Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Do It Yourself Projects

Do It Yourself Projects Anything that you have made up yourself. Rear storage systems etc

Old 16-04-13
Valued Member

Default Another spot for fireextinguisher

Finally got around to taking a pic of where I have the fire Extinguisher- its under the passenger seat and out of sight. Which is good for neatness, but bad if needed and I was not about. Need to remove seat and carpet to drill holes as there are wires in the area- inc airbag! Position is critical +/- 5 mm in any direction and it fouls something.
Also have a second 1/2 kilo extinguisher in the rear door compartment.

Jim Boyer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phone April 13 005c.jpg (35.9 KB, 250 views)
File Type: jpg phone April 13 063c.jpg (32.7 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg phone April 13 006c.jpg (28.4 KB, 231 views)
2013 NW GLX-R Factory Locker, TC mod,Dual Battery, 240V inverter, Anderson Plug, Fire Extinguisher. GME TX3500 UHF Radio, MM Alloy Bar, ORU 12000lb Winch,EGR mod, Fancy wheels, 33" Pirelli ATR Tyres, LRA Aux tank, Custom bash plates & Rock sliders, Ultra Gauge, ARB Compressor, LED Light bar, little mods around the cabin. Kings Std Ratecoils & Ultimate Shocks, Firestone HP airbags, Airteck Snorkel, Hema 6. Towing: Starcraft outback
Old 24-07-13
Valued Member

Inspired by this thread, especially Rexy & Brownie's output, I have just finished mounting mine behind the driver's heels under the seat runners.

Materials used:
- 1kg powder extinguisher (from Auto One)
- 1 x zinc coated gate repair strap
- 2 x angle brackets
- 4 x 6mm high tensile bolts, nuts & spring washers
- spray can primer & matt black paint (all from Bunnings)

Some creative bending cutting & grinding, a couple of extra holes and enlarging a few others, quick coat of paint and the job was done.

Cheers,
Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1150.jpg (81.2 KB, 338 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1155.jpg (59.7 KB, 346 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1156.jpg (70.2 KB, 332 views)
Old 24-07-13

Hey Pickle, I noticed that you've got the aerosol can type extinguisher fitted...

Just a word of warning, they dont have a pressure guage fitted and Ive heard of people going to use them and them not working.

The valve can leak out the propellant out of the can, leaving you with a "fire extinguisher" full of powder, but cant use it when its needed...kinda like that can of WD40 you've had sitting in the back of the garage and you need to hold it upside down to get the fluid out of

Id be tossing those units as far as you can, and buying extinguishers that are fitted with a pressure guage.

Also if extinguishers are mounted vertical, every couple of months they should be taken out of their mountings, inverted and shaken up.

The DCP in the extinguisher can settle into a solid mass within the extinguisher with time and with the vehicle vibrations, the idea is to break up the mass back into the powder so it'll work properly when needed.
Old 28-04-19

Thought Iíd resurrect this thread as I want to fit one to mine.

Upon consideration I think Iíll fit mine to the rear door and secure with a velcro strap. Main reason for the mounting in the rear is that it encourages the occupants to get the hell out of the car as priority.

No point having the extinguisher by your feet as youíre highly unlikely to be fighting a fire successfully from your seat. Passenger safety is main priority, car is secondary so I want people out first, fight fire second.
Old 06-05-19
Valued Member

I made a bracket that bolts to the Drivers seat mount bolts to mount mine... Quick and simple to grab if I need too... I also have one in the rear too... I had a close call last year with long grass and a hot Exhaust that's why I have 2 now... Both 1.5kg...

Gemster...
97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ARB bar, Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, Terrain Tamer Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, 3 core radiator, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps, and a New Heart to come
..and No Airbags. We die like real Men
Old 07-05-19
Valued Member

I have just ordered a couple of brackets from Kap Industries. One for the Evo and one for the Pajero.

Sure, I could probably make something up like I have on previous cars but I don't get much time out in the shed these days.

I'll let you know what they're like once installed.
Old 07-05-19
Valued Member

I had mine installed by Russell (Kapp Industries) last week and now it's out of the way under the front of the passenger seat and easily accessible, but not in the way.
Prior to that, I had it in the rear draw taking up space I could have used for other things.

He made a video of the installation process which is on his web site here.....https://kap.industries/product/mitsu...isher-bracket/

Very professional product and a good guy to deal with.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fire extinguisher bracket.jpg (176.5 KB, 51 views)
2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, MM Auto Mate, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Last edited by Ian H; 07-05-19 at 02:13 PM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _jp_ View Post
I have just ordered a couple of brackets from Kap Industries. One for the Evo and one for the Pajero.

Sure, I could probably make something up like I have on previous cars but I don't get much time out in the shed these days.

I'll let you know what they're like once installed.
I finally got around to mounting the Kap Industries brackets in the Evo and Paj. Perfect fit!