• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by JohnFromPerth View Post
    Not if you have a smash and the police impound the vehicle before you can remove the evidence.

My guess is 50 to 75% of vehicles on the road wouldn't pass a roadworthy and that makes them illegal to be on the road.

How many vehicles do you see with one or no tail lights, the same with brake lights, one headlight, headlights with one way out of focus blinding you, shot tyres and don't forget the oil leaks. Check out you local shopping centre car park for oil stains.

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by marlin1856 View Post
      Does the same apply for the idrive?

If I was in a crash and the coppers took my vehicle away (they would only do this if a death occurred) I do not think for one second that they would even notice the egr setup and even if they did there would be absolutely no way this could contribute to a vehicular accident.
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by ridges View Post
        So essentially this should replace an oil catch can setup?

Most people use it in conjunction with a catch can....anything to prevent the soot and gunk blocking manifold and allowing cleaner oil to circulate through the engine.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Xl76
          • Mar 2017
          • Perth

No it dosnt replace the catch can

Comment

• turbopsi
            • Mar 2012
            • Melbourne

Thanks. Thinking about getting one now.

Comment

• Loady1
              • Aug 2016
              • Queensland

Just completed 8000k trip to NT and back with no issues. Averaged 11 litres/100 towing a 1200kg Avan at 100kmh. Catch can caught a lot of oil though.
              Late 2016 PS 5 seat. Bridgestone ATRs, Kings KCRS-23, KCFS-55, Bilsteins , PROVENT 200, Safari snorkel, bash plates.
              Hayman Reese towbar. Tow pro elite.

Comment

• DID Dash
                • Aug 2016
                • Australia

Thats nice fuel economy Loady1. Looking forward to trying my new PS with 1400 kg camper soon.
                17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• Greg Grey Grumbly
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Brisbane, Southside

Munjii Fitted

Received the Munjii EGR delete loom last week. Fitting is straight plug and play in under five minutes with a three minute tea break.

It seems to have removed that annoying little turbo lag when accelerating from a stop. I'm probably sensitive to this issue as I had blocked the NT EGR and was used to no lag at all. I haven't fitted a catch can as for the moment I can't see that crankcase mist is going to do any damage without exhaust gas.

The second thing to notice is - nothing, the car drives well and achieveing great fuel consumption, after a trip to Coffs Harbour from Brisbane and back, I've seen 6.3 L/100km on the readout. I know this is only indicative but a check of the numbers supports it coming out at 6.9 L/100km. Yes all highway driving.
                  Greg Grey Grumbly

2018 QE Pajero Sport GLS, Factory Accessories: Alloy Bull Bar, Tow Bar, Underbody Protection, Aftermarket: Uniden CB, Redarc Electric Brake Controller, Bushman Cooler, Rhino Roof Bars; Full Tint, OCAM Extendable Tow Mirrors, Fridge Tie Down Racks, Kickass Battery Box with Projecta DC DC charger, King KCRS-23 with the Peddars 5899 bump stops, Almac Boat Loader, Almac Outboard Slide, Provent catch can, More to come
                  Tows a 2015 Billabong Grove 186

Comment

• marlin1856
                    • Apr 2013
                    • Melbourne

Yep this little plug in device gave me 6.8 average on our trip to NT Ayers rock last month with exception to the shit fuel at Coober Pede.
                    Coupled with the idrive the Paj ran like a dream....
                    Just shy of 8000klms
                    $752 in Diesel
                    Very happy
                    Dont delay, get yourselves an EGR delete and if funds allow an idrive also, in my opinion 2 of the easiest and cheapest mods availible for the PS that really do work.
                    2016 Pajero Sport Exceed Titanium

Comment

• drof
                      • Sep 2010
                      • South Australia

Has anyone with one of these on the Pajero Sport noticed anything different when turning the engine off? There's a number of posts on Triton/Pajero threads about slightly jerky shut down (over run).

Also, keen to know how or why these could be effecting fuel economy? Can't see any reason why there would be a material improvement in fuel economy?

There are also a number of alternatives (chiptuning, crispmods, SPV Industries etc). Anyone tried the competitors?

Cheers, Drof

Comment

• marlin1856
                        • Apr 2013
                        • Melbourne

My EGR cable cost $54 delivered off Ebay and works a treat, the numbers dont lie, the only side effect I found is the engine seems noticeably louder inside the car, more diesely of thats even a word
                        2016 Pajero Sport Exceed Titanium

Comment

• johndavis125262
                          • Apr 2013
                          • brisbane

Originally posted by drof View Post
                          Has anyone with one of these on the Pajero Sport noticed anything different when turning the engine off? There's a number of posts on Triton/Pajero threads about slightly jerky shut down (over run).

Also, keen to know how or why these could be effecting fuel economy? Can't see any reason why there would be a material improvement in fuel economy?

There are also a number of alternatives (chiptuning, crispmods, SPV Industries etc). Anyone tried the competitors?

Cheers, Drof
                          maybe she sucking clean air instead of oily vapour ??ive had mine resitor mod in since 2014 regards john

Comment

• adamtuba
                            • Jun 2016
                            • Brisbane

Any actual difference between the $129 Munji and the much cheaper Ebay alternatives? Any reason not to get an Ebay one?

Comment

• Ian H
                              Valued Member
                              • May 2015
                              • Melbourne

It works out to $20 cheaper, which isn't a lot but they do look like a professional job. It's just a resistor with a plug at either end anyway and they have them for lots of different cars. I like the way the seller provides his mobile number, which would make them seem more legitimate.

2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• adamtuba
                                • Jun 2016
                                • Brisbane

What about this for $71? Considering the part, like you said, is basically just a transistor I can't seem to find a reason to spend $60 more

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X