• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gunamod
    • Jul 2011
    • Turramurra NSW

Suspension lift and body lift?

Folks,
    I refer to the article in 4WD ACTION magazine the latest "Essential 4WD Tips" Vol 3 (page 22) where it talks about a Pajero NL 2.5 L Gen 2 having a suspension lift (50mm) as well as a body lift (25mm). I was under the impression that due to the monocoque contsruction of a Pajero that a body lift was out of the question. Is the Gen 2 that different in construction to the NT?

Does anybody know if its possible to do both? In this case the Pajero has 31 inch MTs fitted and the lift was required so prevent rubbing of the tyes on the car.

Thanks
    Geoff
    Pajero 2010 NT RX Diesel. Mods so far a Towbar
  • Silver Streak
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Adelaide. South Aust.

Yep!! we're only "monocoques" on this thread.
    Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
    Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Jemsquash
      • Jan 2010
      • Perth

I've never looked into it but I believe you can lower the suspension. I don't know how popular it is or if its even legal in Australia.
      Here is a thread on it
      07 NS GLX 3.2 DiD Auto - Bushskinz bash plate + custom bash plate - Rocksliderz - factory bull bar - Pirelli scorpion ATRs - Ironman awning - Rhino Pioneer Luggage tray - Chip it race pipe - Home made breathers - 2" (Bilstein/Lovell) - No Limit Chip - Torque Pro for Android

Comment

• nvpaj
        • Apr 2012
        • Northcote, Vic.

NL and earlier are on chassic rails, hence the body left.
        1999 NL 3.5l sohc Pajero SWB. Toughdog suspension, 265/75/16 Cooper ST-Maxx, Icom-400pro UHF, Codan HF, IPF lights, ARB bullbar with Aldi 9500 winch, Airtec snorkel, Diff breathers, Brown Davis tanks 150lt, Thule roof rack with customer basket with hi-lift jack and shovel on a Kaymar bracket and a Foxwing awning, Dual Yellow Optima Batteries & Piranha management system, 60l Waeco with customer drawer system.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X