• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bok
    • Mar 2014
    • Blue mountains

Nw pajero build quality

Are you happy with the build quality of your new pajero?

Myself and my wife are not very happy that for sure.we picked up our new glxr 2 weeks ago and the amount of rattles in the doors , pillars the drivers seat base is loose and moves around a lot.the wheel alignment was way out and was pulling hard left.the speaker in the back passenger was loose and rattling in the door.the dash squeaks and rattles.the little speakers in the roof for the Bluetooth are loose as well.we took it back today for the first service and some items where fixed but also some that the dealership said where foxed are still rattling around badly maybe even worse then before.also does your washer bottle constantly leak water when parked at a forward angle as well.there has been no window tinting done as that is the first question the dealership asked as well.i guess trying to say that caused the problem.sorry for the rant but this is our first ever pajero and we are pretty disappointed with the quality of our pajero.

Phil
  • kellaig
    • Sep 2007

Mate,
    I am sorry to say- get used to it. Mine NT platinum rattled everywhere from brand new, and don't stare at the paint for too long it will scratch. The build quality is by far the worst I have ever experienced. I like you and your wife was and I guess still bitterly disappointed with the build quality of this car. I am still trying to get Mitsubishi to fix a rattle near the amp at the back
    Having said that, we flogged our NT through the oodnadatta track, merinee loop towing a camper at speeds that scared me. It has now done 60000 km with no major dramas but it still rattles. They are very reliable and a workhorse, and very good on fuel.
    My mates prado is so much quieter but for 10000 more he got far less options than what I got. Everything is a trade off.

My advice is to try to ignore the rattles, drop your tyre pressures to the tyre placard pressure on the door, and turn the radio up.

Now if you have the mmcs, don't get me started on that, and at least you won't have rust in the doors.

Regards

Kellaig
    2011 NT Platinum, Black Mica, Full tint, Roof Racks,Tow Bar, MMA Bull bar(absolute piece of crap), Bridgestone 694LT's, dual battery system, rust in doors, lightforce 170's, Uniden UHF,rattling chamois cloth in rear door, leaking injector seal, repainted tailgate, 1990 equivalent GPS (MMCS) inaccurate odometer 5%, dual battery monitor, SPV 3.1 mod( this works), more to come

Comment

• Muzza
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Nsw

Sorry to here about your vehicle, I brought a jan 14 VRX and I would say the build quality is the same as my old NP,

1 speaker did vibrate, however I discovered the dealer had set the bass at max
      Black plastic strip was loose on roof , I fixed this myself
      Rear door has a clunk noise, I have looked another PAJ and it does the same, when closing, my NP didn't
      The NP had same type of silly issues when new, when comparing to the current Fad on Thai built utes the quality is good
      Muzza
      2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
      2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
      2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• TheTaipan
        Banned
        • Jan 2009
        • sydney

As a former poster here said..."it's a Mitsubishi, get used to it."

Comment

• Pajaru
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2013
          • Perth

Isn't it true of any make of cars these days, poor quality builds incomparsion to previous models.

We have owned Subaru's for the last 20 years and have seen the decline in quality.

We have brought our Pajero 6 months ago and whislt the trim level is less then our Subaru, the build quality of the Pajero is maybe a touch lower. Overall happy with the Pajero
          Building Now: MY20 GLX Pajero.

Retired: MY14 GLX-R Pajero
          To go where very few have gone before https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/core/...ilies/wink.png

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel

Comment

• pasniny
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2009

having owned 2 exeeds from new

ns and now nw the rattles and shakes are pretty much identical

doesn't bother me if i wanted something that doesn't rattle i would have brought a Range rover tdv8 but i need something that works.

if your up for the cost dynamat the interior makes a huge difference i opted the cheap and nasty expanding foam spray a little in the empty cavity between trim and sub enclose for example all rattle gone comes off quite easily once dry

I have it everywhere in my NS sub enclosure little between door trim and door metal just enough to stop plastic and metal coming into contact

don't go nuts with it and and post that you can open your windows anymore

do not get it on your carpets i will never come off

Comment

• Jondalar
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2011
              • Brisbane

I had an NT GLS and now NW Exceed, I feel the build quality of both is very good, definite "made in Japan" feel. The only complaint I have had with both is wind noise around the front doors, however that's a design issue not build quality. No rattles in either and the NT had done 96,000km over 3 years.

Cheers,

Karl
              Pajero gone, driving something European and sexy now

Comment

• likatiger
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2008
                • WAMBERAL NSW

Interesting !!

I'm on my 3rd Paj now - NH, NP & now NW. Would have to agree that I think over the years the build quality has decreased a little however, I still think that overall, the Paj is very good and I hate rattles.

Certainly the plastic trim quality has decreased and they do rattle but mine have always stayed together over the roughest of roads and some hard core offroading. I guess it's the old adage, you get what you pay for, even though we should not have to accept inferior quality.

At the risk of sounding like a PITA I notice in this thread that some posters are spelling "bought" with an "r" that is then the incorrect word, just a minor point for what it is worth.
                Cheers
                NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by likatiger View Post
                  Interesting !!
                  At the risk of sounding like a PITA I notice in this thread that some posters are spelling "bought" with an "r" that is then the incorrect word, just a minor point for what it is worth.
                  Cheers
                  Hahaha! I'll second that, drives me nuts!

I can't say I am overly concerned with the Paj build quality, I can't hear any rattles in mine. The only thing that bothers me is the dash bouncing on severe corrugation, sometimes so bad the wipers and indicators turn themselves on. I have had a mate make me up some strengthening brackets as shown in other threads, so hopefully that will be solved when I get a chance to fit them in.
                  2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                  3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• PBding
                    • May 2010
                    • Canberra

Picked up ours just over three weeks ago, now has 2900k on it, all good, only rattle I hear is the basket in our waeco when its empty. And yes it did pull to the left, both before and after an Ultimate suspension lift. Called there today on way through to Newcastle for the 1000k checkup and another wheel align, seems now to be OK.
                    NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

• pasniny
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2009

Yep had wheel alighment problem too

Their machine must be out at the factory

All pulling to the left lol

Comment

• Not Withstanding
                        • Jan 2014
                        • Melbourne

Originally posted by pasniny View Post

Ditto pulling to the left, hadn't thought too much of it til now. Is it fixable with an alignment?

The trims fit better than the Kj Jeep I owned which isn't saying much, and the plastics are more hard wearing than in the cargo bay of my Discovery 4...

Comment

• White1au
                          • Feb 2014
                          • Wheelers Hill, Vic

Geez folks.. you all have me worried... Mine is a GLXR had it 6 weeks, it has 2500k on it. No rattles, does not pull to the left. It is my 1st Paj.

Maybe I am going deaf........ Hope you have not jinxed it..

Comment

• PBding
                            • May 2010
                            • Canberra

Originally posted by pasniny View Post

I don't think our FJ55 pulled to the left, it just went wherever it wanted to, we also had a range rover in the family and I think it did not pull to the left but the Bravo ute, the Terracan and the PB Challenger all pulled to the left. The pajero is much better in this regard and after yesterday's realign seems to be pretty much ok but not a match for our commodore or my mx5, both of which steer straight.
                            NW GLX-R Pajero auto in Champagne; not anymore, it's gone to a new home. Now piloting a Y62 Patrol petrol v8 in pearl white.

Comment

• Pwoffey
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2013
                              • Adelaide

Just completed my first 11,000 kms in new Paj NW, mainly towing a camper trailer around far south coast of NSW. Mostly highway, but quite a few dirt/gravel bits, including the road out to Green Cape. Actually, pretty impressed by how few rattles. Also, nothing dropped off or worked loose, so I reckon I'm ahead. The only noise I got a little concerned with was when the camper hitch jumped loose (my fault) ; after a noise like THAT, believe me, you don't tend to worry about the odd cabin vibration.

On delivery, the Paj did have a nasty rattle/vibration in driver's side door panel that took the dealer several goes to fix but all OK now. I had different tyres fitted before delivery and insisted on a wheel alignment, so don't know what would have been the case with the OEM setup.

I've owned quite a few Subarus in my time and the Paj quality is not quite there, but not far off. Overall pretty happy.

Phil
                              BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X