• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snowgum
    • Nov 2013
    • Melbourne

ORS Storage Platform

Ive been looking at storage options for the rear of the Paj and found the Off Road Systems website. They make a storage platform that sits 250mm above the floor with legs that attach to the tie down bolts. See http://www.offroadsystems.com.au/doc...orm%20copy.pdf
    The platform means no drawers for storage, but the upside is that it allows access to the 3rd row seat well. Im toying with the idea of storing recovery gear in the well space and using tubs under the platform instead of drawers. The platform can support a fridge slide and I could fit a half cargo barrier. Decided against using the well for a water tank as Ill have a tank in my camper trailer.

Wondering if anyone has used this platform and have any pros and cons?

Cheers
    Chris
  • Naviguesser
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Crib Point Vic

Like the look of that. Would like to know the height above the floor
    MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
    ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
    TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
    Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Maximage
      • Mar 2013
      • Darch, Perth, WA

And how heavy a load it can take, but also very interested. Would be curious as to $, and could a drop slide be fitted (i.e., slide is optional), or does it only come with their slide?
      SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• mr gus
        • Dec 2012
        • ne vic

Gday Chris,

Good questions, I considered the same thing when choosing rear storage for my Paj.

In the end I chose a very similar rear storage shelf. Being in Adelaide I bought a storage shelf made by Trek Tech. It is almost identical to the one made by ORS however the one made by Trek Tech is a bit higher at say 35 cm high. It attaches via the tie down bolts as well. Looks pretty neat as well.

I went for a shelf as opposed to drawers for a couple of reasons
        • Useability: you basically get a flat platform to store lots more gear on. Makes storage on a big trip so much easier and less hassle. Under the shelf is well served by using two large plastic storage tubs. Lighter and cheap as well. It was crucial for me to be able access the 3rd row storage as I find it useful for storing equipment which I dont frequently access (as you said recovery equipment is pretty good here). I know with some drawer systems this was possible as well however it would be significantly more expensive .
        • The plywood top can be used to mount fridge slides easily to
        • Weight-or lack of. The shelf weighs max 15 kg, I didnt want want a heavy drawer system which can weigh up to 60 kg. Trek tech said the shelf was good for 200kg which I thought was pretty good.

I haven't found any cons yet, maybe the plastic tubs marking up the carpet over time?

At the end of the day I am pretty happy with it and it suits me well. I acknowledge that for many others drawers are their preferred choice.

On a final note I know a couple of people on the forum have the ORS shelf and seem to be pretty happy with it. I just went the Trek Tech option for the larger size tub which could be used under the shelf.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Gus
        NW Pajero VRX, Smartbar, Bushskinz x 5, Achilles XMT muddies, MM seatcover, Rhino crossbars, Diff breathers, 3 inch exhaust, rear shelf and diy parcel shelf.

Comment

• aaron.miller
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2011
          • Epping, NSW

I have one in the back of my challenger.
          I have the fridge on top
          Down below are three tubs with lids
          I just got back from Fraser Island and it was so much easier to be organised.

Aaron
          2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• HSV Rangie
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2010
            • Hastings

My home made shelf, works well.
            20mm shs frame with 20x3 angle front. 18mm ply, carpet.

table slides under. 215mm clearance under table.

MSA drop fridge slide.

Michael.
            2016 NX,GLS,DID,Auto. Rear DL, ARB deluxe BB, Warn winch, Safari Snorkle, Tow bar, Redarc tow pro, Front door windows tinted, Traxide SC80 dual battery system, Rino roof bars, Icom IC440 UHF, Lovells HD + 50mm springs all round, ????? shocks and struts, Proclip & Strike phone mount.

Comment

• Scouter1
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2013
              • Sydney NSW

I fitted an ORS platform before Christmas before heading off to Qld. Very solid set up with welded steel frame bolting down to tie points, then marine ply platform with 8 screws on top, also added a fridge slide. Didn't move or rattle over the rough inland tracks of Fraser. We put 2 x 20l water jerries on their sides, a shallow storage box with cooking/eating gear and other small items directly underneath, then recovery gear, compressor & tools in the 3rd seat well under the original floor cover.

Clearance is 195mm off the floor to underside of steel frame, there is room for a 170mm high storage tub with lid.

Pros: simple, lightweight, cost effective, reasonable access to 3rd seat well, easy to remove

Cons: only allows relatively shallow space underneath, not as much functionality as drawers.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Scouter1; 12-01-14, 02:48 PM. Reason: Added photo & detail
              2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• grhyso
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2012
                • Perth

Scouter, what sort of fridge have you got there? How do you go without a drop down fridgeslide?
                2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Pajero1947
                  • Jan 2013
                  • Boronia

Scouter 1 would you mind advising what the cost of the platform was, also what was the cost of the fridge slider.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
                  2012 NW 'ACTIV' ARB suspension, Dual Battery system,Hella 'Compact' driving Lamps. Polyair air bags

Comment

• Scouter1
                    Valued Member
                    • Mar 2013
                    • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by grhyso View Post
                    Scouter, what sort of fridge have you got there? How do you go without a drop down fridgeslide?
                    Hi Grhyso,

It is a TechniIce 45l http://www.techniice.com/car-fridges...-fridge-1.html. Not too bad for access, biggest hassle is unzipping the cover each time before opening the fridge door. One of the other guys on our trip to Fraser had a big Waeco 80l with an MSA drop down slide. It seemed to work well, but was a lot of work to get the big fridge down to get items in & out.

I was trying to keep things as simple as possible in the back, the plain but robust ORS fridge slide appealed on that basis, and took up less room in the already cramped luggage area.

Cheers,
                    Stephen
                    2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Scouter1
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2013
                      • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Pajero1947 View Post
                      Scouter 1 would you mind advising what the cost of the platform was, also what was the cost of the fridge slider.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
                      Hi Jim,

Storage Platform was $555, fridge slide was $389, have a look at their Pajero price list for more detail http://www.offroadsystems.com.au/doc...t_P&O_2012.pdf

I also bought a cargo barrier off them & some fridge straps, was REALLY happy with the service just prior to Christmas when other vendors/resellers were giving me the run around. Great customer service on the phone & in person, even staying back after closing to let me pick up the order.

Cheers,
                      Stephen

Comment

• grhyso
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Perth

Originally posted by Scouter1 View Post
                        Hi Grhyso,

It is a TechniIce 45l http://www.techniice.com/car-fridges...-fridge-1.html. Not too bad for access, biggest hassle is unzipping the cover each time before opening the fridge door. One of the other guys on our trip to Fraser had a big Waeco 80l with an MSA drop down slide. It seemed to work well, but was a lot of work to get the big fridge down to get items in & out.

I was trying to keep things as simple as possible in the back, the plain but robust ORS fridge slide appealed on that basis, and took up less room in the already cramped luggage area.

Cheers,
                        Stephen
                        I thought it looked like a techni-ice. By all accounts they seem to be a real winner of a fridge. I worry about the height and not being able to reach things in the fridge, I want two drawers but could get by with one and put a fridge on the floor level.

Thanks
                        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• Snowgum
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Melbourne

Thanks to all for pros & cons of the platform. I rather like its simplicity and versatility. No cons worth worrying about from what I can see in the replies - but I had thought the storage tubs may slide about under rough conditions and damage the door trim, wheel arches and etc.

I liked the idea of the higher Trektek platform, Gus, but couldn't find it on their website. Also liked your homemade platform and the table slides, HSVRangie.

At this stage, Im leaning towards the ORS platform and fridge slide. Also fitting some of their anchor points on top of the platform so I can strap down the other gear.
                          Cheers
                          Chris

Comment

• Maximage
                            • Mar 2013
                            • Darch, Perth, WA

Any chance someone could post some pics of how they attached them to the tie down points? Did they remove the MM ones and just drew into same thread?
                            SOLD: 2013 DiD VRX, MM locker, Dueller 697s, ARB bull bar, Runva EWX9500-Q winch, full Bushskinz plates and sliders, Lovells/Bilsteins with PolyAirs, Airtec snorkel, Jonny Tig Front Mount Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" exhaust, RalliArt ECU, FuelManager diesel pre-filter, EGR block & catch can, BRC breathers, Hella 4000 HIDs, LED Light Bar, BCDC dual battery system, Tow Pro Elite brake controller, Couplertec, spare tyre lift, Whispbar roof racks.

Comment

• Scouter1
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2013
                              • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Maximage View Post
                              Any chance someone could post some pics of how they attached them to the tie down points? Did they remove the MM ones and just drew into same thread?
                              Got it in one - unbolt the existing tie down points, put the supplied nylon packing blocks in then sit the steel frame on top & bolt in.

Mine was a little trickier as I fitted the cargo barrier barrier first so had to drill out front existing captive nuts in the floor then install new M10 mudflap nuts/washers under the body, from memory I had to trim a little width off the front blocks for everything to fit. The tricky part was sticking captive nuts underneath the vehicle with silicone on my own as everyone else was out Christmas shopping or something...

Rear mount shown, more to come.

Cheers,
                              Stephen
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Scouter1; 13-01-14, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X