X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnFromPerth
    • Mar 2018
    • Western Australia

Have a good look underneath. Up on a hoist if possible.
    Look for any sign of oil leaks at the rear of the motor especially from the rear crankshaft oil seal.
    Was a failing of this model and expensive to fix.

Comment

• ActionDan
      • Apr 2019
      • Yackandandah

Appreciate the heads up, a hoist will not be available, but I've got a decent mechanical eye so I'll be going over it.

Will certainly pay close attention to the rear main.

He advises there are no issues with the car and it will pass roadworthy etc etc

Given how quickly they sell, I had to jump on it, see how we go.

Comment

• ActionDan
        • Apr 2019
        • Yackandandah

Car was better than expected, very happy
        Attached Files

Comment

• ron2503
          • Dec 2017
          • Alex Hills

Originally posted by ActionDan View Post
          Car was better than expected, very happy
          Good job!
          2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
          Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
          Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• BrokeAnt6
            • Sep 2009

Hi Ron,
            Hope you don,t mind me asking but I am looking at a 2017 PS and just wondering if you are happy with the towing performance of your Paj.
            I have a 2003 NP which has been great, but it is time for an update.
            My van is 2500 ATM.
            Thanks
            Reg
            Belmont QLD

Comment

• ron2503
              • Dec 2017
              • Alex Hills

Hi Reg. We only tow a 1.5t van so I can't comment on towing heavier but the PS does it fine. I have upgraded the suspension though to Outback Armour, which has made a huge difference in every day driving and towing. I use a Ram Horn WDH but it probably isn't necessary.
              2017 PS. OE Bullbar & Towbar. Uniden 7740NB UHF in Console. Roadvision 7" LED's, Custom Offroad SS bash plates, Outback Armour 2"lift; Outback Accessories 107L LRT, Towpro Elite, Masten 6 wheel TPMS.
              Towing '99 Jayco 16' StarCraft poptop.
              Traded 1997 Terrano II. OME with Kings Springs. ECB Bullbar

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
                • Aug 2012
                • Brisbane, Southside

Reg I recently towed our 2700 ATM Billabong caravan to SA and back from Brisbane, mix of highway and B roads with some dirt, no problem whatsoever. It consistently maintains 100kmh in 7th gear locked up.

It’s a very good tow vehicle.
                Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
                Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• BrokeAnt6
                  • Sep 2009

PajeroSport towing

Hi Ron and Greg,
                  Thank you both for your comments, which are very much appreciated.
                  Early days into my search, so hopefully I find the tug for us.
                  Happy and safe caravaning

Cheers
                  Reg

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by BrokeAnt6 View Post
                    Hi Ron,
                    Hope you don,t mind me asking but I am looking at a 2017 PS and just wondering if you are happy with the towing performance of your Paj.
                    I have a 2003 NP which has been great, but it is time for an update.
                    My van is 2500 ATM.
                    Thanks
                    Reg
                    Belmont QLD

Hi Reg,

The Pajero Sport has more power, more torque and 3 extra gears than the NP Pajero so it will easily out perform the NP on towing duties. Only issue with the PS is the soft rear coils that are not happy with a few hundred kg in the back seat/cargo area and another few hundred kgs on the towball. Rear coils and internal cones cost about $300 for oparts and about 1.5 hours to fit.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• BrokeAnt6
                      • Sep 2009

Pajero Sport

Thank you OJ for your reply too.
                      Safe travels
                      Reg

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...