• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

Front and rear heights

Someone suggested that the front of my NX sits lower than the front from the factory. I measured on level ground all sides from the center of the wheel to the guard and looks to me they are all the same distance. There is nothing hitched on my tow bar and no additional weight in the rear (save for 3 umbrellas). So either the suggestion is incorrect of my measurement is wrong. Your thoughts?
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
    Someone suggested that the front of my NX sits lower than the front from the factory. I measured on level ground all sides from the center of the wheel to the guard and looks to me they are all the same distance. There is nothing hitched on my tow bar and no additional weight in the rear (save for 3 umbrellas). So either the suggestion is incorrect of my measurement is wrong. Your thoughts?
    Post your measurements, and someone here (probably OJ) will tell you what the official factory numbers are.

Edit: thanks to the magic of Google:

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
    Factory ride heights are 500-505mm on the front and 530-535mm on the rear.

OJ.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• dreamerman
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • Sydney

5mm is the difference in height between front and rear for my NX. Measurement taken like in pic.
      Attached Files
      03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

5mm is the difference in height between front and rear for my NX. Measurement taken like in pic.

And the measurements are.............

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

so what are the measurements?

OJ.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Rear should be 30mm more than front. So something is wrong, but if your front is low then your rear is even lower.

What are the actual measurements? All four of them?
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• dreamerman
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2009
              • Sydney

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
              And the measurements are.............
              Sorry I was not interested in the measurement, only the difference in height. Will post if I take measurements next time. My garage is not level so have to do it elsewhere.

Comment

• Satman
                • Aug 2016
                • Sydney

Mine measures 500mm from center of wheel to the guard on front and 505mm from center of wheel to guard rear. I have TJM bullbar and second 100A battery in front, AGM battery and drawers plus 60L fridge in rear. Not changed suspension as yet. Hope this helps
                NX GLS MY16 Auto: TJM Bull Bar | Paddlle Shift & P-Mate | MMTowbar | Spare Lift Kit | SPVi Module | Torque Pro App | Motorola UHF | Icom IC7000 HF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Boo’s Bash Plate complete set | PX07 Boss Air Compressor | Lightbar | SC-80 & AGM 100A rear seat well | Bonnet struts | Custom built Drawer & Fridge slide.

Comment

• Dicko1
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Cairns, FNQ

My Nw is 530mm at front and 550 at rear. Rear has about 130kg sitting inside it at the moment.
                  Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• oscaroo
                    • Dec 2017
                    • Sydney

My NX has 53.5 at the front with KCFR34HHD with a smartbar and bashplates.
                    And 54.5 at the back with KCRR35 with half a cargo barrier and towbar.
                    With the airbags at 60psi at the back, the back goes up to 57cm (when empty)

Comment

• miniyazz
                      • Jul 2018
                      • Alice Springs

Mine was at 470-475 front 500 back on factory suspension with front bull bar, winch, 4mm front bash plates and rear 60L fridge + 110Ah battery.

Now needs remeasuring due to suspension upgrades and other changes..

Comment

• old Jack
                        Regular
                        • Jun 2011
                        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Minimum legal ride height for a NX is 461mm front and 488mm rear, this is specified in the RVCS data.

OJ.
                        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Roadblock
                          • Apr 2010
                          • Mackay, QLD

I’ve noticed our new NX appears ‘lop-sided’ when sitting on the level concrete in the garage. I measured it at the rear only and the measurements from the concrete to the top tangent point of the wheel arch, measured through the centre of the wheel were 877 passenger side and 865 drivers side. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m thinking I’ll be asking for MM to investigate at the 1,500 service and rectify.

I do have an additional 60’ish kg of weight on that side in a 140Ah battery and dometic CFF45 fridge but I had a 120Ah battery and Engel MT45 on one side in our prado for 8 years and it still sits dead level.
                          Cheers,
                          Roadblock

2019 NX Exceed, Pearl White, MM Steel Bar, MM towbar, Provent 200 catch can, 140Ah Aux with Projecta IDC25 DC-DC Charger

Comment

• BROOMZPAJ
                            • Mar 2010
                            • Geelong

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
                            I’ve noticed our new NX appears ‘lop-sided’ when sitting on the level concrete in the garage. I measured it at the rear only and the measurements from the concrete to the top tangent point of the wheel arch, measured through the centre of the wheel were 877 passenger side and 865 drivers side. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m thinking I’ll be asking for MM to investigate at the 1,500 service and rectify.

I do have an additional 60’ish kg of weight on that side in a 140Ah battery and dometic CFF45 fridge but I had a 120Ah battery and Engel MT45 on one side in our prado for 8 years and it still sits dead level.
                            Hi.
                            This has cropped up and been discussed a number of times in relation to Gen 4s.
                            Have a read of the following example ...
                            https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/node/33896
                            Broomy
                            Last edited by BROOMZPAJ; 01-05-19, 01:11 AM. Reason: Dyslexic spelling
                            2012 MY12 NW Exceed 3.2 DiD
                            Cool Silver - Nudge Bar - Bonnet Protector - Cargo Liner - Sports Roof Rack Cross Bars - UltraGauge - Bushskinz IC & Sump guards - T'EYES CC3 head unit with integrated front & rear cameras - Trap Mats - EGR control - Travall Pet Barrier - Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus - 2" lift via Bilstein shocks/struts & King springs.

Comment

• aussieintas
                              Valued Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • Sorell, Tasmania

Roadblock dont measure from concrete or floor to top of wheel arch do it from centre of wheel to wheel arch. Reason.........it takes the tyre out of the equation which if they have differing pressures could alter the measurement.
                              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...