• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loza
    • Apr 2010
    • Brisbane

Fox Wing Awning

Hi Guys,
    Has any body out there got one of these,if so, what do you think of it good or bad. Looking to get one,thought someone out there in cyber space must have one on their Paj. Haven't seen a thread for this.All replies welcome.
    Keep to the Left,
    CYA,
    Loza.
    02, NP, Paj,GLS, 3.2 DID,Auto,Nudge Bar,Narva Spotties,Rhino Roof rack with Alloy Tray,TJM Dual Battery,Firestone HP Air Bags, 2" Lift Lovells And Billys,E-Bay Snorkel,Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards,Uniden UHF,Diff Breathers, Homemade Rear fridge and drawer system, Gunyah Awning,Reverse Camera, Bridgestone D694LT's,Tow 23' Retreat Caravan.
  • Onslow
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Perth, Western Australia

Hi Loza,

We've had one for about 8 months now and find it really good. It's quick and easy to set up and has plenty of coverage. We have also got one side extension and will be buying another soon too as these can be used to add more shelter or cut out wind and rain. The Foxwing is easy to put on the roofrack and take off again - a one person job and about 5 mins.
    NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• Loza
      • Apr 2010
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Onslow View Post
      Hi Loza,

We've had one for about 8 months now and find it really good. It's quick and easy to set up and has plenty of coverage. We have also got one side extension and will be buying another soon too as these can be used to add more shelter or cut out wind and rain. The Foxwing is easy to put on the roofrack and take off again - a one person job and about 5 mins.
      Hi Onslow,
      Thanks for your reply, the Fox Wing looks to be a good awning, thanks for the info about the size and about how quick it is to put on/off the roofrack, which sometimes can be a problem.
      Keep to the Left,
      CYA,
      Loza
      02, NP, Paj,GLS, 3.2 DID,Auto,Nudge Bar,Narva Spotties,Rhino Roof rack with Alloy Tray,TJM Dual Battery,Firestone HP Air Bags, 2" Lift Lovells And Billys,E-Bay Snorkel,Bushskinz Intercooler and Sump Guards,Uniden UHF,Diff Breathers, Homemade Rear fridge and drawer system, Gunyah Awning,Reverse Camera, Bridgestone D694LT's,Tow 23' Retreat Caravan.

Comment

• mrbitchi
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Brisbane

And further to your other thread, the Oztent zips on to the side of the FoxWing.
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Loza
          • Apr 2010
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
          And further to your other thread, the Oztent zips on to the side of the FoxWing.
          Hi mrbitchi,
          Yes, that's what I'm thinking of doing is putting the Fox Wing and Oz tent together.Should be a great quick camping set up.Have you got the Fox wing as well as your RV-4??
          Keep to the Left,
          CYA,
          Loza

Comment

• mrbitchi
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Brisbane

Originally posted by Loza View Post
            Hi mrbitchi,
            Yes, that's what I'm thinking of doing is putting the Fox Wing and Oz tent together.Should be a great quick camping set up.Have you got the Fox wing as well as your RV-4??
            Keep to the Left,
            CYA,
            Loza
            No. I have a Polaris awning. Had it before the FW came on the market.
            Cheers, John.
            LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
            Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• amr75wcr
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2009
              • Sunny Coast

Hi Loza we have had one for about 18 months. They are easy set up and the coverage is great (just be careful in windy conditions, i was setting ours up a couple of months bach at Double Island point and a slight gust of wind came just after i hooked the strap and the foxwing ended up about 5 meters in the air until the pivot points snapped. Fortunatly Rhino replaced the broken parts under warranty). we have added some LED strip lights from trusty ebay takes the awaning to a whole new level at night.
              Attached Files
              04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

And a PB Challenger with a list if goodies getting as long as the Paj

Comment

• Onslow
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2007
                • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by amr75wcr View Post
                Hi Loza we have had one for about 18 months. They are easy set up and the coverage is great (just be careful in windy conditions, i was setting ours up a couple of months bach at Double Island point and a slight gust of wind came just after i hooked the strap and the foxwing ended up about 5 meters in the air until the pivot points snapped. Fortunatly Rhino replaced the broken parts under warranty). we have added some LED strip lights from trusty ebay takes the awaning to a whole new level at night.
                Those LED' look great. How did you fix them to the canvas, and do you take them off when you fold it up for travelling or just leave them in place?
                NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• amr75wcr
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • Sunny Coast

As i work in a dealership i replaced the double sided tape that comes on the strips with the 3m stuff used to hold badges onto vehicle bodies. I have a wire running out under the rear door wiring harness up the back pillar across inside the roof rack and there is a waterproof connector that i plug in before opening the awaning and hey presto instant light. i will post a night shot tomorrow night as the minister for finance & internal affairs has the paj at work tonight.
                  04 NP DID GLX ARB Steel Bullbar 2" ARB/King Springs, Billies, Warn Winch, Rhino Track Mount Racks, Rola Basket, Rallye 4000 HID, UHF, Reverse camera, Custom Console, Fridge Slide and Rear Door Table, DVD Screen, 40lt Engel, Dual Battery Sytem with Auto Isolator, Cargo Barrier, polaris gps, Sat Phone, BFG A/Ts, Foxwing awning, ARB Locker, Bush Skinz sliders $ inter plate, 3" exhaust chip, custom bar & twin tyres

Comment

• Loza
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Brisbane

As i work in a dealership i replaced the double sided tape that comes on the strips with the 3m stuff used to hold badges onto vehicle bodies. I have a wire running out under the rear door wiring harness up the back pillar across inside the roof rack and there is a waterproof connector that i plug in before opening the awaning and hey presto instant light. i will post a night shot tomorrow night as the minister for finance & internal affairs has the paj at work tonight.
                    Hi amr75wcr, Thanks for your info, Onslow is right, looks tricky with the Led's can't wait to see night pic's,well set up good on ya.I'm waiting for the Caravan and Camping show at the Ekka on the long weekend to see if there is any bargins there for the Fox Wing and Oz tent. But I was wanting to make sure that their a good product before I purchased them.This forum is great for that.
                    Keep to the Left,
                    CYA,
                    Loza.

Comment

• amr75wcr
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • Sunny Coast

Loza what day are you going the show where heading down monday morning.

Rhino should have them for around $900.00 as they did last year for the awaning, im not a fan of the tent i watched a guy pack his a few weeks ago and its hard work to get it in the bag(just my opinion)

Comment

• Loza
                        • Apr 2010
                        • Brisbane

Loza what day are you going the show where heading down monday morning.

Rhino should have them for around $900.00 as they did last year for the awaning, im not a fan of the tent i watched a guy pack his a few weeks ago and its hard work to get it in the bag(just my opinion)
                        Hi amr75wcr,I'm not sure at this stage when were going,looking at Sunday.I'll have to ask if there is an easy way to fold it up into the bag,besides the squash method.
                        Keep to the Left,
                        CYA,
                        Loza.

Comment

• amr75wcr
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • Sunny Coast

The best way i found roll it tight against the windows that way the poles will fit in the bag as well.

Comment

• mrbitchi
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Brisbane

Getting the tent in the bag is simply a metter of technique. Roll the tent as tight as practical then put the bag OVER the tent. Don't try to lift the tent into the bag. Flip the whole lot over, slip in the pegs and do up the zip.

Put a longer pull string on the zip. The factory one is too short to get a decent grip on.

I carry the poles seperately in the Rhino tray. I't easier than fighting to get them back in the bag.
                            Cheers, John.
                            LC200 V8 goodness

Comment

• amr75wcr
                              Valued Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • Sunny Coast

The pics of the LEDS in the dark, unfortunately the camera makes the lights look blue but they are white. The first pic is the waterproof plug mounted to the cross bar.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X