X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shorty Oscar
    • Sep 2012
    • Rockhampton QLD

Normally don't like the newer Pajero's but I like this one mate, good work.
    89 NF EXE SHORTY!! Currently undergoing a heart transplant!

Comment

• d.i.wirtz
      • Oct 2012
      • Brisbane QLD

A wheel question

Can I ask where you got the Mangel Steel Rims from ?
      and if you are happy to divulge - how much did you pay for them ?

Cheers
      2015 Landcruiser VDJ79R Dual Cab

Comment

• tand
        • Jun 2010
        • North/East VIC

""More info on the lights here --> http://www.snakeracing.com.au/dually-LED-lights.html
        including a great comparison of the patterns each of the lights throw.. ""

Very nice vehicle mate and good pics/write up of parts

I WILL NOT be dealing with SNAKE RACING again & warn others not to.
        Its been 2 months since I paid them & I still havnt got my lights or the rest of my order. They replied initially with some crap about the stock being labelled wrong but now wont return calls or emails, so im just left out of pocket and no products.
        Bloody p**s poor on their behalf.
        01 NM exceed, dobinson HD/bilstein, headers, gas, tint, arb bullbar, lightforce genesis, 4X rigid D2s, HD radiator, sliders/bashplates, alloy roof cage.

Comment

• martialllaw
          • Jan 2012
          • Narangba

Originally posted by MSF
          Ok, here goes..

The LED strip lights I have on at the moment ......
          Reverse lights on only.

Some of the good things about this set up I think are...
          Low cost - Under $20
          Easy to install -
          No drilling
          Easy to remove if required
          Lights wrap around the side so illuminate beside the car too
          low current draw
          Very subtle / unobtrusive

MSF,
          Thanks for the idea I have just fitted some LED strips as per your photo, extremely happy with the improvement over standard reverse light.

Cheers
          2010 NT GLS, ARB Deluxe winch bar, GME TX3540 UHF, TJM battery tray, DBA T3 Disc's, Front & Rear Harop E-Lokers, AAA rear draw system, Anderson connector for AUX power, kumho mt51 265 / 70 / R 17, Bushskinz sliders and Intercooler/Sump/Transmition/Transfer case Bash Plates, Bilstein/Dobinson combo, 2x2m austrack-deluxe-vehicle-awning, Airtec Snorkel, Wetseat Covers front /rear + centre console cover, SPV EGR MOD Mk3.

Comment

• TheTaipan
            Banned
            • Jan 2009
            • sydney

Originally posted by tand View Post
            ""More info on the lights here --> http://www.snakeracing.com.au/dually-LED-lights.html
            including a great comparison of the patterns each of the lights throw.. ""

Very nice vehicle mate and good pics/write up of parts

I WILL NOT be dealing with SNAKE RACING again & warn others not to.
            Its been 2 months since I paid them & I still havnt got my lights or the rest of my order. They replied initially with some crap about the stock being labelled wrong but now wont return calls or emails, so im just left out of pocket and no products.
            Bloody p**s poor on their behalf.

Hey Tand, not to much praise for MSF. He has been known to get head swells.

Right Jas?

Comment

• JoshF
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008
              • Brisbane

I thought Kieron have made large changes to the size/width of the steps...actually the extra molding that the X has on the doors over what the R makes them seem narrower
              NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
              Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

Is that a checkerplate false floor I see there? Does it rattle?
                NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• TheTaipan
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009
                  • sydney

Originally posted by craka View Post
                  Is that a checkerplate false floor I see there? Does it rattle?

Yep, checker plate.

No rattles.

Mine popped a few rivets.

Easy fix, removed sliders, Sikaflex and new rivets .

Comment

• craka
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by MSF
                    Yep, Checkerplate and it's bolted down.

If you take a look at the photos, you will see the bolts as well as the foam/rubber strip around the tubing to stop any rattles / movement etc...

Sorry guys not the sliders I mean in MSFs shorty in the back ie with the seats out looks like there was checkerplate flooring or is it the top of a draw set?

Comment

• craka
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2009
                      • Newcastle (Newie)

oh ok looks good anyhow.

Comment

• Curious
                        • Aug 2012
                        • Adelaide

[QUOTE=MSF;337698]OK, been fairly busy of late so not a lot of time to play with the Shorty.

So I thought stuff it, I will take the punt and got a set of FYRLYTs at the right price and fitted them up.

I haven't upgraded my wiring from the Lightforce kit (with the exception of a 30A fuse now compared to the 20A that would run the lightforce). I will be running a bigger wire kit shortly, so I expect them to maybe be a little better once that is done...

Hi MSF

The Lightforce loom as with most others run 1.8mm dia copper wire to the lights. This will give you approx 1.7 volt drop to the furtherest light and 1.3 volt to the light closest to the relay with FYRLYT 150 watters.

FYRLYTs are designed to run at approx 13.00 volts so you will need to upgrade to a loom such as the Pirahna DL 1 or a FYRLYT loom which uses 2.00 dia copper wire. This gives you approx 13.3 volts at the lights with 14.00 volts at battery engine running. A drop of 0.7 volts.

The Lightforce loom and others of similar specs reduces the lumen output of FYRLYTs by appprox 20% due to voltage drop across the small wiring.
                        You will notice a significant difference in colour and output when you upgrade your loom.

Cheers
                        Curious

Comment

• Shortie87
                          • Apr 2014
                          • Melb

How's this on petrol what do you average litres every 100kms

Comment

• ed84
                            • Dec 2013
                            • Adelaide

Looks awesome,
                            Love matte black.

Needs tyre shine/blackener though haha
                            Last edited by ed84; 29-04-14, 08:38 PM.
                            NT X DiD - Safari Snorkel, Deluxe Bar, LRA Aux Tank, Bilstein/Lovells, Duel Batt, Bushskinz bash plates, Rhino platform, Pioneer avic-f60dab alpine speakers in each corner and focal amp, dynamatting... Want - Move/replace intercooler, full exhaust, Diesel Tune...

Comment

• Darwiniandude
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2008
                              • Adelaide

I don't like the black mags look usually, but that looks really good.

Do you have a pic of how it looked with plasti-dip? How good is that stuff? My Paj is two tone black on silver, and originally I wanted all silver, but this Paj was too cheap to pass up. Anyway, as it's just plastic, I've thought of pulling off the silver and making it black. Would plasti-dip be ok for those plastic trim pieces do you reckon?

Should have made a new thread, but just wondered how good it was since you mentioned it.
                              Adelaide
                              2004 NP Exceed 3.8 V6, SVI LPG, Factory alloy bar and sunroof, 55w HID converted IPF spots, Safari Snorkel, custom rear storage/fold out sleeping platform, Alpine iLX-007E Apple CarPlay head unit & reverse cam

Comment

• Shortie87
                                • Apr 2014
                                • Melb

What kms do you usually get out of a full tank of petrol. And what size tyres.
                                I've been looking to buy one and found a petrol one with 67000kms n a diesel one with 126000kms and just not to sure which one to get. There asking the same price and both is a spec x
                                Just scared with the petrol one drinks to much and scared about the dpf problems that I've readed on this forum.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X