• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

NS passenger airbag recall

My NS is booked in for the front passenger airbag in a few weeks. Already had the drivers airbag and indicator stalk recalls done earier this year at local dealer.

Been reading on other sub forums about the possibility that takata airbags may be being used to replace the current ones or that the internal explosive part is replaced with another brand. Also that some dealers are having the vehicle for a few hours and some not long. Been told by my dealer, DJ Motors in Hobart, that it will only take 30 mins and I can wait for it with a free coffee!

Once mine is done I'll post some feedback on my findings.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​
  • Chunk
    • Jun 2015
    • S.A

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
    My NS is booked in for the front passenger airbag in a few weeks. Already had the drivers airbag and indicator stalk recalls done earier this year at local dealer.

Been reading on other sub forums about the possibility that takata airbags may be being used to replace the current ones or that the internal explosive part is replaced with another brand. Also that some dealers are having the vehicle for a few hours and some not long. Been told by my dealer, DJ Motors in Hobart, that it will only take 30 mins and I can wait for it with a free coffee!

Once mine is done I'll post some feedback on my findings.
    Hey mate, on my paperwork that got sent out about the passenger airbag replacement it said replaced with non-takata airbag 👍 i think it was earlier replacements before safety recall they put takata back in would be a bad move by mitsubishi to put the takata back in after the recall

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Just had a read of my letter and says the same, replacing with non takata airbag. Ill have a chat with them when its done but by all accounts the explosive part that is replaced is a different brand......as discussed in other sections of this forum.

2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...