• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marco888
    • Jun 2016
    • nsw

17 inch Tyre question on 265/70/17

Hi All

Could anyone have 265/70/17 on can advise if any problem to the spare? I saw someone has to do some mod on the carrier but he is with factory wheel lifter,mine is just stock,no wheel lifter. I have done a bit messurement, main concern is the driver side carrier hinges, it has about 13-15mm gap to the stock 265/60/18 Bridgestone HT840, for the top one, I don’t really worry about that, I can take the top cover plastic off and trim a bit.

Forgot to mention, I am keen to get TOYO AT2.

Many thanks!
    MY16 GLS PAJERO-NON-DPF-MODEL

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Enjoy driving Enjoy touring Enjoy your life...
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by marco888 View Post
    Hi All

Could anyone have 265/70/17 on can advise if any problem to the spare? I saw someone has to do some mod on the carrier but he is with factory wheel lifter,mine is just stock,no wheel lifter. I have done a bit messurement, main concern is the driver side carrier hinges, it has about 13-15mm gap to the stock 265/60/18 Bridgestone HT840, for the top one, I don’t really worry about that, I can take the top cover plastic off and trim a bit.

Forgot to mention, I am keen to get TOYO AT2.

Many thanks!
    A LT265/70R17 is in theory only 26.5mm larger is diameter than a P265/60R18, however the tread width on the LT is likely to be wider than the P rated HT. The Toyo OPAT 11 is not a particularly wide treaded tyre so minimal cutting would be required compared to a wider treaded tyre like Cooper ST Maxx, Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 and Kumho MT51.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• marco888
      • Jun 2016
      • nsw

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
      A LT265/70R17 is in theory only 26.5mm larger is diameter than a P265/60R18, however the tread width on the LT is likely to be wider than the P rated HT. The Toyo OPAT 11 is not a particularly wide treaded tyre so minimal cutting would be required compared to a wider treaded tyre like Cooper ST Maxx, Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 and Kumho MT51.

OJ.
      Hi OJ

thank you for your advise.

I believe they surely not like the Cooper and ATZ, they are much more aggressive and with deeper tread.

I am trying to search forum for the tyre or spare mod thread , it just take time......

Safari snorkel, Nudge bar, Narva driving lights, SPVi unit, TP XP 3'' exhaust, P200 catch can, KN filter, OME 2'' lift, Rola roof racks, 2*2.5 awning,UNIDEN UFH9000, BOOS BASH PLATE 3 set,17'' factory Alloy, wrapped with OPATII,

Comment

• eci_thump
        • Apr 2010
        • Karratha, WA

I've got LT265/70/17 pirellis on with no spare wheel lift and no issues with the rear cover touching. Although now I can't open the rear door with anything hooked on so will have to do something about that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
        2011 NT Pajero RX2 DiD

ARB Commercial bullbar, 22" LED light bar, Black Duck seat covers, Rhino roof rack, Bushskinz, 2" lift, Tough dog front, King Springs rear, Bridgestone Dueler D697

Comment

• marco888
          • Jun 2016
          • nsw

Originally posted by eci_thump View Post
          I've got LT265/70/17 pirellis on with no spare wheel lift and no issues with the rear cover touching. Although now I can't open the rear door with anything hooked on so will have to do something about that.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
          Hi Mate

this is a good news to me.

the TOYO AT2 has about 12.7 tread depth, not sure what is on your ATR, assuming they are similar then it should not be any problem to fit them on.

cheers

Comment

• womble
            • Apr 2012
            • Adelaide

I Have a set of Kuhmo KL71's and there isn't a problem fitting them. It's close though
            2016 NX GLX Pajero, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, Lightforce DL230HTX, D697's, EGR Plug and Play and The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift

Comment

• marco888
              • Jun 2016
              • nsw

Originally posted by womble View Post
              I Have a set of Kuhmo KL71's and there isn't a problem fitting them. It's close though
              hi mate

do you mean fitting them on the wheel or spare wheel carrier?

cheers

Comment

• Hatto
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2013
                • Mandurah WA

I have 265/70R17 General grabber AT2 on with I think 12.5mm tread depth. I have NO spare wheel lift and the spare fits inside the swing out cover with at least 7mm. Bear in mind my model has no top cover over the top of the spare, just the swing out cover.
                Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• womble
                  • Apr 2012
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by marco888 View Post
                  hi mate

do you mean fitting them on the wheel or spare wheel carrier?

cheers
                  I meant on the spare wheel carrier
                  2016 NX GLX Pajero, ARB Bar, Safari Snorkel, Lightforce DL230HTX, D697's, EGR Plug and Play and The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift

Comment

• marco888
                    • Jun 2016
                    • nsw

Originally posted by womble View Post
                    I meant on the spare wheel carrier
                    thank you!

enough support now.

I spent one hour search forum and found another owner fit 285/65/18 at the back with top plastic cover taken off.

think I am safe now.

Comment

• Maccaman194
                      • Feb 2009
                      • Maitland NSW

NX with top spare wheel cover265x70x17

Hi all
                      Can anyone with 265x70x17 tyres on a late model advise whether I can fit that tyre into the spare wheel carrier with the plastic top part still on, or does it have to come off. Seems I might get away with it but only by removing a bit of the plastic rib inside the cover. But it is going to be tight and maybe impossible.
                      In general, are there any other issues running the bigger size tyres on the NX?
                      I had an NS, got 17" from the dealer when I bought it, and upped the size to 70 series so I could go LT - not many 17x65 LTs were available in 2007. I had to cut away some of the front inside guard because the tyre tread edge hit it on 3/4 lock.
                      Is a similar mod needed on the NX?
                      I intend putting the brand new 18" rims with their 265x60x18s on the NS Paj and selling with those on it, keeping my 17" rims for the NX. Goes on sale shortly when I finish taking off most of the aftermarket stuff.
                      I would prefer stay with the same size tyres if I can, because I now have a fair array of used tyres that are good for extras when doing the outback stuff.
                      As an aside, the Mickey Thomson STZ are the noisiest tyre I ever owned. Almost unbearable from 30,000kms from 70 - 90km/hr in particular. I complained and the Tyrepower guy agreed, but MT never upheld a replacement claim. They didn't last long on the market - maybe that's why.
                      Please help me with my question about the mods need on my new NX
                      thanks
                      2017 NX Pajero. Lovells Bilsteins, other stuff

Comment

• TheRaven_au
                        • Jan 2015
                        • Diamond Creek

2015 NX running LT265/70 R17 Maxxis 980's

No problem with spare and I have made no modifications (no spare wheel lift)

Good idea putting the 17" on the new rig as there are a lot more tyres to choose from in that size.

I had 17" rims as one of my must-have's when I was looking at buying.

Comment

• pauld
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • Melbourne

I gave D697 in LT265/65/17, with spare wheel lift, top cover removed and some trimming done - barely fits.
                          2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• Vicbitter
                            • May 2016
                            • Melbourne

I've got a 2015 Nx, and looking at getting steel 17" wheels.
                            The manual says 17x7 and 18x7, but on the website states 18.7.5?
                            Im confused, which one is right?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X