• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

What going on here?

Renault-Nissan Alliance joins top three global automotive groups as it completes 34-percent acquisition of Mitsubishi Motors; Ghosn named new MMC Chairman.
    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

The headline is a little misleading, typical "click bait".

I'm optimistic that this could be good for the future of the Pajero brand. Patrol has gone too big and soft, and Pathfinder doesn't seem to be everything it should be. I think a evolution of the Pajero would work well in the Nissan line-up, and the Renault link could provide a 3l V6 diesel with 180kW /450Nm, with a 6 speed auto transmission - although it would probably mean going back to Jatco rather than sticking with Aisin.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Katana Chatty
      • Apr 2011
      • Blackwood area SA

Or it could mean the final demise of the Pajero as Nissan have shown decreasing interest in the "hard" 4WD market - preferring instead to shift towards SUV type vehicles.

And Renault have had zero interest in the 4WD market up to now.

I'm still not confident that there's a future for the Pajero in this venture.
      2008 NS Exceed DiD
      Twin batteries, FuelManager 30 micron filter, Airtek snorkel, Rhino Pioneer tray, Foxwing awning, TJM bull bar, 9500lb winch, 2" lift + HD progressive rate springs + Polyair bags, 75 litre water tank + electric pump, custom fridge slide, custom drawers

Comment

• Stoneman
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2012
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by Katana Chatty View Post
        Or it could mean the final demise of the Pajero as Nissan have shown decreasing interest in the "hard" 4WD market - preferring instead to shift towards SUV type vehicles.

That will be my bet with the new Pajero sport

People can make up what they want....
        NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• Patagonia
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

but you have the Renault Alaskan

My questions would be what will happen with the links MM has with Peugeot/Citroen (they sell the ASX in their own bodys) and other things as the Triton sold as Fiat Fullback...
          2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
          Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
          31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
          2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2014
            • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by Katana Chatty View Post

not sure that renault has no interestt in 4wd....dont hey build a dakar weapon from Hell
            2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
            BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• tomwithannl
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2010
              • Maria Coast Tasmania.

This was my April fools joke post from last year.

Who's laughing now

Tom
              1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
              1953 Morris Minor ute
              1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
              2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

• stumagoo
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2014
                • Perth WA S.O.R

Originally posted by tomwithannl View Post
                you did not happen to post this weeks lotto numbers at some stage did you......
                1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
                *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
                1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• tomwithannl
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2010
                  • Maria Coast Tasmania.

Originally posted by stumagoo View Post
                  you did not happen to post this weeks lotto numbers at some stage did you......
                  No but here are tonights numbers: ---- ---- ---- ----- ---- ----

Sorry but my number keys seem to be stuck....I will post them tomorrow morning

Tom
                  1998 NL GLS 3.5 Auto. Bocar alloy bar with 13000lb I-Max winch & engine watchdog.
                  1953 Morris Minor ute
                  1990 Nissan Scargo van (The SNAIL)
                  2005 Mercedes ML350 Special Edition 4Matic

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X