• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BA Baracus
    • Jun 2012
    • Adelaide

Help Using Narva 63026BL Switch for Spotlight Wiring

Hi,

I'm about to install a set of Narva Maxim 150's on the NP.
    I understand all the wiring, earthing, fusing, relay etc and how to make up the loom.
    I want to use the Narva 63026BL switch because it will fit the hole in front of the gear shifter nicely and will look good with the LED.

My problem is after looking at the switch it has 4 pins - see pictures attached:
    Pin 1: Power
    Pin 2: Ground
    Pin 3: ACC
    Pin 4: Relay Switch (opt)

So am I correct with my thinking that:

Pin 2: Ground = Earth (obviously)
    Pin 3: ACC = Connect to something like stereo or cig lighter power so the LED switches on with ignition.

I need to know whether to use
    or
    for the 86 pin on my relay, it may be obvious to some but is Pin 1 for use if you do not use a relay?

I would appreciate the input.

Thanks

BA Baracus
    Attached Files
    Gone to wreckers : Satellite Silver 2003 NP Pajero GLX 3.5 V6 Auto with 76mm ECB Nudge Bar, Narva 150 Spots, Pioneer MVH-X365BT Mechless Bluetooth Head Unit with 6 inch Sony Explod speakers, 3x Rola RM210 racks, 265/75R16 Nexen Roadian AT's, ARB Towbar.

Hers: Cool Silver 2003 NP Pajero Exceed 3.8 V6 Auto with ARB Bull Bar, spots, Pioneer MVH-X365BT Mechless Bluetooth Head Unit, 265/75R16 Nexen Roadian AT's, Towbar.
  • _jp_
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Adelaide Hills, SA

I'm pretty sure its:

Power -> Acc is the contact that gets turned on and off (e.g. in would go form the high beam trigger to the relay.

Ground goes to earth to allow the LED to illuminate when the switch is on.

Power = Supply
    Acc = Load
    Ground = Earth
    Relay Switch = ?

Maybe wait for someone to clarify, but I can check with a multimeter tomorrow as I have this exact switch in the shed.
    NW GLXR - SOLD
    --------------
    EVO 6 TME

Comment

• bakerboy
      "valued 3000+ member"
      • May 2008
      • Perth

Originally posted by BA Baracus View Post
      Hi,

I'm about to install a set of Narva Maxim 150's on the NP.
      I understand all the wiring, earthing, fusing, relay etc and how to make up the loom.
      I want to use the Narva 63026BL switch because it will fit the hole in front of the gear shifter nicely and will look good with the LED.

My problem is after looking at the switch it has 4 pins - see pictures attached:
      Pin 1: Power = Power from high beam
      Pin 2: Ground = Earth for LED
      Pin 3: ACC = High beam feed back to relay
      Pin 4: Relay Switch (opt) = not sure
      That's how I do it for spot light switch, but there is more than one way to skin a cat
      If I agreed with you, then we would both be wrong

'89 NG Paj, 3L V6, now running 2" suspension lift, 33" Micky T Baja Claws's, Front LOKKA & 12,000lb winch

Comment

• BA Baracus
        • Jun 2012
        • Adelaide

So what powers the led in the switch?
        Gone to wreckers : Satellite Silver 2003 NP Pajero GLX 3.5 V6 Auto with 76mm ECB Nudge Bar, Narva 150 Spots, Pioneer MVH-X365BT Mechless Bluetooth Head Unit with 6 inch Sony Explod speakers, 3x Rola RM210 racks, 265/75R16 Nexen Roadian AT's, ARB Towbar.

Hers: Cool Silver 2003 NP Pajero Exceed 3.8 V6 Auto with ARB Bull Bar, spots, Pioneer MVH-X365BT Mechless Bluetooth Head Unit, 265/75R16 Nexen Roadian AT's, Towbar.

Comment

• _jp_
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2013
          • Adelaide Hills, SA

So what powers the led in the switch?
          The LED is only illuminated when the switch is turned on. It gets 12v from the power source input (eg high beam) and then uses the ground pin to complete the circuit.
          NW GLXR - SOLD
          --------------
          EVO 6 TME

Comment

• BA Baracus
            • Jun 2012
            • Adelaide

Got it, thanks heaps, but we still don't know hat the 4th pin does!

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2010
              • Cairns

We fitted one of those switches to my brothers NT (MoreliaMatt) and could not work out the internal workings of the switch to get the LED to illuminate when the spotlights were armed.
              We emailed Narva asking for a wiring diagram of the switch internals and they replied that they didn't have this info and pretty much had no idea how the switch worked. Hopeless....
              Anyhow, the switch is in and just working as a plain old dumb switch. Couldn't work out how to wire it up properly, so the light is not being used.
              Not much help to you I know but thought you would be interested in the story.
              Cheers, Dan.
              2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• BA Baracus
                • Jun 2012
                • Adelaide

Hang on a second, so if I turn on the Narva switch it only illuminates when I flick the high beams on?

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

I have the same switch, works just fine wired as below:

Power = HB in
                  ACC = HB out....to relay
                  Ground = Earth...... to close the led circuit and make it illuminate
                  relay switch optional....not used.

which is exactly what BB said.

When the switch is off, all poles are open.
                  When the switch is on power and acc is closed, allowing HB voltage to pass to the relay (HB has to be activated of coarse). It also closes the circuit between power and ground to illuminate the led.
                  MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

Hang on a second, so if I turn on the Narva switch it only illuminates when I flick the high beams on?

Yep. Its an indicator that your spots are on if you're blind and cant see em thru the window.
                    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• BA Baracus
                      • Jun 2012
                      • Adelaide

Thanks guys, I may be coming back with a solution.
                      A mate of mine has had a look, drawn up a schematic and will do a
                      working mock up in the next week or so. He works in Avionics. Planes aren't that much different to cars are they?

Comment

• BA Baracus
                        • Jun 2012
                        • Adelaide

Success!!

Hi Everyone.
                        It can be done!

Turn switch on and LED turns on independent of high beam and remains on when HB selected and spots on.

See attached wiring instructions.
                        And photo of my blinding spots.

Hope this helps others, as this forum has been great for me.

BA Baracus
                        Attached Files

Comment

• MoreliaMatt
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2013
                          • Adelaide

Well done!

Might have to go have another look at mine now to get that LED lighting up!

So just confirming:

Switch Off = LED OFF
                          Switch On, High Beam Off = LED ON
                          Switch On, High Beam On = LED ON

well done to your mate, hope i can get mine working now!
                          | 2010 NT Pajero GLS Manual DiD |

| ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colourcoded | Bushskinz Intercooler & Sump Guards | Bilstein & Lovells HD Lift |
                          | Bridgestone D697's LT | Airtec Snorkel | Lightforce 170 Spotlights | Rhino Bars & Darche Awning |
                          | Milford Cargo Barrier | ARB Dual Battery Tray | Redarc Battery Isolator | LRA 58L Long Range Tank |
                          | GME TX3510 | Polyair Bags | Runva EWX12000 Winch | SPVi EGR | Challenge Offroad Camper Trailer |

Purchased But Still To Fit - | MMA Spare Wheel Lift |

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2010
                            • Cairns

Originally posted by MoreliaMatt View Post
                            Well done!

Might have to go have another look at mine now to get that LED lighting up!

So just confirming:

Switch Off = LED OFF
                            Switch On, High Beam Off = LED ON
                            Switch On, High Beam On = LED ON

well done to your mate, hope i can get mine working now!
                            It seems that it can be done Matt, but we will need to modify your Lightforce wiring loom.

As per diagram from BA Baracus (and as I have the spotties wired up on my Paj), you need to switch the earth feed for the spotlight relay and feed the high beam trigger directly to the relay. This is also good as it only requires 1x wire to be fed through the firewall. The earth feed also gives the indicator light within the switch an earth circuit.
                            The lightforce loom switches the high beam trigger and runs the earth direct to the relay, meaning that you will never have a true earth at the Narva switch on your dash. This explains why we never got your switch working properly....
                            Dan.
                            2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• _jp_
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2013
                              • Adelaide Hills, SA

I my previous cars, I leave the spot light switch on all the time, so when the high beams are activated, so are the spots. I thought this was common practice with most people?

If what is described in previous posts is correct, then the LED will be on all the time as I always have the switch on, right?

I alway thought it best to feed the switch form the high beam and then to the relay for the spots. Also on the switch its just a matter of earthing the ground wire to make the LED work. At least that's how I did it in my old car. The switch can then remain on and the LED only activates when the high beams are on (and the LED subsequently illuminates).

I think I must have missed something along the way here.
                              NW GLXR - SOLD
                              --------------
                              EVO 6 TME

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X