• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozzz
    • May 2019
    • Brisbane

provent can catch installation help

Hi guys

I am installing the catch can, and I need your advice. I have searched the forum for relevant information but it seems not many have mentioned.

1st issue I need help is the catch can is so close to other components. Some members have used some foam in the between. Did you guys use sticky tape to wrap the foam?

2nd issue is the long draining tube. Where did you hang it? I dont want it hitting around😂

Thanks guys
    Chris
    My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

No foam but you have to angle the catch can just right.

I ran my drain hose under the airbox. The hose is usually curled up behind the drivers light. This way it can be drain without getting under the car.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ozzz
      • May 2019
      • Brisbane

Thanks Seigried. I will try to bend the metal supplied by provent to find the right angle. Will that cute bottle housing the hose stay clam during offroad? The postion for the drain hose is great, I will work out something else. Thanks for being the giants to let me see further
      My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Keithyv
        Valued Member
        • May 2018
        • Perth

Just to be 100% clear, you aren't leaving that jar in there all the time are you??
        2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
        MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Ozzz
          • May 2019
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
          Just to be 100% clear, you aren't leaving that jar in there all the time are you??
          +1. I guess only for draining demonstration. That drain hose may still harras around, I will work out a solution for that.

Comment

• Seigried
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2016
            • brisbane

That good old jar is only used when I drain the catch can. I have thought a secondary reservoir with a level might be a good idea.

Comment

• Ozzz
              • May 2019
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
              That good old jar is only used when I drain the catch can. I have thought a secondary reservoir with a level might be a good idea.

May I know how you open the engine plastic cover? I tried the normal screw driver but didnt work. screws were quite tight. If i cant open, i may need to get some tube and joint to link the catch can
              thanks

Comment

• mongoose
                • Aug 2007

If your talking about the plastic cover that sits over the engine, just use a 10mm socket and ratchet. I generally find they are too tight for a screwdriver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                NW Pajero VR-X
                Currently stock

Comment

• Ozzz
                  • May 2019
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by mongoose View Post
                  If your talking about the plastic cover that sits over the engine, just use a 10mm socket and ratchet. I generally find they are too tight for a screwdriver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  you have just saved me another trip to bunnings. it works lol. i will finish this project tonight, cant sleep

Comment

• Ozzz
                    • May 2019
                    • Brisbane

thanks everyone. finally finished. I have also made a little cup to house the drain hose. I will enjoy my paj for now and pick up the next mod when it fits.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Treny
                      • Feb 2014
                      • Moama

Provent 200 support bracket

I made an extra bracket to support the 200
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Ozzz
                        • May 2019
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by Treny View Post
                        I made an extra bracket to support the 200
                        I like that. my catch can will dance with the engine

Comment

• bergcycle
                          • Nov 2019
                          • brisbane

Probably too late for you now but it might help future readers. Provent now does a dual mounting bracket that allows you to mount the catch can and a pre-fuel filter on the passenger side of the engine bay. Bought mine through Western Filters.

Comment

• Techedz
                            • Aug 2019
                            • South Canberra

Originally posted by bergcycle View Post
                            Probably too late for you now but it might help future readers. Provent now does a dual mounting bracket that allows you to mount the catch can and a pre-fuel filter on the passenger side of the engine bay. Bought mine through Western Filters.

And a genuine Provent 200 kit on evilbay for $142 without extras.
                            Western filters sell it with all hoses, ball cock etc as a kit

NW 2012 Pajero Exceed 3.2 Diesel, 18" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs offroad / Coopers Discoverers onroad; 66 Mustang Convertible; Suzuki M109R 1800, DR650 Dirt bike.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X