• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzeca
    • Jul 2013
    • perth

Dig Options Satnav

Looking at getting an aftermarket stereo and quite like the dig options satnav for the Pajero.

I know you can get a double din etc but I quite like the look of the fully integrated deck.

Anybody thats got or used one of these what are your thoughts ?

cheers
    rhys
    08 NS GLX
  • mickbro
    • Jul 2012
    • perth

Hi gzeca I fitted one of these units a few weeks ago, I've been very impressed with the all round quality of it,the sat nav works very well just sat the antenna on top of dash and always gets good signal
    Very straight forward installation took me about 3hrs to fit
    Mick

Comment

• wasarangie
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2010
      • Ocean Grove

I have a DigOptions unit in my Challenger, not the exact same unit as you have linked too, but very similar.

Installed it just over 3 years ago. I have not had any problems with the unit at all. As they are cheaper units the sound quality is not in the upper end of the scale but good enough for my needs. I use the reverse camera, GPS, Ipod connection a DVD for movies, USB connection for music and video. The steering wheel controls all work and are programmable to what you want them to do via the head unit.

The maps are current and I also run Ozi Explorer for offroad work. I think it really could use more memory or processing power as it can be slow to store trip logs etc Who knows the newer ones may be better than mine.

the entire unit was plug and play. No cutting of wires to fit. The GPS antenna is mounted inside the dash and works well even around tall buildings in the CBD, something my Navman unit would not do.

If you like symphony style sound, look at something else. But for a sound hack like me it is a good deal.

The Bluetooth for the phone works very well for hands free calls.
      SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• Boo Boo
        • Aug 2012
        • Kilsyth

I am also looking at the DIG options unit and there is another one from Brash Imports does anyone know what these units are like.
        2008 NS DID, Smart bar and warn winch, Boos Bash plates, ex nsw police car, Safair snorkel and 2 inch OME lift.

Comment

• mickbro
          • Jul 2012
          • perth

as far as I am aware brash imports and dig options are same company

Mick

Comment

• my.paj
            • Dec 2010
            • Tullamarine

This is another option http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=27328
            Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
            New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

• Brownie
              • Nov 2008
              • Brisbane

Looks like the Dig Options and the ExtNix units are the same (except you get a reversing camera with the ExtNix units). Price is quite different. Does anybody know if the SatNav units are in fact different?
              Sold Pajero NS R SWB 2008
              Replaced with a 2018 Mazda BT50

Comment

• EXTNIX
                • Oct 2011
                • Epping, Melbounre

Hi everyone,

I sell 2 different types of units

1) Long time tested and trialed Windows based unit.

2) Newly introduced Android based system.

The windows CE based system has been in market for long time now and had multiple UI upgrades.

I do believe that for dig-options was selling the same unit, not sure about now and can not comment.

Prices do wary depending on each company's purchase price, selling strategies, business model and customer service.

I am more than happy to answer any / all questions here.

thanks,

Asad.
                Attached Files
                Current Ride: Black 07 VR-X, V6 - 3.8L,

Mods:
                a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.
                b) EXTNIX - Headrest HD DVD players with Touch Screen.
                c) EXTNIX - HD 1080p Dash Cam with GPS Tracking

Commercial Website: www.extnix.com.au

Comment

• narrv
                  • Aug 2014
                  • Rockingham WA

hello
                  first post here,,,i too have just had the latest dig options platnium universal 2 din gps system fitted,and have found it too be freezing up ,going from mp3 music and video to radio to gps. seems its getting confused or the processor not keeping up with user,,,had to reset it a few times already ...just have to be patient and work a bit slower with it,,,,other wise it has all the bells and whistles at minimum price....also radio and music cuts out when putting in reverse which is a bit of a down ,,,and takes its time going back to music..i see the polaris unit is selling for 999 now maybe would have got this one for the extra 350 bucks ,,

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

Mine also is a bit finicky. Cant get the aerial to function as per oem. But of more concern is the fact it keeps loosing the SD card on start up and I have to reboot it one or more times for it to read again. Its a good quality card and I'm sure the issue is unit based.

Etnix, I looked at your site when I was researching, but you had no detail for the gen3, only the gen 4. So due to that, I didn't follow up with you
                    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• eman
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2009
                      • Cranebrook, NSW

I'm still running one of the first Windows CE versions from Digioptions. Haven't really had any issues in almost 4 years, have experienced rare hiccups but nothing a reset didn't fix. Matt was always quick to respond but not sure how things are now or how the newer models go...
                      2009 NT GLS DiD 5spd - ARB Deluxe bar, Tigerz11 12,000lbs Winch, Airtec Snorkel, ARB Front Locker, TJM Rear Locker, Hankook AT-M 265/70/17, Bilsteins, Lovells HD 50mm, Bushskinz Intercooler, Sump, Trans & Transfer Case Guards, Brown Davis long range tank, Pioneer Head Unit, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Redarc SBI12, GME TX3440, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Stebel alarm & car horns, Rhino Pioneer Platform rack, DIY (Rear Shelf, Sliders, Fridge Slide), Ultragauge, 3" Exhaust

Comment

• stevemc181
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2012
                        • Thornlie/Perth

I'd be interested in hearing of actual user experiences with the Android 4.2 systems on Extnix. Plenty of units around running Android 2.1 etc that seem to have pretty crappy reviews. Wondering if these are any better?

Are these units a straight swap out, plug and play for reverse camera steering wheel controls etc etc when replacing the MMCS Fosgate system?
                        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• chutsy33
                          • May 2008
                          • Far NW Qld

Hi, I've just installed the EXTNIX system in my VRX and is seems to be and excellent unit. Asad from EXTNIX was extremely helpful. I posted the link below when I did the install. Note the 2 years warranty offered and the discount for forum members. If the link doesn't work just go to page 2 in the Generation 4.1 and it is there.

2007 NS VRX 3.2 Manual, 265/70/17 , 3' Scott Rods Exhaust, SPVi EGR Module, TJM Snorkle. 2008 ML triton 3.2 manual.

Comment

• EXTNIX
                            • Oct 2011
                            • Epping, Melbounre

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                            I'd be interested in hearing of actual user experiences with the Android 4.2 systems on Extnix. Plenty of units around running Android 2.1 etc that seem to have pretty crappy reviews. Wondering if these are any better?

Are these units a straight swap out, plug and play for reverse camera steering wheel controls etc etc when replacing the MMCS Fosgate system?
                            Hi stevemc,

Android 4.2 units are very new and at best there can be issue before the systems actually get mature (just like Android phones).

Windows CE systems are very mature, reliable and stable too.

They are a straight swap for the base models. do have features like amp control but I am not sure if some one with Rockford system has actually installed them. Steering wheel works perfectly.
                            Thank you,

Asad.

Mods:
                            a) EXTNIX - 7" Touch Screen DVD / GPS / Bluetooth / iPhone Unit with color HD Reverse Cam.

Comment

• EXTNIX
                              • Oct 2011
                              • Epping, Melbounre

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                              Mine also is a bit finicky. Cant get the aerial to function as per oem. But of more concern is the fact it keeps loosing the SD card on start up and I have to reboot it one or more times for it to read again. Its a good quality card and I'm sure the issue is unit based.

Etnix, I looked at your site when I was researching, but you had no detail for the gen3, only the gen 4. So due to that, I didn't follow up with you
                              Hi sharkcaver,

I will suggest try a different SD card to be sure. ( sometimes certain SD cards do have compatibility issues).

Gen3 takes standard double din units so that's why had no specific section. but good idea i may actually put one of 2 units there.

Thanks,

Asad.

Mods:

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X