Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Abercrombie River National Park - Silent Creek camping area - NOW OPEN again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MSF
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2009
    • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Abercrombie River National Park - Silent Creek camping area - NOW OPEN again....

A huge effort from a couple of clubs has provided a quick regeneration of the Abercrombie River National Park - Silent Creek camping area.

On the weekend of the 9th and 10th of March a number of members from

Off The Black 4WD Club
    Triple Diamond 4WD Club
    Central West 4WD Club
    Blue Mountains 4WD Club
    Sydney District 4WD Club
    Black Diamond 4WD Club

put in a huge effort only 7 months after they initially went down there with the local ranger Jules Bros to assess and protect from the damage done by a few 4WDs doing circle work in the campsite area and hill climbs up hills that previously had no tracks.

The weekend was spent removing bollards that had been placed to protect the regeneration area and repainting.

Jules Bros passed on her appreciation and thanked all involved. It would have been difficult to get the result without the help of the 4WD clubs, and she looks forward to further projects.

Visit the link to see the photos:

• psproule
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Googong, NSW

Big thumbs up! Sad I didn't know the back story or I would have lived to help. Its a beautiful spot.
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• TheTaipan
      Banned
      • Jan 2009
      • sydney

Congratulations mate. This is one of the reasons to join a club.

I am disappointed by the lack of response on here. Forty seven views and only Pat and me responding.

Unfortunately the same idiots that ruined it may be back and destroy it again.

Comment

• awbeattie381
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2011
        • Inner West, Sydney

top result, everyone deserves a pat on the back!

Andrew
        1989 NG Superwagon V6
        2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
        1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• my.paj
          • Dec 2010
          • Tullamarine

Wow its good to see things getting done and cant wait for the club to offer up something like this, nothing better than taking on a job and seeing the results.
          At least with this one there was a chance to fix and reopen if it wasn't for people like you Gov would just close it for good.
          Rick
          Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
          New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• Herman4x4
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Melton, Victoria

Top job . Jopefully the ferrals who did this have grown up a bit and dont repeat their actions, or if they do, someone can get a rego and they get pinned for it.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.
            Cheers,
            Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
            Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

• eman
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2009
              • Cranebrook, NSW

Was great hearing that at the meeting, another great reason for joining a 4wd club!
              Hope they catch the scumbags that did it in the first place or at least karma catches up to them!

On another note, I should've said G'day at the meeting Jason, will make sure I do next time. And talk about luck with the LED strip, must have a play when I get the chance!
              2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

Well done to the clubs involved . Also good to see rangers are seeking 4x4 clubs help with projects such as this one.
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• MSF
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2009
                  • Sydney, Northern Beaches

We (as a club) are very lucky with a number of the head Rangers in NSW (Specifically around the Blue Mountains / Lithgow / Oberon / Mudgee area) in that they are very keen for us to be involved and appreciate our efforts.

eman, - Yeah, when I heard your name called out I was like, Dammit - what's the bet he will grab the LED's - Bazinga !!!!
                  And then Waz won the second one and took the other.. - (my life sucks ha ha )

Comment

• eman
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • Cranebrook, NSW

haha yeah I just couldn't resist the LED's. Will have to compare them to the chinese 5050's that I've got (although I have no idea where they are!)

Think I heard that Greg donated more lights for upcoming meetings though, fingers crossed he has!
                    2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X