• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rebelone607
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2009
    • Urunga NSW

My first post

Hi to everybody. I have been watching this site for a few weeks now and have just become a member. I am not new to 4wding being a 4wd instructor for my local S.E.S. Unit but I am new to Pajeros, my previus vehicle being a Nissan Terrano 2 which served me well but have now stepped up to a 2005 NP diesel auto. At this stage I am extremly pleased with the w*#@!r wagon. Have been wading through pages and pages of old threads (up to about page 30 ) and wow what a wealth of knowledge you blokes are. Have taken particular interest in articles regarding lift kits etc as I am getting a 2" Tough Dog kit fitted next Tuesday - can't wait. Decided on the dogs as they seemed to spec up ok plus have a friend who owns a servo and he got them at wholesale price for me - $890.00 the lot just got to get them fitted now, he has quoted me about $100 per corner, seems reasonable to me. In regardsto some of the old threads I have been reading and there are some I would like to reviset and make comment on in future posts if that is acceptable practice in this forum. Looking forward to being an active contributor to this site.
    Merv. 2011 Dmax LSU auto Auto. Canopy and tow pack, Al. bull bar and winch, cargo drawers, dual battery, canopy racks with support bars, tub liner, in dash nav system, t.p.m.s. Tough dog 45mm lift and upgrade, uhf, Long Ranger fuel tank, MAL Powerchip
    Other toys:19' Jayco Starcraft o/b caravan, 4.75 mtr Quintrex Bay Hunter boat. 3.7 mtr tinny

I plan on living forever - so far so good

Welcome to the forum. Make sure you read the threads about the top timing chain guide. A $25.00 part could save you an enormous amount of money.
    regards
    Lindsay

Comment

• nervis
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2009
      • Central West NSW

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase!

What TD shocks did you go with? the 40mm adjustable foam cells?
      Mick: MY15 NX GLX Manual DID, SprintBooster, EGR blank, Redarc remote EBC on factory loom, GME UHF, TJM Snorkel.

Comment

• rebelone607
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2009
        • Urunga NSW

Originally posted by nervis View Post
        Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase!

What TD shocks did you go with? the 40mm adjustable foam cells?
        Thanks for the welcome. Have read pleanty of posts about the timing chain guide and have purchased the foam cell TDs as they could not supply the adjustables until next March and that would be to late for me as I plan on heading off to the Northern Territory for six weeks in April for a spot of Barra fishing on the Daley River and Dundee Beach and Corroberee Billabong and........ you get the idea. I tow a small off road caravan with an outboard motor, electric outboard, extra battery and two 20ltr jerry cans mounted on the drawbar plus a 3.7 mtr tinny on top of the mitsy hence the suspension upgrade. Just one question: when my friend fits the kit up next tuesday he will obviously have to do a wheel allignment (both ends I assume) are the settings the same as for the standard suspension?
        Merv. 2011 Dmax LSU auto Auto. Canopy and tow pack, Al. bull bar and winch, cargo drawers, dual battery, canopy racks with support bars, tub liner, in dash nav system, t.p.m.s. Tough dog 45mm lift and upgrade, uhf, Long Ranger fuel tank, MAL Powerchip
        Other toys:19' Jayco Starcraft o/b caravan, 4.75 mtr Quintrex Bay Hunter boat. 3.7 mtr tinny

I plan on living forever - so far so good

Comment

• likatiger
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2008
          • WAMBERAL NSW

Welcome, it sure is a wealth of knowledge here.
          NW Platinum MY 2012 DiD auto, Pearl White, Safari snorkel, full tint, all plastics, reverse sensors, H/D tow bar, spare wheel lift, full leather seats & trim, GME uhf, home built storage, dual battery, ARB Deluxe bar, Lovell HD springs with Ultimate shocks.

Comment

• icysyrup
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • USA

Welcome to the board. Glad to have another paj owner who is enjoying his paj.
            03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X