• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brissyguy
    • Apr 2012
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dude View Post
    Not sure if the changes to the NW i.e. plastic parts, is due to cost cutting entirely.

Could it be to reduce the weight of the vehicle to pass emmissions standards?

The NW also has an aluminium bonnet and roof too, I would have thought steel would be cheaper?

dude.
    They did aluminium oof and bonnet in NS. I was told it was to help lower the weight and lower center of gravity to improve the ASC control

Also the NS has metal tie downs in some early ones like mine. Try wreckers might be lucky
    Mazda BT 50, dual cab, silver, 60 ltr fridge freezr, UHF , bullbar, sports bar

More to come as can afford it

Retired the old NS

Comment

• likatiger
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2008
      • WAMBERAL NSW

That is interesting about the roof and bonnet, does that mean it is not as strong, do we have to be more careful when leaning on it etc.

I ask this as one of my sons had (recently sold) a Nissan GTR sports thingy and he accidentally put a couple of dents in the aluminium front guard when he was leaning on it to gain leverage to undo a bolt or something.

Just food for thought.

Larry
      NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• Dude
        • Sep 2011
        • Victoria Point

Have you dented it yet?

I still use gloves to touch mine. (the car that is).

Range rovers etc are all ally I think. I'd say they won't have made it too feeble.

Also good to see the NT was Ally. I was concerned about having a new style of manufacture but it seems to have had a couple of years run without issues.

dude.

Comment

• Dude
          • Sep 2011
          • Victoria Point

Originally posted by Bretski View Post
          I did not know that... My paj is like a supercars koool
          Bretski, you Paj IS a super-car

Comment

• Paj People 2009
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Sunny Gold Coast, QLD

..................It also means you can't push it shut, but have to drop it from a height....another thing I don't like about the new Paj's, compared to the older ones!
            SOLD 2009 NT PAJERO PLATINUM & 2015 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575

Comment

• achjimmy
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2009
              • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by Paj People 2009 View Post
              ..................It also means you can't push it shut, but have to drop it from a height....another thing I don't like about the new Paj's, compared to the older ones!

Actually Sally you should never push a bonnet closed even on older cars you will eventually cause a mark. Panel beaters will all ways show you 5-6" out you drop it. Jag XJ6 ( reverse bonett) you had slam them from a fair distance but never push them!

Are you sure the roof is alloy on the NT?
              Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
              MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
              99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X