• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MARKx4
    • Dec 2015
    • Penrith

KYB Skorched 4s

As anyone used KYB Skorched 4s that can supply feedback please, KYB is a major brand and have never had issues with their brand/product in any car I have had.
  • Nab
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

I had them in my NP Paj for 5 years and approx 70,000km. Had one leak after 2.5 yrs but was replaced under warranty. Apart from that I was happy with them. Paj was always loaded and towing when used on dirt roads but they performed well.
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• basil
      • Apr 2012
      • Gembrook

To be honest, I think they are a very good shock and I have never had one fail as yet.
      Probably underrated in many ways and I have just replaced my rears due to failing Bilstiens and have put the original KYB's back on.

I can understand why many have upgraded their springs while retaining the KYB's.
      Years ago I would have said only Billies or Koni's, but the KYB's are easily overlooked I think in favour of the popular known brands.
      The rebound dampening may be a little light once heavier springs are installed however, but most are.

Cheers,

Comment

• Fotus
        • Dec 2016
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by MARKx4 View Post
        As anyone used KYB Skorched 4s that can supply feedback please, KYB is a major brand and have never had issues with their brand/product in any car I have had.
        Have had them on my NT with Kng springs , for 20,000km mainly towing off-road van lots of dirt roads . So far all good . Got them due to not just a rebranded shock but OEM manufacture . Plus great value

Comment

• fourocker
          • Jan 2018
          • Blue Mountains NSW

Ok I don't have them but......KYB and Tokico are the largest manufacturers of oem suspension in Japan, their shocks and struts go into nearly every production car coming out of Japan so I'd expect they know how to make a decent product, also my NT has Koni shocks and struts in it from the previous owner and they're pretty unimpressive, they lack rebound control, my next set will likely be some scorched 4's or if Tokico do one of their hd blues for the NT then them.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X