• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RovingTech
    • Jan 2008
    • Darwin

3.2 NP rough Idle when cold

Hi
    My NP 3.2 MY05 has suddenly developed a rough idle when cold even to a point of stalling.Idles fine when warm. I tried it for the 3rd time today and same symptoms. After driving for 5 km the idle is fine. Any suggestions as to the problem?
    2005 NP Exceed DiD .TJM Alloy Bull Bar. Dual Battery
    TX3440 UHF. Airtec Snorkel and false floor. Intercooler and sump guard.
  • mimet
    • Jun 2016
    • noosa

Hi!
    Did you get it sorted out? I have the exact same problem. Also I get white smoke when starting. Turning the a/c off seemed to smooth the cold idle, but problems come back immediately when I put transmission on D or R. Car runs fine when warm. Bought the car few weeks ago and it run just fine the first 800km. Any suggestions?

-Mika-

Comment

• RovingTech
      • Jan 2008
      • Darwin

Hi
      It was the EGR valve . I made a blanking plate and it ran fine .
      2005 NP Exceed DiD .TJM Alloy Bull Bar. Dual Battery
      TX3440 UHF. Airtec Snorkel and false floor. Intercooler and sump guard.

Comment

• Bazooka
        • Apr 2012
        • Fraser Coast Queensland

Hi RovingTech - out of intetest, can you say what was wrong with the EGR and how it was causing the rough idle when cold?

I recently replaced my EGR valve because it was leaking and blanketing grey soot over the vacuum pump and adjacent engine cover bracket, more than likely during acceleration when it was closed (or was supposed to be) to the intake manifold. The two gaskets on the EGR seemed fine, i.e. no soot from those areas and I'm yet to have a look at the old EGR valve to see if I can determine how it might have been leaking up the shaft! Mine had been doing this for quite some time (while I pondered what to do ) before replacement although I never had an idle problem at all, I just happened to notice the soot one day.....

Cheers.
        2004 NP 3.2 Auto Exceed, 410,250+k's, OME Suspension w/2-inch Lift, ECB Aluminium Bullbar, Under-bonnet Dual Batteries. Engine rebuilt at 401,595k's.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X