Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Electrical / Radios

Electrical / Radios Discussion of electrical systems and accessories.

Old 13-05-18

Default Switch wiring help

Hi - I bought a wiring harness with the push on / off switch as in the pic - I want to change it to the Mitsubishi push button switch as in the other pic - can someone tell me how to wire this up as the harnessswitch has 3 wires & the Mitsubishi switch has 4 wires - I only want the Mitsubishi switch to light up when the light is on - I have the power / earth / relay already connected so just need to change the switches - thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg EBF9E68C-00AA-4BB7-8DA1-B1EAE81AA287.jpeg (88.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpeg A4299604-9A43-4D19-96D0-79C6E7C4D3A7.jpeg (103.3 KB, 45 views)
Old 14-05-18

this may help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg light-wiring-with-relays-for-redt4r1-061012-throughout-how-to-wire-within-driving-relay-diagram .jpg (81.5 KB, 59 views)
Old 17-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsa View Post
Hi - I bought a wiring harness with the push on / off switch as in the pic - I want to change it to the Mitsubishi push button switch as in the other pic - can someone tell me how to wire this up as the harnessswitch has 3 wires & the Mitsubishi switch has 4 wires - I only want the Mitsubishi switch to light up when the light is on - I have the power / earth / relay already connected so just need to change the switches - thanks

The red is power to the switch. The green is switched power to the equipment. The blue is dash illumination and the black is ground for the dash illumination.

Just use a splice crimp to crimp the blue wire to the illumination wire of an adjacent switch like the ASC Off switch (pins 3 - blue-yellow or 4 - green-white) and ground the black. There is a ground bolt behind the kick panel on the right side of the drivers footwell.
Old 17-05-18
Valued Member

Just realised your colours are diffrent. However, I am pretty sure the positions are the same.

If you look at the green plug with the tab facing up and the wiring on the left, then from top to bottom is:

Power in
Power out

illumination in
ground

You can easily verify this by using a 12V power adaptor and connect the black to the -ve and connect each of the other three in turn to the positive with the switch in the on position. If the ilumination lights up then that is your illumination wire. The other two are your switched wires.
Old 20-05-18

Default 3 Way switch for traction control Mod

I have been following the Traction control mod on this forum for some time now. Ended up installing the unit from Vlad. Great guy and product. A friend of mine who also installed the unit manufactured a 3 way switch that fits neatly into the Mitsubishi blanking plug (refer to jpg). Once wired (really easy) the system worked a treat. If anyone is interested there are 10 switch units for sale - $20 plus postage.
Cheers Geoff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Traction control switch.jpg (181.7 KB, 37 views)
Old 20-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffaw View Post
I have been following the Traction control mod on this forum for some time now. Ended up installing the unit from Vlad. Great guy and product. A friend of mine who also installed the unit manufactured a 3 way switch that fits neatly into the Mitsubishi blanking plug (refer to jpg). Once wired (really easy) the system worked a treat. If anyone is interested there are 10 switch units for sale - $20 plus postage.
Cheers Geoff
Cheers Geoff. I also makes them pre-wired. Have just sent off 10 sets, 9 of which were pre-wired (6 with jaycar on/off/on switch and 3 with AoB factory look push switches) on the paper 4x4 drivers of Australia FB page. Will start another one on Monday.
Old 28-05-18

Thanks appreciate the advice Vlad & TQ20 on the wiring help
Old 29-05-18

Default Rear flood lights

A few pics of my rear lights now mounted & wired up with the Mitsubishi switch’s - rearranged the switches - moved the rear diff lock to the blanked position near the cig lighter then put my front & rear light switches up nin the dash spots
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 4E41F41A-7474-452A-A563-C98F2F343E2F.jpeg (31.4 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpeg 2A8A2F87-22E5-4468-8D29-9C708E1DBDBB.jpeg (22.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpeg D281636F-AC3D-4223-B4FA-788C7329EB23.jpeg (19.8 KB, 26 views)