X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • boostboost
    • Jul 2016
    • Sydney

Has anyone done this on the NX with success ?

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by boostboost View Post

FROM A PREVIOUS REPLY TO THIS THREAD....

Ditto on the thanks to those who have have contributed to this and other threads on the EGR resistor mod.

I also went with the bullet connectors for easy removal but opted for a 4.7k resistor.

Finished up cutting the black/blue wire about 15 cm back from the plug then soldered an extension long enough to locate the bullet connectors between the air cleaner and the mudguard.

Then black taped the resistor plug in patch to the adjacent loom and it is very inconspicuous. __________________
      2016 NX Pajero GLX
      Prev..2002 NM petrol passed on to SIL
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• boostboost
        • Jul 2016
        • Sydney

Thanks Dicko.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bikeaddie
          • Mar 2016
          • Perth

Originally posted by cookie9 View Post
          The one thing I would strongly suggest is installing a switch to bypass the resistor for service. There is a good chance of something going wrong if your removing the resistor constantly even with bullet connectors.
          I have no idea what the ECU would do if it saw a cut cable, I wouldnt want to find out!

FWIW I happily paid for the old school SPV mod as they figured it out, built a bulletproof setup and as already mentioned less risk

cheers
          How do you install a bypass switch with this resistor mod please?
          2014 NW, Thumper Max Compressor, Rhino Roof Racks and Tracks, 2" lift Bilstein/Lovell's combo, Adventure Kings 2.5 x 2.5m Awning, 32" LED Lightbar, ProVent 200 Catch Can, EGR Resistor Mod.

Comment

• stricky
            • Nov 2014
            • Brisbane

My NW had a service last Thursday, according to the report they checked the EGR. I have a 4.7 resistor soldered into the black/ blue wire. It was not touched or looked at during the service as far as I can tell.
            NW VRX Did Auto 265/60/18, Bullbar, ARB Frontier tank, Bushskinz bash plates, Bilstein/Dobinson lift, Uniden 8080s, Dual Battery, air compressor, Kings 2.5 m awning, Waeco CFX 50, Abber tank

Comment

• Bikeaddie
              • Mar 2016
              • Perth

OK, so, I got impatient and went ahead with this resistor mod today. I did as another member on here suggest and soldered in bullet connections so the resistor can be taken out if it throws a code or when MM ever service it etc.....worked a treat, no codes thrown when i took it for a test drive. I don't have a scangauge or an engine data scan to plug in, so I don't know if its working or not. I used a 4.7k resistor on mine. I've attached some pics of my installation. Thanks for this forum and thread guys, heaps of info from very knowledgeable people.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Resistor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.2 KB
ID:	979750 Click image for larger version

Name:	EGR Wire1.jpg
Size:	146.5 KB
ID:	979751 Click image for larger version

Name:	EGR Wire2.jpg
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	979752Click image for larger version

Name:	Install Complete.jpg
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	979753
              2014 NW, Thumper Max Compressor, Rhino Roof Racks and Tracks, 2" lift Bilstein/Lovell's combo, Adventure Kings 2.5 x 2.5m Awning, 32" LED Lightbar, ProVent 200 Catch Can, EGR Resistor Mod.

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by stricky View Post
                My NW had a service last Thursday, according to the report they checked the EGR. I have a 4.7 resistor soldered into the black/ blue wire. It was not touched or looked at during the service as far as I can tell.
                The EGR is a DC motor driven by the ECU, with a position feedback potentiometer to confirm that it is moving to the correct position.

I expect all this can be checked via the MUT - command the EGR to drive to a particular position, and confirm the right feedback is received. The resistor mod doesn't affect operability of the EGR - it tricks the ECU into thinking conditions are such that the EGR isn't required / used.

If they had attempted to read the temperature from the MAF sensor they would've seen an erroneously low temperature. It would appear that the ECU never does a "sanity check" of its various temperature inputs.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Stoneman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Melbourne

I reckon it's a plus for the service shops, they no longer have to clean manifolds or diagnose problems with dirty manifolds

Win win! IMO
                  NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff

Comment

• psproule
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • Googong, NSW

Originally posted by boostboost View Post
                    Yes. Confirmed working with my Ultragauge. And I hid it inside the factory loom. Nothing to see here.
                    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• boostboost
                      • Jul 2016
                      • Sydney

I can also confirm it works on the NX with a Scangauge connected.
                      The resistor is soldered to the black/blue wire with a bypass switch/plug connected in parallel.

Comment

• fester
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Gympie Qld

Same here. Had the resistor mod, no bypass switch, in the Challenger for 3 years of servicing and several recall/warranty incidents and it was never an issue. Never disconnected it.

Comment

• Bikeaddie
                          • Mar 2016
                          • Perth

Originally posted by Bikeaddie View Post
                          I don't have a scangauge or an engine data scan to plug in, so I don't know if its working or not.
                          [ATTACH]35565[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]35566[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]35567[/ATTACH][ATTACH]35568[/ATTACH]
                          I had a mate with an engine scan tool and plugged it in today and the resistor mod is working....no codes so far....all in all a good result.

Comment

• hooliganatv
                            • Oct 2015
                            • uk

been having a nightmare with this,

fitted a resistor but managed to order the wrong one.

then ordered Metal Film 2W 4.7k Ohm Resistor from a well know store and fitted it. noticed improvement on the engine but on my torque pro app still getting a reading on the egr command. is it faulty resistor??

reading seem to be similar to when not fitted, 0% on hard acceleration, on tick over i'm still getting 60-80%

would this mean someone sent me the wrong one or it's faulty
                            Originally posted by Goodsy
                            How can you own a car of any kind and not modify it.

2007 SWB 3.2 DiD | 16" module steels with 265/75R16 STT |

Comment

• Seigried
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2016
                              • brisbane

If you haven't done so already. Check the resistor against a resistor chart to make sure it is the right one.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• fester
                                Valued Member
                                • Feb 2013
                                • Gympie Qld

Yeah, I'd be trying another one because nothing much else can really go wrong assuming you have actually cut the wire to solder the resistor inline.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X