Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Techniques

Techniques Winching - Recoveries - Chainsaw Safety - Proper aproach to 4wding etc

Old 03-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
The 8 speed Aisin auto in the Pajero Sport, already locks the TC in 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th gear and the TC lockup operational profile is quite complex so it could be very difficult to do a Lockup-Mate for this auto trans, it may not even be possible at all.

OJ.
Never throw out a challenge like that to an engineer
I reckon it's possible. It might actually work quite well with all the extra gears to play with.
2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BFG 265/65R18 | ARB BBar | OME 2" lift | Airbags | Safari snorkel | GME 3510WS UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | TPMS | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | Oil catch can | GPS | PLB | Sat-phone | Flappy Paddles & paddle-mate | auto-mate
RETIRED 2003 NP Exceed 3.2 DiD Lots of mods
Build thread here

Checkout my products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate now available to order
Old 03-05-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post
I reckon it's possible. It might actually work quite well with all the extra gears to play with.
Challenge on, after Auto-Mate is finished for the Challenger/Triton and then the Gen 4 Pajero. I have all the factory graphs of the gear changes up and down as well as the torque convertor lock up profiles, they are very complex. Also need access to a PS for testing.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 04-05-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_and_m View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
Also need access to a PS for testing.

OJ.
Happy to help if possible and when I'm in SA.
White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.
Old 09-10-18

We are towing close to the limit of 3T with an NT Platinum. Towing in the flat country in 5th keeping the converter locked as best as possible then shifting it to 4th prior to a hill and then 3rd if required. Regular trans oil changes with the new Penrite ATF LV (low viscosity) oil depending on how much towing your doing. 190,000km (30% towing) so far trouble free.
I have removed the inlet manifold and thoroughly cleaned all the power robing carbon muck build up and then also ran it with a professional inlet manifold cleaning solution to ensure even behind the valves are clean. Then fitted a catch can on the crankcase ventilation line to prevent the sludge build up again. No need to muck around with the EGR, it's fine left alone. I did remove the EGR system but it was quite clean due to running decarboniser every 10k. A full service and adjusted the valves plus replaced the timing chain tension guide between the cams up top. Then fitted a 2.5" full stainless exhaust system with a high flow CAT and a Rapid Chip Module tuned for torque. Just amazing how much torque is available now with better economy.
We live in central west NSW and our recent trip to Stockton Beach area towing through a mix of terrain with some very steep grades included returned 13.7 L/100km on the way down and 15.9 L/100km return. This was all at 100Kph and back to 80 Kph on the steepest grade. I had to drive the same route without towing and returned 8.1 L/100Kph at 100+ Kph.
Just love the improved torque but treat the transmission with respect and you will have trouble free towing.
Old 12-10-18

Nice to have improved torque