• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fargowells
    • Apr 2012
    • Mannum

Lightforce Spotlight Switch

I am currently purchasing a set of Lightforce 35w HID spotlights for my NW Pajero and am seeking advice on the most suitable and easiest dashboard location for the switch. Further, should I purchase the Lightforce Wiring Loom or is there a better version available. Does anyone know if MIT supply their own loom for fitting spotlights.

All recommendations and suggestions appreciated.

thanks, Fargo..........
  • likatiger
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2008
    • WAMBERAL NSW

Fargo,

My NW has two blanked off switches next to the ATC/ASC switch, would that not be suitable location?

Larry
    NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• johnhgh
      • Feb 2010
      • Brisbane

As above, I used one of the blanks next to the ASC switch, and also used the Lightforce loom, it's a good quality set.

John
      2010 NT Diesel GL, TJM bull bar, Ox 9500lb winch, Airtec snorkel, Kings springs & XGS shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, TJM underbody guards, cargo barrier, dual batterys, UHF, LRA fuel tank, Prorack roof bars, Lightforce Genesis lights.
      1997 NK Petrol GLS with way too many accessories

Comment

• scarecrow73
        Valued Member
        • Oct 2008
        • Sheidow Park SA

Use the Lightforce loom as Mitsi don't/won't make a cable for spotlights. As suggested use any of the spare blanks either near the steering wheel or centre console. I'm looking at getting an ARB style rocker switch for my spotties when they go in. Check eBay as there are some cheap ones on there.
        SOLD!!! 2007 NS GLX DiD - Alloy Bar, BFG ATR's, OL Police Spec battery tray, MM Cargo Barrier, Projecta Dual Battery Isolator, Airtech snorkel, Electronic Brake Controller, Ultragauge EM, Stebel Air Horn, overhead console with Uniden UHF, GoPro Hero 2

2011 Sar Major Off Road Camper Trailer
        2011 VW Golf 118 TSI (DSG grrrrrr )

Comment

• fargowells
          • Apr 2012
          • Mannum

Lightforce Spotlight Switch

Thanks for that, will get the Lightforce Loom. I will use one of the blanks as suggested. Re fitting, as I haven't done this before I presume you just mount the switch over the blank.

Thanks again for the assistance, Fargo.....

Comment

• achjimmy
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2009
            • Blue Mtns

Originally posted by fargowells View Post
            Thanks for that, will get the Lightforce Loom. I will use one of the blanks as suggested. Re fitting, as I haven't done this before I presume you just mount the switch over the blank.

Thanks again for the assistance, Fargo.....

Scroll down the page about halfway on my thread and you will see the Narva switch that almost fits the hole.

Travel safe

Jim

MY13 Landcrusier VX
            MY10 Pajero Platnium with bits now sold to Spiderpig.
            99 Rodeo TD dual cab.

Comment

• sharkcaver
              "2000"+ Valued Contributor
              • May 2009
              • Perth

I've been hearing a few issues with the ligh force loom of late. If its anything like my neighbour was supplied, I'd just wire it myself.

Shane.
              MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Letme
                • May 2012
                • Brisbane

Hey Fargowells, I just installed the XGT240 5WHIDS, and used the lightforce wiring loom.

For the switch I went to Supercheap auto and purchased a rocker switch, (cant remember which one).

I installed it beside the steering wheel column which has two spare points to use, (Next to the skid button), also to get these out, push from the driver seat to the engine and it will pop out. I had to file a small amount of the sides down to get the SCA switch to fit, but its a perfect fit now.

I have had no problems with the lights or harness, and they have racked up about 30 hours of use already.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X