X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cannonsjs
    • Mar 2014
    • Melbourne

I got around to doing it today. Once the plastic cover is replaced it looks 100% factory.
    2016 NX Pajero GLX - Bushkinz Bash Plates, 50mm Ultimate Suspension Lift, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Kuhmo AT51
    2014 PC Challenger Base - Bushskinz & MM Bash Plates, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Falken Wildpeak AT02

Comment

• Tone13
      • May 2014
      • Victoria

Any instructions on doing this mod at the airbox rather than where Whitedg did his?

Thanks
      2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, OzTec Outback Shocks with Kings Springs (+50mm), Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.

Comment

• PC Challenger
        • May 2014
        • Earth

Has any one traced the cable into the cabin?
        Stock PC Challenger

Comment

• whitedg
          • Dec 2011
          • Rydalmere

Hey guys, a bit of an update. All going well, got an extra 50k's out of the tank around town and no error codes have been thrown.

Car seems to drive as per normal, and I have not seen the EGR value move from 0.00%.

When I was working out where to do mine, I tried to trace the wire to the ECU in the cabin, but couldn't find it in the jumble of wires. I was going to splice it in under the brake booster (trying to hide it from MMA) but it was too hard to get to without major surgery. The other obvious option would be at the MAF, but I wanted it to be a bit more hidden. A good option would be to make up a pass through connector at the MAF, one with the resistor soldered in. In the case of a service at MMA, or any problems, just remove the pass through (hence why I put in a pass through switch).

Next big trip towing the camper will be the October long weekend, so I'll be sure to post back once I get back from there (as well as any other updates along the way).

Cheers
          Whitedg
          MY12 PB LS Manual (Ironbark), HR towbar, Cooper AT3 Tyres, GME UHF, MM Alloy Nudgebar, Rhino-rack roof racks & basket, EGR resistor mod, DP-Chip, Diff Breathers.

Comment

• BMChallenger
            • Jun 2012
            • Sunshine Coast, QLD

If there's anyone in Sydney/blue mountains that might be keen on helping me out with this mod?

My record with sufficient wiring work is terrible to say the least... I'm getting better but I'm more mechanical than electrical.

I reckon this mod would make me a lot happier with the truck knowing it won't be clogging up with stuff all the time.

Cheers, Justin.
            2011 PB Challenger LS 5 seat charcoal grey - ARB bull bar, gme uhf, bushskinz underbody plates, ultimate HD 50mm lift, redarc tow pro, haymen reese tow bar, rhino rack platform, bridgestone d697 a/t tyres, custom built off-road tandem axle caravan!

Comment

• coughy
              Valued Member
              • May 2014
              • Redlands Brisbane QLD

stolen from newtrition forums but it is easy as to do and he has picys of it so i dont have to do it...
              thank you for the original poster for the easy detailed photos and tips...

but i used the RR0588 part number from jaycar which has a resitance of 4.7k not the 6.8k which this post show

this is it in the drawings

6K8 resistor sourced from Jaycar electronics. 45c for the whole pack

Locate and cut the Black/Blue wire

Bit of shrink wrap on the wire first.

Solder resister in place. Orientation doesn't matter.

Shrink the tube over with a lighter

Re wrap the cable with some black tape factory style.

Can't be seen.

See TPS number on scangauge. Reads now a constant 99 which means throttle butterfly wide open. Previously it would vary constantly anywhere between 20 and 99 as the EGR system was operating.
              Last edited by coughy; 07-07-14, 06:32 PM.
              My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
              New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• PC Challenger
                • May 2014
                • Earth

Im going to do it at the ecu loom.
                That diagram says its pin 70.
                Im going to put a tone tester on it to trace it to comfirm.
                As i also want a override switch for Mitz
                Stock PC Challenger

Comment

• 02-SR5
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Toowoomba

Please excuse my dumbness, does this eliminate the EGR?

Is this done instead of blanking plates to block the EGR?
                  MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• s1rx
                    • Jul 2014
                    • rockhampton

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post

Yeh mate thats right no need for a egr block off plate with this mod. Considering the nasty carbon build up long term from the egr system a must do imho!
                    Happiness by the kilowatt...

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post

Yes, by tricking the Engine ECU in thinking the air temperature in the airbox is always less than 10C as the EGR valve will not open in temperatures below 10C. The No 1 Air temp sensor which is a part of the MAF sensor is only used for EGR control.

cheers, old Jack.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Tone13
                        • May 2014
                        • Victoria

Originally posted by coughy View Post
                        stolen from newtrition forums but it is easy as to do and he has picys of it so i dont have to do it...
                        thank you for the original poster for the easy detailed photos and tips...

but i used the RR0588 part number from jaycar which has a resitance of 4.7k not the 6.8k which this post show

this is it in the drawings

See TPS number on scangauge. Reads now a constant 99 which means throttle butterfly wide open. Previously it would vary constantly anywhere between 20 and 99 as the EGR system was operating.
                        Thanks Coughy, this is why I love forums. Great mod!

Will do it once I buy a soldering iron....
                        2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, OzTec Outback Shocks with Kings Springs (+50mm), Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.

Comment

• BMChallenger
                          • Jun 2012
                          • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Ok i got my resistors today…

I'm going to wire it in at the maf and heat shrink etc

i think i want to get a scan gauge before i do it just to monitor things too.

Anyone know a good place to buy the scangauge II from?

ill post up my results.

Cheers, Justin
                          2011 PB Challenger LS 5 seat charcoal grey - ARB bull bar, gme uhf, bushskinz underbody plates, ultimate HD 50mm lift, redarc tow pro, haymen reese tow bar, rhino rack platform, bridgestone d697 a/t tyres, custom built off-road tandem axle caravan!

Comment

• coughy
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2014
                            • Redlands Brisbane QLD

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                            Online!

Shop suitable ScanGauge for your vehicle and know what's going on under the hood. Built-in & programmable digital gauges, trip computers, performance monitor and a diagnostic scan tool. ScanGauge 2, ScanGauge E, ScanGauge D, ScanGauge KR

cheers, old Jack.

from oj the guru
                            My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
                            New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• aus_andyk
                              • Nov 2013
                              • Melbourne

Word of caution

While I'm all for the sharing of mods, as I think it inspires the creative nature of this forum, has anyone touched on the ET Mod Installation thread on newtriton and the red warning that has been added by the moderators at the start of the thread?

As it is for members only, I am not sure if I am able to post a version here or not.

Main theme they are conveying, and Greig touched on it before, there has been quite a bit of research gone into what resistance needs to be applied to different vehicles. So you need to approach this with caution and be aware of the consequences.

I am not trying to stop anyone doing this mod, just of the need to have your eyes open.

Just my 2 cents...as you were
                              | PC Challenger Manual MY14 | Front eLocker | Dobinson MRR | 3.15 Gears | ARB Deluxe Bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Sliders & Guards | Kaymar Rear Bar | LRA Tank | Safari Snorkel | Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 | Rhino Pioneer Platform | Foxwing Awning | Drifta Drawers | Lightforce Venom | Stedi Lightbar | Viair 480C | ARB 47L Fridge | GME TX3500 | TraxRax |

Comment

• greig
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2010
                                • kanwal

I'm not sure where some people have got values for a resistor from, but in my case , I purchased one from a business that has done the testing on a CHALLENGER....

And the value of mine is no where near the values being discussed in previous posts..

As a side note, I have since sold the Challenger, and I have a resistor sitting in the garage if anyone's interested ?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X