• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Sharkcaver's shitty tag along tours

Took a group of 4 others on the inaugural sharkcaver's shitty tag along tours trip over the weekend for 4 days.

What a blast, albeit rather cool over night.

The aim was to knock off a couple of troublesome caches, find some unknown to me indigenous art with the scant information to go on I had, visit an inactive underground mine and tour some places of days gone past.

We achieved most of our aims.

As it turns out, it turned into a pulling the piss out of sharkcaver event, in the veign of russell coight and I'm expecting a vid production to be made from that.

As I'm away again in a few days, I will have to come back to the post to fill you all in.

But for now, some teaser pics:

1. Indigenous art I have previously found
    2. one of those troublesome caches
    3. fire has started
    4. an old station tank
    5. tough country even for veteran wildlife

PS. 1553rl - I saw your name in the book at Mt Jackson

PPS - did I mention the Wheatbelt and Yilgarn are awesome at this time of year?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sharkcaver; 18-06-20, 05:14 AM.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • sharkcaver
    • May 2009
    • Perth

and a couple more:

1. Old truck at a station bore
    2. Just made sunset at the summit of the Helena and Aurora's
    3. I found the artwork I was looking for
    4. A typical wheatbelt granite outcrop
    5. Visible gold found underground in a disused mine
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sharkcaver; 18-06-20, 05:27 AM.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• insect_eater
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Canberra

Nice photos and looks like a great trip - a good variety of places to explore.
      I hope they've all banded together and ordered you a bunch of shirts embroidered with the name of your new venture as per the post title.
      I'm sure it's exactly what they needed in these covid times, you merely gave them the opportunity to conjure up their own inner russell coight.
      If you're lucky, you can accidentally add a little Harry Butler to the repertoire, then you'll be set.
      Facebook Watch is the place to enjoy videos and shows together. Find the latest trending videos, discover original shows and checkout what's going on with your favorite creators.
      NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Originally posted by insect_eater View Post
        Nice photos and looks like a great trip - a good variety of places to explore.
        I hope they've all banded together and ordered you a bunch of shirts embroidered with the name of your new venture as per the post title.
        I'm sure it's exactly what they needed in these covid times, you merely gave them the opportunity to conjure up their own inner russell coight.
        If you're lucky, you can accidentally add a little Harry Butler to the repertoire, then you'll be set.
        https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2138425519502128
        Lol. good ole Harry. Will let the dude who set up all the props know about that....

There is an impromptu digeridoo session - I'm just waiting for someone to tell me I'm culturally unsensitive and racist what with all this BLM and political correctness atm....
        never mind the fact I researched beforehand and went out to search an Aboriginal heritage site, so I could record it on film for preservation purposes.

That said, there was lots of belly laughs, great company and awesome sights. How could one go wrong. Screw you covid

My Journeys

Comment

• 1533rl
          • Jun 2007
          • armadale wa

Sharkcavers shitty tag along tour

Hi Shane, Mt Jackson, yes we were up around there too and "snap" check this pic out - does it look familiar? One of these days we'll end up in the same place at the same time !!!

Cheers
          Peter
          Attached Files

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

Originally posted by 1533rl View Post
            Hi Shane, Mt Jackson, yes we were up around there too and "snap" check this pic out - does it look familiar? One of these days we'll end up in the same place at the same time !!!

Cheers
            Peter
            Sure does look slightly familiar. It's a big place, WA, but I'm sure I'll bump into you one of these days.

My Journeys

Comment

• Allan2
              • May 2013
              • Mid Nort Coast, NSW

Sharkcaver love your trips around and your pictures. If this is a shitty tag along can't wait to see a trip that isn't shitty.
              Regards Allan.
              2009 NT, 3.2 Auto, D/Lights & Light Bar, EGR mod, Sump and Inter Cooler Guards, Tow Bar, Bog Standard.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Originally posted by Allan2 View Post
                Sharkcaver love your trips around and your pictures. If this is a shitty tag along can't wait to see a trip that isn't shitty.
                Regards Allan.
                Thanks Allan. I hope tomorrow you can see how shitty it really was

trip advisor rating definitely 4.5, not the 1.2 they reckoned it was.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Here ya go. The inaugural shitty tagalong:

Part II will be a few weeks away as I am about to spend 8 days on another shitty tagalong

My Journeys

Comment

• 1533rl
                    • Jun 2007
                    • armadale wa

Sharkcaver's shitty tag along tours

Just watched Part II - great vid as usual , such a shame about the blatant self promo at the end !!!
                    Didn't see your name in the visitors book at Mt Jackson though !
                    What's the next one ? Shitty #2 😜😜🍻🍻🍻

Cheers
                    Peter

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

Originally posted by 1533rl View Post
                      Just watched Part II - great vid as usual , such a shame about the blatant self promo at the end !!!
                      Didn't see your name in the visitors book at Mt Jackson though !
                      What's the next one ? Shitty #2 ����������

Cheers
                      Peter
                      Lol, the next one was completed last week - 9 days away, a tour of the desert with a little surprise on the way home too. Correct, SSTT #2. Yet to look at putting it all together - my next time consuming project.

I was at Mt J in October (trimming the hedgerow), but I don't think I signed it. I have my name in there already a few times now, hence why I didn't take a lot of vid at the place during this vid.

Anyway the cat's out the bag, so here's the link:

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X