Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Anyone else had issues locking/unlocking with the remote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aaron.miller
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2011
    • Epping, NSW

Anyone else had issues locking/unlocking with the remote?

I'm finding at random times that I can't lock or unlock the car. I haven't changed the battery on the key yet but sometimes it works from a good 20m away and other times no matter where I aim the key it wont work? It doesn't seem to matter whether its been used for a while or not (I would have thought if it was battery related not using it for 12 hrs would increase the chances it would work)

Any ideas?

Aaron
    2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.
  • BMN
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2010
    • Perth WA

Key been through the washing ? . I would just replace battery and check button contacts.
    2010 PB LS Auto, 7seat, silver with lots of pinstripes, Dual batts, Toyo AT2, ARB roof rack, Rear storage/fridge, Bilstien/Kings

Comment

• KevsChallenger
      • Sep 2017
      • Melbourne

We had this problem a few weeks after we got our PC brand new. Neither remote would lock or unlock at certain times.

Obviously been new we took it back and they looked/fixed it. Dont know what they did but its never done it in the 3 years since
      PC, 2"OME, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batts, TJM Bar, Ironman Winch, 265/75/16 General Grabber AT2's, ARB Fridge/Slide, Cargo Barrier, Provent Catch Can, Roof Rack, Lightbar, Inverter, UHF, Lock Up Mate, ScangaugeII, IDrive

Comment

• itsamitsi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2015
        • Hervey Bay Queensland

Where's the receiver mounted in these thing? I had issues with my Landcruiser when it was new. I found the receiver in the passenger area behind the glovebox, the antenna wire was tied up in the loom. Removed it from there and all was good for years until I sold it. I have noticed recently our Challenger is hit and miss with lock and unlock too. I will change the battery first even though it's only 3 year old. Usually they go alot longer than that.
        Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• craka
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2009
          • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
          Where's the receiver mounted in these thing? I had issues with my Landcruiser when it was new. I found the receiver in the passenger area behind the glovebox, the antenna wire was tied up in the loom. Removed it from there and all was good for years until I sold it. I have noticed recently our Challenger is hit and miss with lock and unlock too. I will change the battery first even though it's only 3 year old. Usually they go alot longer than that.
          Depends on size of battery in remote ie it's Ah rating. Different beast I know but I've changed the battery twice now within 6 years for ns pajero key Fob/remote.
          NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• bigdave
            • Apr 2010
            • Adelaide SA

Had to replace the battery in one of the keys last month. Vehicle 8 yrs old, no issues once battery replaced.
            Cheers,
            Bigdave

Parted ways with my 2010 PB Manual after 9 years of reliable motoring...
            Icom 440 Remote UHF, 130AH AGM in rear, Tekonsha Primus IQ Brake Controller, Bridgestone D697s, HR Towbar, Kings KCRS-23 springs / Pedders 5899. Single axle 18' Caravan with muddies & good clearance - ATM 2.5T/Ball weight 250kg

Comment

• johndavis125262
              • Apr 2013
              • brisbane

for the price of a battery i change mine every year regards john

Comment

• Lakey
                • Apr 2012
                • Brisbane

Ours have always been a bit random with working, often needing a few clicks before working. Cold weather also has meant using the manual lock a couple of times.
                Cheers
                Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

• aaron.miller
                  Valued Member
                  • Aug 2011
                  • Epping, NSW

I'm trying the wife's key for a bit,
                  Thanks for the feedback everyone

Aaron
                  2012 PB 30th Anniversary Challenger, Arb 2.5m awning, Maxtrax, ORS Platform and MSA dropdown slide, Boo's Bashplates, MSA seat organisers with trays, GME 3120s uhf, GME 4705 UHF, Lovells Springs, Arb Deluxe Bullbar, Mitsubishi tow bar, 265/65 17 D697's At's, triple ram mount with ipad and lots more to come.

Comment

• NQ Matt
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Townsville

Has there been a fix for this. My PB central locking has recently started playing up. only happened twice so far but unlock with button on key and it hasn't unlocked rear tailgate. so locked drivers door with key in door and unlocked and then it works again, has happened with both keys so not suspecting a key or battery issue.
                    2010 MY11 PB Challenger LS
                    Tint, Trailboss Tow bar, Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 AT tires, Nudge Bar , Kings 7" led lights, Pro Rack roof bars , Kings 2.5 x 2.5 awning

Comment

• craka
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2009
                      • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by NQ Matt View Post
                      Has there been a fix for this. My PB central locking has recently started playing up. only happened twice so far but unlock with button on key and it hasn't unlocked rear tailgate. so locked drivers door with key in door and unlocked and then it works again, has happened with both keys so not suspecting a key or battery issue.
                      To me that sounds like a difference problem to what this the opening post in this thread describes. So as you've discovered very much doubt that is battery related. As most door are unlocking except rear tailgate?

It has me suspecting that the actuator for locking and unlocking in the tailgate may have a problem.
                      NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• NQ Matt
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Townsville

so fay has only done it twice. Has worked perfect the last 2 weeks.
                        2010 MY11 PB Challenger LS
                        Tint, Trailboss Tow bar, Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 AT tires, Nudge Bar , Kings 7" led lights, Pro Rack roof bars , Kings 2.5 x 2.5 awning

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X