• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
    Steve, a few of us are struggling to see how this would work; could you not get Brenda to demonstrate for us?!!!!!
    I am just waiting on my Mankini arriving so I can give a demo!

Georgie, the pole is at the right height to fit one of the normal shower tents under it. I have a simple pop up one that works well.
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Georgie
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2013
      • Secret Harbour WA

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
      Steve, a few of us are struggling to see how this would work; could you not get Brenda to demonstrate for us?!!!!!
      Steady on Ian other wise we may have to hear Steve tell us about Brendas log
      2015 Sahara
      Black Mica in colour
      BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Georgie View Post
        Steady on Ian other wise we may have to hear Steve tell us about Brendas log
        And here she is, showing the size of her log That's a story for camp fire ears only!

2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Kingbrown
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2012
          • Port Augusta - SA

[QUOTE=stevemc181;504702]I am just waiting on my Mankini arriving so I can give a demo!

I'll be crossing paths with you on the Canning and would prefer that I NOT be witness to that at any time, thank you sir.
          2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• sharkcaver
            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
            I'll be crossing paths with you on the Canning and would prefer that I NOT be witness to that at any time, thank you sir.
            That's what I've been telling him. Cool on the CSR, I owe you a beer and I should be able to repay in person

Not touching Brenda's log though, even though I've seen it
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

I added a 1/2" quick connect for the intake line today and also changed the intake hose out to some 1/2" heater hose.

I trawled the bits and pieces at Bunnings and came up with these rubber chair feet in 25mm, perfect for keeping the dust and crap out when not in use. They are a firm fit and won't dislodge easily.

I am just using a standard Coleman pop up shower tent, but will probably grab one of the Joolca easy erect double ones in the future for a little more space and somewhere to plonk the Jimmys Thunderbox out of the way.

You can't quite see it in this pic, but I've added a washing machine style quarter turn tap to the end of the shower pipe. This can be reached easily through the access hole in the top of the shower tent. Flow is easily regulated now.

I had the Paj sitting for about an hour after a short run and the water was still good enough for a warm shower. I have thought about adding a Davies Craig electric booster pump into the heater line, so I can get the coolant flowing with the engine off, but I don't think the engine running will bother me much for the 5 minutes it takes for a shower. We are usually camped solo, so bothering others isn't normally a concern.

Overall, I am pretty sure this setup will work extremely well for what we require. It's an expensive solution with all the bits and pieces, but one of my pet hates is not having a decent shower at least every few days. Particularly when camping in areas with no swimming holes etc. The best part of this type of shower is that the hard yards have been done prior to leaving on a trip, a good shower is now only a two minute setup.
              Last edited by stevemc181; 26-06-16, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Very good engineering there Steve. I cant wait to try it
                MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                  Very good engineering there Steve. I cant wait to try it

Yep, at $5.00 a go on the CSR I might make my money back if we camp with other groups

Comment

• Georgie
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Secret Harbour WA

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                    Yep, at $5.00 a go on the CSR I might make my money back if we camp with other groups
                    Steve thats that's great set up you have got now and if you camp near one of those 4X4 safari tours I am sure you will make money if not $$ barter for beer
                    Steve looking at your catchment tray if you need you one bigger I got one from Bunnings it was sold as an oil catching tray
                    Cheers
                    George
                    2015 Sahara
                    Black Mica in colour
                    BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• stevemc181
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Georgie View Post
                      Steve thats that's great set up you have got now and if you camp near one of those 4X4 safari tours I am sure you will make money if not $$ barter for beer
                      Steve looking at your catchment tray if you need you one bigger I got one from Bunnings it was sold as an oil catching tray
                      Cheers
                      George
                      I've actually just bought one that is slightly smaller and am awaiting delivery. It's a 37 Litre Pop Up Silicon style tub, so I'll see how that goes when it arrives. I needed a smaller base so the water can stay above the pump intake. The pop up tubs are also easy to store in the back. https://www.snowys.com.au/product-pa...&sc=57&id=6444

Comment

• dolphin
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2008

well done steve , does this shower run hot water or just all cold ?
                        NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• stevemc181
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by dolphin View Post
                          well done steve , does this shower run hot water or just all cold ?
                          If you look back through the thread, you'll see how I've set it up with a heat exchanger and Thermostatic mixing valve. I can get it steaming hot no problems. I either recirculate 4 litres in the shower tub through a 40 micron filter or I can use a different source if water is available. Without recirculating into a bucket though, the water flow has to be slowed down too much to heat it up enough.

Comment

• widgy
                            • Sep 2013
                            • Tassie

Great job Steve , I made a heat exchanger quite a few years back and have fitted to each or our 4wds as we have updated havn't got around to fitting back into our shorty since the conversion
                            our shower head has an on off switch which as you suggested cause's an uncomfortable increase in the water temp when turned back on I spent a lot time in the shed tasting a few sherbs trying to find a solution to this problem the TMV sounds like it gives me on less reason to sit in the shed pondering how save the world and tasting cold beverages bugga I like cold beer
                            NH shorty gls factory rear locker suspension seats 32" MTZ's 2" body lift 2" suspension lift ,4M41 conversion ,top mount IC,TJM Winch Bar 12000lb winch Stedi 120watt light bar plus more to come

Comment

• pharb
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Tyers,Vic

A link to some possible shower trays - http://www.brplastics.com.au/spill-m...uty-trays.html
                              PCOV Member 1107.
                              Daily driver NX GLX
                              Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                              Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                              Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X