• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Retnaburn
    • Apr 2017
    • Melbourne

High flowing Factory VNT Turbo.

Hey
    Has anyone on this forum has any experience with a factory high flowed turbo and how much did it gain in power?
    Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
    Kj Verada Gtv Current
    Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current
  • twisted32
    • Jan 2015
    • Adelaide

Not sure about the variable geometry turbo on the auto NS (manual is a standard fixed geometry), but on my NW, it is not the turbo that runs out of flow, it looks like the injectors, by monitoring AFR's and injector duty cycles during tuning, so a turbo upgrade is a mute point.
    I have heard similar things with other common rail engines like the 2.8l in the Colorado too.
    MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Retnaburn
      • Apr 2017
      • Melbourne

Hmm i see would a tune fix this or would you need to go for upgraded tips on the injectors ?
      Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
      Kj Verada Gtv Current
      Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• twisted32
        • Jan 2015
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Retnaburn View Post
        Hmm i see would a tune fix this or would you need to go for upgraded tips on the injectors ?
        No, if you tune it (like I have) you will run out of injector before you run out of turbo ( well on NT onwards anyway)
        MY14 GLX Pajero DID auto with Lift, 265/70 R17 Yoki X-AT's, Full Bushskinz plates , Scotts Rods 3" TBE, Johnny Tig FMIC, TME ECU remap, Provent, OL Bullbar, Ironman 9500lbs winch, dual batteries, Lockup mate lite, nomad valve body, aeroflow AF72-6000 transmission cooler with 9" fan and radiator cooler bypass, 3.15 reduction gears, traction contol mod (on/off), Uniden 8080S, flappy paddles, Rhino flat rack mounted on ARB rails, 42" Stedi ST3K light bar and custom drawers

Comment

• Retnaburn
          • Apr 2017
          • Melbourne

Ok so ill have to change the tips on the injectors to get more flow.
          Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
          Kj Verada Gtv Current
          Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• Keithyv
            Valued Member
            • May 2018
            • Perth

I don't think it works like that. You'd need to get complete high-flow injectors.
            Not a cheap exercise...
            How fast do you want to go?, which is the same as how much money do you have?
            Last edited by Keithyv; 22-09-18, 11:39 AM. Reason: added
            2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
            MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Retnaburn
              • Apr 2017
              • Melbourne

Lol it's not going fast i got my ss for that its just a bit more oomf going up hills and towing and going 4x4 doing a set of injectors is fine I have changed mine when i first got the car as one of them seized ill look into the high flow injectors cheers 👌
              Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
              Kj Verada Gtv Current
              Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• twisted32
                • Jan 2015
                • Adelaide

An ecu tune from a reputable tuner should see approximately 25% increase in power and torque, shifting the dyno curve straight up (ie no negative trade offs in performance).
                This is a pretty good start and does transform the car...

Comment

• Retnaburn
                  • Apr 2017
                  • Melbourne

i have since installed the new high flowed turbo they machined 5mm out of the housings and swapped the wheels to garret turbines it has definitely changed the way the car drives it does have a small bit of lag on take off but it makes up for it right through the rev range way better fuel economy feels smoother in the power delivery and the turbo whistle is louder the egt's are about 100 degree better when cruising used to sit on about 350c now sits around 250c and it feels heaps more powerful.
                  Lwb Ns DID 08 Current
                  Kj Verada Gtv Current
                  Vz SSZ 6.0ltr Current

Comment

• FishAnd4WD
                    • Jul 2014
                    • Caloundra

I’ve recently did a bit of work in the engine bay to gain a bit more power even though I had it tuned previously and was making 155rwhp and 550nm torque with just a 3’ turbo back stainless exhaust.

Since then I recently added the HPD series 2 front mount intercooler, new NW VT13 Turbo, new genuine injectors, and new high spec SCV. Got it retuned to suit and managed to pull 180rwhp and bit over 600nm torque, goes like a dream on 33s muddies ��
                    Last edited by FishAnd4WD; 04-11-18, 07:12 AM.
                    Cheers,
                    Anthony

07 NS Exceed DiD -
                    MM Alloy Bar, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Lovell & Bilstein 4" Lift, Maxxis RAZR MT 33s, Bushskinz Protection Plates, RhinoRack Backbone & Pioneer Platform, Bushwakka 270 Awning, STEDI 40.5" ST2K Light Bar - 8.5" Type-X Sport Spotties - ST3301 Pro 4.6" Reverse/Camp Light, Enerdrive DCDC 40 12V Setup, Kings Drawers, 3" SS Exhaust, MM4X4 Lockup Mate, OEM VT13 Highflow Turbo, HPD FMI, OEM Injector Upgrade, Just Autos Remap - 180RWHP 600nm on 33s

2019 SUV GT Mega Camper

Comment

• Piet Potjie
                      • May 2016
                      • Pretoria SA

Can you please advise where you got the high spec SCV from?

Comment

• Ky1e
                        • Aug 2015
                        • Muswellbrook

Originally posted by Piet Potjie View Post
                        Can you please advise where you got the high spec SCV from?
                        Hi-Spec DENSO Suction Control Valve (SHORT - SCV) Suits Mitsubishi Pajero/Triton ML 3.2L , Nissan 2.5L - Chip Tuning Australia

Comment

• Piet Potjie
                          • May 2016
                          • Pretoria SA

Thanks. I read somewhere that they were no more. Thus my question. Glad to see they are still operating.

Comment

• martnH
                            • Nov 2017
                            • AU

Kinguwa t15?

I don't think the vgt really can reduce turbo lag. Just put a normal turbo on.

Cheers

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X