• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeChallenged
    • Jan 2015
    • Melbourne

Pb challenger rear diff lock issues?

Hi guys,
    Has anyone had any issues with their rear diff lock light blinking for ages and not holding in solid?
    PB Challenger LS 2009 (White), Auto, Factory Rear Diff Lock, Opposite Lock Post Bar with led driving lights, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Tjm Airtec Snorkle, Boo's Bash Plates Underbody Protection, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs 265/75/16's on ROH Black Traks.
  • Drjohn11
    • Sep 2011
    • Melbourne

Yes had same problem and the stealers found that the vacuum line had come off
    NX GLS MY15 Pajero 265 265 17 BFG AT KO2 Bilsteins & Lovells, ARB Bar Airtec Snorkel Runva XP11 Full BushSkinz Underbody Protection and RockSliders, Donaldson Filter, LRA Tank, Icom 450N 75W HID Spots & Lightbar Drifta Drawers MSA Fridge Slide Engel Fridge 110AH Lithium Battery 65L Water Tank Paddle & Lockup-Mate Kimberley Kamper
    NL 1999 Pajero 3.5L Cargo Barrier UHF Roof Rack. Dual Battery Engel Fridge No Airbags

Comment

• Tone13
      • May 2014
      • Victoria

I too had this issue. dealer sent the diff away to have the bladder replaced.....still didnt work. They then replaced the compressor (from memory) and it works fine now. Was a long drawn out process.......
      2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, OzTec Outback Shocks with Kings Springs (+50mm), Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.

Comment

• Toddyh
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Lalor Park, NSW

As above first thing to check is the vacuum lines.
        Have you tried crawling forward (or backwards) in a straight line to get it to engage? I often have to do this to engage or disengage it. especially if I've had to turn a corner with the locker engaged.
        2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• BeChallenged
          • Jan 2015
          • Melbourne

It has been temperamental was out over the weekend worked ok for half the day then the light seemed to wanna just flash for the rest of the day. Got it back into the shed to have a look and its seemed to wanna work good. Checked the hoses they seemed to be all attached ok. I then gave the car a clean out and thought I'd see if it would work ok and it didn't wanna stop flashing at all. I tried all the things suggested in the manual as well.
          PB Challenger LS 2009 (White), Auto, Factory Rear Diff Lock, Opposite Lock Post Bar with led driving lights, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Tjm Airtec Snorkle, Boo's Bash Plates Underbody Protection, Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs 265/75/16's on ROH Black Traks.

Comment

• Toddyh
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2013
            • Lalor Park, NSW

Did you try driving slowly forwards or backwards?

And just to get the obvious stuff out of the way, you made sure you have it in 4L?
            Going slow enough (I can't remember the actual speed at which it won't lock)?
            2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• BeChallenged
              • Jan 2015
              • Melbourne

Yep tried all that forwards backwards, zig zag the wheel. I think the speed is 6km/h

Comment

• Turtleman
                • Aug 2012
                • Perth

Check the tubes for blockages at the ends that need to breath could be mub/crud they have the white cap on them

Comment

• wfc100
                  • Mar 2013
                  • Perth

Wfc100

I had a problem and apparently someone had put a hose on the wrong way round. Something to do with the vacuum.

Regards
                  Pajero NX GLX Auto 2019, rear Boos bumper protector. Dual yellow top battery.

Comment

• BeChallenged
                    • Jan 2015
                    • Melbourne

Just got back inside from the shed and the light seemed to be holding on solid now

Comment

• PeePee
                      Valued Member
                      • Oct 2012
                      • Brisbane

I dont engage mine very often, but when i di it seems to take a while to stop flashing. Seems to think about it for a while with either engaging or disengaging.
                      MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• PC Challenger
                        • May 2014
                        • Earth

Mine wont engage while stationary!. Move about 5m and shes good!
                        Stock PC Challenger

Comment

• BeChallenged
                          • Jan 2015
                          • Melbourne

Next time its in for a service might get them to have a look and make sure its all engaging properly

Comment

• littleriver
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Queensland

Originally posted by Toddyh View Post
                            Did you try driving slowly forwards or backwards?

And just to get the obvious stuff out of the way, you made sure you have it in 4L?
                            Going slow enough (I can't remember the actual speed at which it won't lock)?
                            rear diff lock it can be activated in both 4Hlc and 4Llc, see page 4-38 of owners manual.
                            Also from memory speed must be below 12kph for diff lock engagement

Quoted by OJ

I also have to reverse a few meters for it to disengage

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Tone13
                              • May 2014
                              • Victoria

Having had mine fixed a few months back, I went out again this morning for a play in my local steep and rocky pine forest and used it numerous times. The first time, I was in 4Llc and stationary and it took about 5-10 seconds to engage. After that, each time I engaged the diff lock it was locked almost instantly. Unlocking happened almost instantly as well.
                              2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, OzTec Outback Shocks with Kings Springs (+50mm), Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X