Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Website Feedback

Website Feedback Tell us what you do like and don't like about the forum.

Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
I still think it’s more to do with the virus protection software conflicts with the browser combination...

Okay I am wrong.. My chrome now has the same problem on android but not iOs... Haven't booted pc as yet...
2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 1 Week Ago

And when you select advanced and visit site anyway, it's good for a couple of days and then throws you out again. It's a vicious circle. Paj site is not the only one I have problems with, but was the first.
Skyline Australia forum fixed the problem somehow.
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Safari on iOs is also fine ...
2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) - OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch front #plate light bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T,Dash cam, 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

A bit of an update for those interested......One of my 3 PCs would run the forum OK yesterday, today it's giving the blocking message again. Nothing else has changed (that I know of), albeit the browser and Norton Security are on auto update (in all three machines).

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleriver View Post
I still think it’s more to do with the virus protection software conflicts with the browser combination...

Unfortunately not.

Admins will, no doubt be aware of this but the issue is a decision by Chrome to distrust Symantec certificates. This was phased in but became fully effective with Chrome 70. Full details are here.

So, in summary, it only affects the latest versions of Chrome and maybe some Chrome forks. Changing the security certificate isn't such a big deal but involves a bit of co-ordination with multiple parties so may not happen overnight. Admins are on it - give them time.

To get around the problem just use Firefox, or if you really have to, IE or that other MS rubbish. You can also set an exception in Chrome by clicking "ADVANCED" and allowing for single use or, for a more permanent but less secure fix Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Safe Browsing.
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFT5 View Post
Unfortunately not.

Admins will, no doubt be aware of this but the issue is a decision by Chrome to distrust Symantec certificates. This was phased in but became fully effective with Chrome 70. Full details are here.

So, in summary, it only affects the latest versions of Chrome and maybe some Chrome forks. Changing the security certificate isn't such a big deal but involves a bit of co-ordination with multiple parties so may not happen overnight. Admins are on it - give them time.

To get around the problem just use Firefox, or if you really have to, IE or that other MS rubbish. You can also set an exception in Chrome by clicking "ADVANCED" and allowing for single use or, for a more permanent but less secure fix Settings -> Privacy and Security -> Safe Browsing.
^^ correct
Fitted: 265/70R17 Kanati Mud Hogs. Ultimate Suspension HD Front EHD + bags rear. MM Towbar. OL Bullbar. SPV EGR Mod. Bushskinz Bash Plates x4. Roleys Rear Bar Protector. Icom IC-400Pro. Rhino Pioneer Tradie Rack. CTEK CTD250S w/ Dual Bats. Airtec Snorkel. Scangauge II. Blackvue Dash Cam. TC mod. Autosafe Half Barrier. Masten TPMS. Drifta Custom Drawers w/ Mounted Compressor. 47L ARB Fridge. Domin8rX Winch. Towing an MDC stepthrough.
Old 1 Day Ago

Ditto Firefox ver 64.0

Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are issued by certificate authorities. Most browsers no longer trust certificates issued by GeoTrust, RapidSSL, Symantec, Thawte, and VeriSign. www2.pajeroclub.com.au uses a certificate from one of these authorities and so the website’s identity cannot be proven.

You may notify the website’s administrator about this problem.

Firefox can’t load this page for some reason.
Old 1 Day Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushbike View Post
Ditto Firefox ver 64.0

Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are issued by certificate authorities. Most browsers no longer trust certificates issued by GeoTrust, RapidSSL, Symantec, Thawte, and VeriSign. www2.pajeroclub.com.au uses a certificate from one of these authorities and so the website’s identity cannot be proven.

You may notify the website’s administrator about this problem.

Firefox can’t load this page for some reason.
Ditto also. Chrome on android for a few days. Have been ignoring the warning to access the forum. Now my win 7 laptop updated to Firefox 64.0 today and now cannot access the forum from it at all.
Peter