• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scribble88
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2014
    • Geraldton, WA

Thoughts on Pajero phasing out

Interesting post on the gen 4.3 Pajero group by amitasdhir: Is the Pajero really phasing out?
    Just had a thought; yes it is a real bummer there will be no more Pajero's. However the real tragedy would be:

"Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum phasing out"

Gus,Pickle and whoever else started/keeps this forum going need a big cheer . Look at the generation 1 Pajero owners, still being look after.

The amount of smart people contribute to this forum; between them they could build the next Pajeo model. There is a disused Mitsubishi plant somewhere in Australia. If not the Holden factory in SA will be shutting down soon. Keiron from Bushskinz is pretty handy in the manufacturing field. We could get Oldjack and Spot01 to help Keiron, make sure crappy design faults were taken out.
    2010 3.2 DiD Activ Pajero 5sp Manual. Bilstein and HD Lovells 50mm lift, Toyo Open Country II A/T, Diff breathers, SPV EGR Mod, Exedy HD Clutch, Electric brake controller, Kings Lethal 9” LED’s.Reversing camera system for trailer, Airtec Snorkel. Full set of Bushskinz bash plates.
  • Hatto
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Mandurah WA

I'd buy a Paj made by members for sure!
    I like it
    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2013
      • Sydney

How good would a Paj kit car be! Build your own Paj from new parts.
      NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Hatto
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Mandurah WA

True
        Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
        ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Jimboy
          • May 2015
          • Mornington Peninsula, Vic.

The Take

Perhaps an Argentinian style factory take over? Viva Pajero!!!

Cheers,
          Jim
          4WD Neophyte In a 2013 Pajero NW GLX; taking me places to appreciate the nature of Oz- https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimonearth/

Comment

• Pwoffey
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2013
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
            How good would a Paj kit car be! Build your own Paj from new parts.
            An IKEA-style flat pack Paj kit? But you have to be able to assemble it with just a screw driver and an Allen key. Big savings on subsequent maintenance, tinkering and tools. Starting to make more and more sense actually...
            BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Paul (SA)
              • Apr 2013
              • Australia

First thing is to re-design the crappy card holder slot thing and replace it with something useful.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2014
                • Wellington,New Zealand

Originally posted by Paul (SA) View Post
                First thing is to re-design the crappy card holder slot thing and replace it with something useful.
                i just wen to the car stereo place and asked them to install my ipod adapater intoo my gls,and get rid of that card holder thing at the same time.It comes out cleanly and you atre left with a din sized hole and some handy mounting options.
                2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• justcruizin
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2008
                  • Brisbane

I was at a dealership the other day having a look at the new sport and 2016 Paj. A female salesperson came out snd started the whole sales chat. When i popped the question about the Paj being phased out she stated that the Paj Sport is the replacement for the Challenger and that the Paj would continue on. She told me she had worked for MM for 21 years and the anouncement by the head of MM Aust is not conclusive. There has been no such announcement from the Head of MM Japan.

Given the number of Pajeros sold in Oz, she believed it would not be good business sense to drop it from the Oz market.

Now, how much truth is in that I don't really know. I guess we will have to just wait and see.
                  08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2014
                    • Wellington,New Zealand

i think the naming says it all..Pajero sport is the new pajero bye bye pajero
                    2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                    BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• bennyb29
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
                      i think the naming says it all..Pajero sport is the new pajero bye bye pajero
                      All they have done with the Pajero Sport is bring the naming in line with the other markets. The Challenger sold in Australia was called the Pajero Sport in other countries. Now, there is no more Challenger, just the Pajero Sport, which is actually an evolution of the Challenger, as we know it.
                      Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

• efeinblatt
                        • Feb 2015
                        • perth

Originally posted by Jimboy View Post
                        Perhaps an Argentinian style factory take over? Viva Pajero!!!

Cheers,
                        Jim
                        Yes! That's a great idea. A worker own 'recuperated factory."
                        1992 NH 2.5L diesel turbo intercooler, ARB bull bar, Hankook Dynapro AT 31x10.5x15, IPF 900 spotties, home-made bug guard, rola vortex roof rack, 47L Evakool, Thumper

Comment

• scribble88
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2014
                          • Geraldton, WA

Gus, Pickle, Old Jack, Spot01 and Keiron,

The members have spoken, you are now elected to take the managerial role of the South Australian Holden car manufacturing plant.

What will the next model be called: Pajero IKEA, Pajero kit 2017 or Pajero Victoria.
                          2010 3.2 DiD Activ Pajero 5sp Manual. Bilstein and HD Lovells 50mm lift, Toyo Open Country II A/T, Diff breathers, SPV EGR Mod, Exedy HD Clutch, Electric brake controller, Kings Lethal 9” LED’s.Reversing camera system for trailer, Airtec Snorkel. Full set of Bushskinz bash plates.

Comment

• lindzinc
                            • Jul 2011
                            • Willetton WA

Pajero's future

So where to now for Pajero. We have had this current shape for 10 years since the NS, although the architecture has been much longer (suggest since NP, but happy to be corrected??) So, for 16 years the Pajero has remained with the same foundation. Pajero Sport is the pretty replacement for the Challenger, but if the Pajero as we know it goes, then are we left with choosing from a Prado or heaven forbid an Everest for our new vehicle?? True the Pajero is a bit rough around the edges, but it is a tried and true reflection of what people want as reflected within this forum.
                            Does Mitsubishi understand the need for such a vehicle in our vast land or will the value of my second hand one now go up???
                            I am hoping that there will be a fantastic announcement soon suggesting that a new model is coming soon and not another face lift with minor tweaks! Still the old adage applies in some ways that if it is not broke why fix it. But then we as consumers are always on the look out for something new. Mine is now 6 years old and apart from two batteries and two sets of tyres, it has been a reliable and a vehicle that has done all I could ask of it. Hopefully it will remain as a model in "Mitsi's" line up for years to come.
                            2010 MY10 GLS, Diesel, Auto, Cool Silver, Long Ranger 60L Aux Tank, OME Suspension, Milford Cargo Barrier, Hayman Reese Towbar, Rhino Roof Rails, Tinted Windows including UV Protection on "Privacy Glass", ARB Deluxe Bullbar Colour Coded, Polyair bags. Jayco Eagle Outback Camper

Comment

• Jan 2016
                              • adelaide

I needed a 4wd maybe in the upcoming 2 years to travel around Australia when time allows,and I bought a nx last week,only rushed to buy one because the news says pajero will be gone by 2017,and 15 plate my16 is really a good deal right now.
                              I was hoping Im getting the last/final edition of the current shape,its a legend.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X