• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sparks2285
    • Apr 2014
    • Newcastle, NSW

Fridge install without drawers

Just wondering how people install fridges in the rear of there pajeros that don't have rear drawers or a fridge slide ? Not really keen of putting it right in the middle of the rear cargo area as it would the rear an un-usable area. The size fridge I'm getting at this stage is a 40L engel
    2012 NW Platinum Pearl White DiD Auto
    GME TX3500 UHF, RHINO roof racks and rhino platform, Kings awning, black canvas seat covers, tekonsha voyager brake controller, DVD headrests, 50 x 50 tow package, spare wheel lifter, MMA nudge bar, 55w HID spotties, couplertec rust protection, Dual batteries, Engel 40L, LED lighting upgrade, 2inch lift (300kg on the tow ball), Air bags in the rear.

In Tow when on holidays....
    2018 Jayco 19.61-3 Journey Outback using Eaz-Lift weight distribution hitch.
  • BrisVegas
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • Townsville, QLD

I made a new floor out of ply and carpeted it, using the 3rd row seat well cover as a template. I made it long enough that it covered the child seat anchor points and cut notches in the ply to access those. I used the centre anchor point to secure the floor at the front and used turnbuckles onto the rear load points to hold it down there. I use a 40l engel on an Engel slide on the p/s and cut a hatch on the d/s to access my tools, jack and battery, which I've put in there. There are pics in my Shrek thread. http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...t=16927&page=5 and the page prior.
    'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• wanderay
      • Feb 2012
      • Richmond NSW

Originally posted by sparks2285 View Post
      Just wondering how people install fridges in the rear of there pajeros that don't have rear drawers or a fridge slide ? Not really keen of putting it right in the middle of the rear cargo area as it would the rear an un-usable area. The size fridge I'm getting at this stage is a 40L engel
      here is my setup;

Has been working well for many trips, including Cape York in Sept.

Ray
      NT Pajero (white), Smartbar, Warn winch, LightForce Lights, Safari snorkel, Provent 200, Lovells MD with Aussie Ryder shocks, Optima main and Renogy lithium aux battery and 300w solar on roof with Victron 100/20 reg, Tvan Sport campertrailer.

Comment

• Fritterbug
        Valued Member
        • May 2013
        • Brisbane

I haven't done this yet however I have a plan and have laid out most of the bits.

I am making up a frame from angle steel that goes around the base of the fridge (32L Engel).
        The fridge will be held to this either bolted through the feet or just using turnbuckles.
        I will also bolt a piece of RHS to the middle and driver side child seat anchor points. Then I will hinge the fridge frame off the RHS.

This allows the fridge to be lifted using its own handle to access the underfloor storage. The fridge is surprisingly light when lifting it like this.

To attach the front of the fridge to the floor I will either strap it to the nearby tie down or bolt it to that point using threaded rod and a wing nut for easy lifting.

Hopefully will do it before Christmas.
        MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• sparks2285
          • Apr 2014
          • Newcastle, NSW

Originally posted by Fritterbug View Post
          I haven't done this yet however I have a plan and have laid out most of the bits.

I am making up a frame from angle steel that goes around the base of the fridge (32L Engel).
          The fridge will be held to this either bolted through the feet or just using turnbuckles.
          I will also bolt a piece of RHS to the middle and driver side child seat anchor points. Then I will hinge the fridge frame off the RHS.

This allows the fridge to be lifted using its own handle to access the underfloor storage. The fridge is surprisingly light when lifting it like this.

To attach the front of the fridge to the floor I will either strap it to the nearby tie down or bolt it to that point using threaded rod and a wing nut for easy lifting.

Hopefully will do it before Christmas.
          I'm keen to see this setup Fritterbug, thinking along your line of install where it's nothing to drastic ( no offense intended) yet does the job.
          GME TX3500 UHF, RHINO roof racks and rhino platform, Kings awning, black canvas seat covers, tekonsha voyager brake controller, DVD headrests, 50 x 50 tow package, spare wheel lifter, MMA nudge bar, 55w HID spotties, couplertec rust protection, Dual batteries, Engel 40L, LED lighting upgrade, 2inch lift (300kg on the tow ball), Air bags in the rear.

Comment

• sparks2285
            • Apr 2014
            • Newcastle, NSW

Below is a pic of how I installed my engel 40L fridge with out installing a platform or fridge slide. I purchased a kit of eBay that contained 4 straps, 4 engel fridge brackets and 4 anchor points complete with a plastic cup they sit in (which I didn't use).

Installed two anchor points at the rear of the boot into the removable section that used to access the third row seats with a bolt nylock nut and for the anchor points behind the second row I used the factory anchor point located behind the drivers side passenger seat and the other anchor point I installed a fixing point using a pop nut gun (similar to a rivet gun but inserts threads, handy to have I have found IMO).
            As we have the boot liner in the rear once all these points where installed I cut out the liner to suit these anchor points to facilitate the removal of the boot liner when needed.

I went for this type of install as we still want to keep the third row seats and if need to use them is easy to do and no tools are required to remove the fridge and does not hinder the use or functionality of the third row seats.

Placing the fridge on the drivers side is easy to get to and functional even for my wife who is 7months pregnant. Another deciding factor the drivers side is that when the second one comes along that we can easily enough get to the child restraint anchor point and also getting the pram will be easier to get in and out on the passengers side
            Attached Files

Comment

• D WIzzle
              • Feb 2020
              • australia

Hi Sparks,

Nice and simple. Do you have any pictures of your setup without the rubber boot liner in there so I can see how you attached it down.

Thanks

Comment

• True_blue
                • Oct 2020
                • AU Sydney

Originally posted by D WIzzle View Post
                Hi Sparks,

Nice and simple. Do you have any pictures of your setup without the rubber boot liner in there so I can see how you attached it down.

Thanks
                Hi there just needed some advice on installing my fridge slide in my nw floor have single draw set up, not many secure points.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Comment

• KPJero
                  • May 2019
                  • QLD

You could also possibly place the fridge behind the driver side 2nd row seat with those seats folded forward and access the fridge from the driver side passenger door

Comment

• True_blue
                    • Oct 2020
                    • AU Sydney

Originally posted by KPJero View Post
                    You could also possibly place the fridge behind the driver side 2nd row seat with those seats folded forward and access the fridge from the driver side passenger door
                    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X