• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drewan
    • Apr 2017
    • Adelaide

4wd gear lever boot

At the base of the 4wd lever theres a black rubber boot with a breather ? Question is what is it ? And is the boot there for any other reason other than to keep crap out of the box ? Noticed my was perished when I took the levers off to do the clutch
    Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .
  • NK3500
    • May 2010
    • Adelaide

The rubber boot is to seal transfer case from dirt and water, it also acts as the breather for the transfer case. There should be a metal tube coming from the boot and runs down the trans tunnel to the front of the transmission, that's your transfer breather.The boot is held in place by a bracket and three bolts sandwiching the boot to the transfer case top plate. Unfortunately to remove the boot bracket you must remove the top plate to get to the nuts underneath holding the bracket on as they are a nut and bolt. loosening them from the top could result in a nut or three being dropped into the transfer case. EDIT: Ahh had i read your post properly i would have noticed you already had the levers off
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NK3500; 18-08-17, 05:11 PM.
    NK Paj 3.5 DOHC Auto, 2" Suspension Lift, Airbags, Snorkel, Twin ARB Lockers, 3.15 Reduction Gears, Dual Batteries, 16x8 black sunny's, 285/75 16 Duratracs, Diff Breathers, Custom Sliders & Bar Work, 147L Long Range Tank, ECB Alloy Bar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Roof Cage and the usual battle scars.

Comment

• Drewan
      • Apr 2017
      • Adelaide

Didn't have any nuts involved just undid the 7 bolts 4 on Gear 3 on 4wd and lifted the levers out but thanks for the heart stopping moment 😫 was just living in hope it wasn't a vacuum line waiting for new unijonts before I can test it
      Over capitalized NK.I'm running out of things to add to it it died , now a SWB NJ with all the good stuff from the NK on it .

Comment

• NK3500
        • May 2010
        • Adelaide

Weird mine definitely had nuts and bolts, mine is 97 NK auto so may be different or design change.
        Sorry for the heart attack.
        NK Paj 3.5 DOHC Auto, 2" Suspension Lift, Airbags, Snorkel, Twin ARB Lockers, 3.15 Reduction Gears, Dual Batteries, 16x8 black sunny's, 285/75 16 Duratracs, Diff Breathers, Custom Sliders & Bar Work, 147L Long Range Tank, ECB Alloy Bar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Roof Cage and the usual battle scars.

Comment

• Drewan
          • Apr 2017
          • Adelaide

97 NK manual here so that explains all ,just been out there looking at the box threaded holes.its nice to get a win 😎

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X