• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dark13one
    • Mar 2018
    • Australia

How to fit Roof rack

We bought late last year a 2010 Pajero, we found a OCAM flat rack we like but they apparently arnt suitable for our vechicle as we have never had roof rails up there so apparently the mounting wont work or some such .... on the roof there is 1 channel on each side with 3 clip/tabs on each side in the for mentioned channel ... is there some way we can mount a flat tray rack up there without using the factory roof rails
  • tonee
    • Jun 2019
    • Queensland

Try this video

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Dark13one
      • Mar 2018
      • Australia

Yep weve looked at that and contacted OCAM about buying one but have been told what they have wont suit us as weve never had the roof rails on the car

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

What model is it I thought it was standard to have roof rails?
        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Dark13one
          • Mar 2018
          • Australia

Not sure ... its the end off 2010 start 2011 ... auto diesel ... think posibly the base model ...

Comment

• Scrambler
            • Jul 2018
            • Toowoomba, Qld

Dark13one, if there are no nuts to bolt into you will need to install some. My old SWB Gen 2 had some aftermarket bolts installed into the roof. It looks and feels a lot less secure than factory. I don't know the best system. Good luck!
            =-( Sadly bought back: 99 NL Shortie. In a-peeling blue
            =-) Happily replaced by: 98 NL LWB Diesel

Comment

• Dark13one
              • Mar 2018
              • Australia

Originally posted by Scrambler View Post
              Dark13one, if there are no nuts to bolt into you will need to install some. My old SWB Gen 2 had some aftermarket bolts installed into the roof. It looks and feels a lot less secure than factory. I don't know the best system. Good luck!
              Thanks, i was afraid it was something like that ..... we just have 3 tabs in each channel under the black rubber strip that ive seen

Comment

• DanMelSA
                • Jan 2009

Sure is, ring someone like
                Upgrade your vehicles storage with our range of roof racks. With styles to suit any vehicle and a variety of brands, your storage needs are sorted. Shop now.

they mount mounting rails and reseal those strips you are talking about...you will get the most secure and heaviest load rating.
                Just dearer.

Mounts any of the popular platform styles rack

Comment

• Dark13one
                  • Mar 2018
                  • Australia

Thanks all .... now we have an idea what we need to do ....

Comment

• bgibo
                    • Oct 2012
                    • melb

I had rhino rack tracks installed - works fine I carry a roof top tiny

Comment

• Jack Strat
                      • Oct 2019
                      • TORQUAY

Fitting track system for Roof Platform

Firstly how did yo go with your install?

I was seeking a bit of advice regarding installation of a new roof platform for my 2010 NT Pajero.
                      When I bought the car it came with the clamp on roof bars and as many of you will know this is not going to cut it for any serious 4WD adventures.

I am looking at purchasing the Rhino Rack Pioneer series platform as has been discussed in previous posts, my vehicle doesn't come with the factory roof bars (just the gutter tracks are in place.)
                      Looking at the instructions to complete this process it does not sound straightforward, the roof lining has to be removed and drilling holes in the roof seems paved with danger?

I just spoke with the guys at ARB and they said go for the track system rather then the backbone.
                      Has anyone successfully home fitted the track system?

Any tips or tricks for success?

thanks in advance

Comment

• Dark13one
                        • Mar 2018
                        • Australia

Originally posted by Jack Strat View Post
                        Firstly how did yo go with your install?

I was seeking a bit of advice regarding installation of a new roof platform for my 2010 NT Pajero.
                        When I bought the car it came with the clamp on roof bars and as many of you will know this is not going to cut it for any serious 4WD adventures.

I am looking at purchasing the Rhino Rack Pioneer series platform as has been discussed in previous posts, my vehicle doesn't come with the factory roof bars (just the gutter tracks are in place.)
                        Looking at the instructions to complete this process it does not sound straightforward, the roof lining has to be removed and drilling holes in the roof seems paved with danger?

I just spoke with the guys at ARB and they said go for the track system rather then the backbone.
                        Has anyone successfully home fitted the track system?

Any tips or tricks for success?

thanks in advance
                        Hi Jack ..... not done anything atm .... the whole covid thing has put things on hold as we are looking at having to spend for us a decent chunk off coin to get something up there its all on hold ....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X