Valued Member
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

A Novel Stuby Holder.

I made this for my son in law for Christmas

Hope you like it.

Steve
    Attached Files
    2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by ticky View Post
    I made this for my son in law for Christmas

Hope you like it.

Steve
    That is very cool, Steve. Good job.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

More of a wetsuit material stubby holder man myself. Still appreciate fine work though!!

Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• ticky
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

Thanks Scott and Dicko.

I discussed this idea with Scott and a few other mates after a 4WDing day over a few beers. I was wondering about the thermal properties of a wooden stubby holder and also, wondering if I would be able to make it. I do quite a lot of wood work but turning is a relatively new thing to me and I still have an awful lot to learn.

As to the thermal properties, we decided that it would protect the stubby / can from body heat and how long does it take to drink a stubby or can anyway.

It’s more obvious a novelty really rather than a practical solution to keeping ones beer at the right temperature, just above freezing in my opinion but it was fun to make

Steve
        2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X