Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-4 Pajero

Generation 4-4 Pajero NX model 2014 -

Old 12-06-19

Default Ultragauge Set Up for ATF Temp

Hi all,

I know this has been covered in a couple of threads but could someone please provide a simple guide on how to set this up.

I have had UGs for quite a while now but have never set up what looks like a custom gauge.

I have a 2017 NX and would appreciate any help with this.

Many thanks
Old 12-06-19

Do you have the wired or Wireless Ultragauge ?? For the Wireless Ultragauge Blue, you need to go into the settings on the and scroll down to the Custom Gauges and download the Custom gauges (it uses the info it detected for your vehicle using the VIN.

Once you have downloaded the Gauge, you then need to Test it. I didn't work for me until i had tested it - The test button is at the top right of my phone screen.

I hope this helps
Old 12-06-19

I used this link to set up my Ultragauge https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=45507
There are other links on the forum but this one had a few photos that made it easier to follow
Cheers
Terry
ALSO NT 30th Anniversary Model 3.2 DID Auto.(Accessory list needs to start again). Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 Tyres, ARB old man emu 50mm Suspension lift, SPV module and Catch Can,Bushskinz plates, King Brown 3" Exhaust turbo back, Richards Automotive Torque Lock up Kit.
Old 12-06-19
Valued Member

I got the ATF info from the forum as well. I have readings for the pan temperature as well as the temperature after it comes out of the TC.

Here's the settings I used.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M Gauge ATF.jpg (182.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg M Gauge Pan.jpg (184.3 KB, 51 views)
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 12-06-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
I got the ATF info from the forum as well. I have readings for the pan temperature as well as the temperature after it comes out of the TC.

Here's the settings I used.....
Nice! I have the first one I think, I grabbed the settings from a thread on here. But the second one looks interesting. Much difference in temperature?
Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Stedi driving/fog light combo + LED headlights, dual battery, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone
Old 13-06-19
Resident

Those photos show offset of FFD8, which is effectively subtracting 40 from the number received on the CAN bus.

For the Gen 4 Aisin transmission m_and_m found the offset should be -50, or FFCE, which is also the offset used by Torque Pro.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 13-06-19

Thanks so much guys. I finally have a couple of days off work so will have a crack.
Old 13-06-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
Those photos show offset of FFD8, which is effectively subtracting 40 from the number received on the CAN bus.

For the Gen 4 Aisin transmission m_and_m found the offset should be -50, or FFCE, which is also the offset used by Torque Pro.
Thanks for that, I checked back to the thread where Marshall posted his settings and you're correct, they are different from mine in the offset. I'm not sure where I got mine from but I thought they were from Marshall. Maybe I just wrote them down wrong.

I've been getting ATF readings which seem to be what others are seeing, as in around 60-80 depending on outside temperature or if I'm towing or not.

The question is, if I've got the offset wrong, will that change those readings dramatically? I assume it will change by 10?

I'll alter mine to what Marshall has and see what difference it makes.

Here are the pics from Marshall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0860.JPG (86.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0861.JPG (20.3 KB, 140 views)
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 13-06-19
Resident

First thing in the morning, before you actually start your engine, wait for your Ultragauge to connect and show numbers. Coolant, intake air and transmission temps should all be the same.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Torque Pro Cold.jpg (114.5 KB, 211 views)

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box
Old 13-06-19
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian H View Post
Thanks for that, I checked back to the thread where Marshall posted his settings and you're correct, they are different from mine in the offset. I'm not sure where I got mine from but I thought they were from Marshall. Maybe I just wrote them down wrong.

I've been getting ATF readings which seem to be what others are seeing, as in around 60-80 depending on outside temperature or if I'm towing or not.

The question is, if I've got the offset wrong, will that change those readings dramatically? I assume it will change by 10?

I'll alter mine to what Marshall has and see what difference it makes.

Here are the pics from Marshall.

These are what I am running in my NW Ian and have done for quite a while.....I altered after some one posted this display up....possibly Marshall. I recall about an 8 degree difference. Hard to say...