

Originally posted by bok View Post
                          What about a tjm t13 bar.anyone have a photo of these at all?
                          Hopefully Rhys wont mind me pointing you to his build thread.

Colour coded and very tidy.
                          2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

• TristanNL
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2013
                            • Horsham

Originally posted by TC.Barky View Post
                            Thanks for the comments Chris

Reckon OL might be the winner for me. Will go and have a look at one in the shop though just to make sure.
                            Looks like we will keep everyone in business haha - I've got an ARB bar going on mine. Pretty similar
                            2013 NW GLXR (MY14) Auto

Comment

• grhyso
                              Valued Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • Perth

Originally posted by TristanNL View Post
                              Hopefully Rhys wont mind me pointing you to his build thread.

Colour coded and very tidy.
                              No dramas. One picture to save people going from thread to thread (which I ended up doing trying to decide on my bar)

2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X