• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris.
    • Jan 2014
    • N/A

Basic ARB CKMP12 Air Compressor Install

Xxxx
    Last edited by Chris.; 04-03-18, 11:14 AM.
  • Rnn_onmt
    • May 2017
    • Freo ish

Looks good. Did you mount it on rubber feet or washers? Compressor shake/vibrate a lot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• P4J3R0
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Brisbane

Good work.

Will stay high and dry there.
      NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• 02-SR5
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2010
        • Toowoomba

Two tips,

1. Hit up Clark Rubber and find a rubber cap for the hose connection to keep the rubbish out.

2. Once it's connected to the battery, the rocker switch will constantly illuminate. You'll need to disconnect the wire from the switch. It'll still work, just without the lightning on the rocker switch. Unless you wire an on/off switch between the main switch and the battery.
        MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• 02-SR5
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2010
          • Toowoomba

No worries.

I've done the same thing a couple of times with my previous vehicles.
          MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2014
            • Wellington,New Zealand

if it were me i would be happier if the bent support was an angle for more rigidity.I like the method tho
            2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
            BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• mrbuttons
              • Jul 2013
              • Adelaide

This looks awesome will definitely give this a go. They are great compressors but take up a bit of room in the toolbox they come in.
              Cheers for the pics
              Will
              MY15 NX GLX White, ARB colour coded bullbar, GME TX3540S + TX6500S Handheld, Thumper dual battery, custom shelf + fridge slide, Rhino bars, ARB awning, Bilstein + Lovells HD suspension, Lightforce single row 20 inch light bar, Tyredog TPMS

Wish list : D697's ! + ARB Frontier Fuel Tank

Comment

• 02-SR5
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2010
                • Toowoomba

Originally posted by Chris.
                Is disconnecting the switch as simple as popping it out & removing the light wire from the back? The manual doesn't really show this.

EDIT: Just had a close look, the switch pops out with the wires connected to the rear, one of them will be for the light, just a matter of working out which is for the light & pulling out that wire.
                Yep👍

Comment

• fester
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Gympie Qld

Nice first attempt Chris, good to see someone thinking neat and using factory bolt locations.

However that aluminium doesn't look very thick in those pics especially the angle. I think it should have been a bit beefier and better triangulated. I don't think it would handle corrogations or rougher tracks very well. The aluminium rivets are also a bit light on. I would keep an eye on it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X