• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1533rl
    • Jun 2007
    • armadale wa

Skins for Oziexplorer Android and CE devices

At our 4WD Club (Mitsubishi 4WD Owners Club of WA) we have just completed an Oziexplorer Training course for members and as part of this the Training Team have updated an Oziexplorer Android skin that was previously composed for members to use. After surveying users within the club we have:[LIST][*]reduced page numbers to only 4[*]removed unused icons in the man menu and moved other icons from the map pic into the menu bar to declutter the map view[*]portrait and landscape skins contain the same info and commands[*]copied the odometer 3 onto each map page

We have trialed having the odometer on every page on previous club trips and found it to be very useful. As almost every member uses some form of in-car navigation device we have found it handy to use the gps odo readings to warn of road hazards such as washouts or wandering livestock, and it is very efficient to use at turns. Instead of having people stop to mark turns in long convoys, as happens in dusty conditions, the convoy leader announces an odo reading and continues on at good pace. Also assists in checking length on a convoy to better manage uhf communications. The odo 3 is reset each day, or as advised by a leader, on long trips so everyone starts at the zero reading at the same time ! Having it on each page means no-one has to actually change to the odo page to check or reset the reading.
    Just thought for those who use oziexplorer, and in convoy, it might be of some use.
    Also, no promises, but we have a guru working on exactly the same skin for Hema users which should allow us all to view the same info when travelling together. Will update on that when available.
    Pics show all Landscape pages, the Portrait page pics will be on next post along with the actual .pa1 files in zip folder.
    Cheers
    Peter
    Attached Files
  • 1533rl
    • Jun 2007
    • armadale wa

Pics of the portrait skin and zip folder with the .pa1 files

Cheers
    Peter
    Attached Files

Comment

• 1533rl
      • Jun 2007
      • armadale wa

Oops, zip folder was too large. Separate zip files now here
      Cheers
      Peter
      Attached Files

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

Looks interesting. I use Ozi and have done 5 instruction videos which we've posted on our 4WD club YouTube page. It's a great off road tool and I wouldn't go outback without it.

So if I install your skins, can it be taken back to the default set up if i wasn't keen on the new format ? (I guess maybe just a reinstall from scratch would do it)

I agree about the number of options being a bit more than we need and simplifying it could help a few people who struggle with setting it up etc. Our club is for retired folk so some don't really understand how to use it properly, which is why i did the videos.

The screen shots look good and I like the idea of the convoy procedure.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• 1533rl
          • Jun 2007
          • armadale wa

Hi Ian, yes, you can always go back to the original range of skins as included in the android download without reinstalling the actual app. The .pa1 files should just be copied/downloaded direct to the oziexplorer app folder on your tablet. There are about another 6 or 9 other. pa1 files already there.
          With ozi android running on the tablet go to the Main Menu > Operation > General > Load Page File Landscape (and then Portrait) and select the new files. Easy to spot with mitsi4wd2019G_Landscape and Portrait. If you wish to go back to the other page file sets (skins) at any time just do it again and select a different .pa1 file from the folder. Before you do the change perhaps confirm which of the standard .pa1 files you are already set for.
          I'm a "retired folk" too so no excuse for your people at all !!! Your vids are very good by the way, it is always great to see how others do stuff and the beauty of oziexplorer is that there is not a single "correct way" to do it and we can always learn from others.
          Cheers
          Peter

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

I installed those skins (don't use Portrait) and they look great. I love the odo read out, nice work.

I'd love to see one more screen option......Nearest Waypoint. It's the screen I use most of the time rather than waypoint navigation or routes which I haven't used.
            Last edited by Ian H; 27-06-19, 07:37 PM.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• 1533rl
              • Jun 2007
              • armadale wa

As mentioned in first post, we now have a page file set for a Hema device, and a doc covering the installation and use of the skin. Has been installed on a few devices already and no problems encountered. All put together by our Hema guru Mark.
              Word doc. with page views and details attached, but the actual page file (in zip form) is larger (217kb) than allowed on the forum (98kb) . The file is actually 421kb. Please pm with email if you would like a copy after you have checked out the pics in the word doc.
              Has some differences to the android skin we use but this now allows both Hema and Android users of Oziexplorer to have pretty much the same views inside their vehicles. Not only does this make training a lot easier but will make it easier for trip leaders, with whatever system they use, to communicate details with the rest of their convoy.
              As with the android skin, anyone have any improvements to pass on please chime in.

Cheers
              Peter
              Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X