• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peter92
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • maryborough queensland

need a replacement keyless remote

hi all, well after having my computer shit it self, ive been not here, what a bummer. so now i got another one, will have to fill me in
    any way
    my remote for the nl fell to pieces and i lost it
    rang mitsi up and they want $300 for a new one
    can some one tell me where i can get one on the net or some where else
    they said i need the remote ,keys and car to all be programmed at the same time ,so the keyless entry remote needs to be the right one
    could some one please help
    regards peter
    used to be nl 1999 auto,3.5lt petrol.
    now 1994 80 series cruiser diesel wagon
    bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
    SKYPE NAME possum.58
  • hootnah
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • nunawading, vic.

Originally posted by peter92 View Post
    hi all, well after having my computer shit it self, ive been not here, what a bummer. so now i got another one, will have to fill me in
    any way
    my remote for the nl fell to pieces and i lost it
    rang mitsi up and they want $300 for a new one
    can some one tell me where i can get one on the net or some where else
    they said i need the remote ,keys and car to all be programmed at the same time ,so the keyless entry remote needs to be the right one
    could some one please help
    regards peter
    Hi Peter, long time no read!
    From what i remember reading on the forum somewhere... you can get a keyless remote that you program to your car with a series of switching on/off on/off a certain amount of times (sorry very vague description) the ignition key will be different (if you have the transponder key with the escape model) having said this the ECU could have the code in it to recognise the transponder key so you would either have to put new code in ECU or key?
    Good luck, an update on outcome would be great.
    Cheers, Jim.
    99 nl gls 3.5l auto full leather & woodgrain trim, leather seats, ABS, chrome rear bumper and mirrors, split aircon, standard 50mm factory body lift, dual airbags and 277,000 km on clock, tranny and engine oil coolers. NEW: Reconditioned heads, new camshafts, new radiator, new water pump, New timing belt and tensioner. Brand new set of LT 265/70/16 Maxxis Bravo 771 AT. NG 3.0 Litre 5 spd man superwagon as project. Now registered and on the dirt. NEEDED: MORE MONEY!

Comment

• peter92
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2009
      • maryborough queensland

thanks jim, yeah its been awhile, missed the club though
      i thought i had one from the states for $145.00 but they said it was only suited to usa and canada, not australia. what a bummer
      can i get a remote from the wreckers and get mitsi to recode the paj and the remote
      would any one have any ideas on this please
      regards peter
      bull bar side steps, mags,dual batt system,2 waecos 35lt,40lt h/reese towbar,103amp agm batt, 500w inverter. narva spotties, uniden uh7700nb uhf 40 ch narrow band, 2.5kva inverter generator
      SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• peter92
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2009
        • maryborough queensland

i was just reading a post on the forum saying that i can use an other remote from another paj and get it recoded
        so has any one got one for my 1999 nl, mine has two buttons
        if you have one please pm me or email asap
        regards peter
        SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• brianwanless
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2008
          • Mackay Nth Qld

Hi Peter, Have you tried Jaycar or similar type shops. Also Mr Minit and cobbler repairers. I think you can buy after market remotes that will learn your codes. Brian.
          NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

• peter92
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2009
            • maryborough queensland

hi brian, yeah tried them, got told its genuine
            thought i had one from the states but the recon is only coded for us and canada
            but the remote is the same as mine to look at
            also it only 145.00
            regards peter
            SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

• peter92
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2009
              • maryborough queensland

www.keylessride.com
              would this remote work here in australia for a montero 1997
              regards peter
              SKYPE NAME possum.58

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X