X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turtlee
    • Apr 2013
    • Western Australia

So after I asked the questions I needed answers too ,and am happy with the outcome.
    I bit the bullet and ordered one. They're response time is really good was within 1-2hrs after I sent a message.
    Before I ordered I notice they had advertised "buy now and receive free 8gb SD card and removal tool" , I also offered them $420 and they accepted and used the 10% off eBay coupon . So when I was about to finalise payment I wrote in the "message to seller"
    Can you please include the free SD card and removal tool .

So here's the problem , after I paid they message me and ask if I want any extras , car details etc, I politely said no and just told them my car details and I asked them about the free SD wand removal tool .

They haven't replied to me since .. they just posted the item today as well , all I can do now is wait and hope they did include ..
    MY13 NW Pajero GLXR 3.2 Turbo Diesel
    Bushskinz Sump & Intercooler plates , MM Alloy Bullbar , Safari Snorkel , Turbo Timer , Factory Rear Diff Lock , GME TX 3220 , HD Front & SD Rear 2" Lovells Springs, Hercules Terra Trac AT LT275/70/17 , Roley's rear skid plate , TC + RDL Mod , EGR blank , SPV Mod.

Comment

• aussieintas
      Valued Member
      • Feb 2013
      • Sorell, Tasmania

Hope you get the freebies bud.

Small update on my system. Didn't get pics sorry as had limited time due to work and just wanted to get on with it. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Pulled put the rear interior panels, seats etc to install new rear speakers and the reverse camera wiring front to back. Took my time pulling all the panels off so I didn't break anything, which I didn't luckily. Placed a bit of sound deadener stick on stuff on some of the larger panels in the rear and over the wheel arches. Has made a bit of a difference.

The new speakers (Pioneer TS-A6966S) went in great and the sound is amazing compared to the stock 15w factory ones. For those with a SWB the mounting depth is quite good and I reckon anything upto around 90mm mounting depth will fit easily. The factory ones are the 6.5" on a 6x9 adaptor plate, so you just remove the whole adaptor plate and the new 6x9 slide straight in.

The reverse camera fitted pretty easily too and ran the wiring through to the front.....made at lot easier cuz I had the rear interior panels off for the speaker install. Now when I select reverse the camera comes on within 1 to 2 seconds even with the system turned off which is cool. Clear picture day or night as the camera has infra-red.

I used the links below to assist along with the on line service manual showing trim removal.

The links are based around the SWB not the LWB as the panel removal etc is a bit different.

Still need time to set the new headunit up properly, Torque Pro etc etc but very happy so far. Any questions dont hesitate.
      2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
      88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
      92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
      92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
      99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
      95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
      08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Jimboy
        • May 2015
        • Mornington Peninsula, Vic.

Thinking of putting in an Android unit too. As I have the steering wheel controls and want a large screen, the type Turtlee and Starjunk have will suit me.

Found this one which may have slightly better CPU?

Does the large screen type come with the menu touch buttons on the right side for Australian buyers?

Need to upgrade my speakers too and those Pioneer ones look pretty good for the rears.

Cheers,
        Jim.
        4WD Neophyte In a 2013 Pajero NW GLX; taking me places to appreciate the nature of Oz- https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimonearth/

Comment

• aussieintas
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2013
          • Sorell, Tasmania

Couple of pics of the reverse camera and the screen on the head unit.
          Attached Files

Previously
          88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
          92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
          92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
          95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
          08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2013
            • Sorell, Tasmania

Hey Jimboy that looks like a good unit. Can't comment getting one with the buttons be on the other side.

The new speakers are brilliant, im no expert and didnt want a full doof doof sound system, just an upgrade from factory speakers. It's a nice crisp sound from them with no distortion when I crank it up.

Previously
            88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
            92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
            92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
            95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
            08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• starjunk
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2011
              • Sydney

Yep, same. The factory speakers are pretty ordinary. Upgraded to JBL splits in the front and coax in the rear, but found that due to the replacements not being the paper come type, you do lose some bass response, so an underseat sub got that sorted
              Very happy with the sound now.
              '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
              '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
              '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
              '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• rodsfromday
                • Jul 2017
                • Kingaroy

Great install!! Wish i could say the same for mine. Sorry to hijack your thread but i am stuck. Got everything wired in but cant see anything. Not sure if camera is coming on. Got it hooked up to get power from reverse lights. Headunit goes softer and screen blanks out. Must the tiny camera lights come on when working? Thanx

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

• aussieintas
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2013
                  • Sorell, Tasmania

No camera lights are infra red so dont illuminate.

Did you connect wire from camera to the reverse wire on head unit? Wiring should be as pic below.

Previously
                  88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                  92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                  92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                  95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                  08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

Sorry heres the pic
                    Attached Files

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Kingaroy

Ok that explains no lights on camera. I have one that has the small 4 pin connector. A positive and negative and video out plug goes out. Neg to ground. Positive on reverse light. At the headunit the other end of the video out cable has a red pigtail whoch i connect to the blue 'back' wire. The only other possibility is that the video part is damaged. Also my sonar sensors are just beeping now all the time with no obstruction.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Comment

• aussieintas
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2013
                        • Sorell, Tasmania

Not sure which one you got so hard to comment. Sorry if it comes across as a stupid question but are you sure the blue wire is the correct one. On my headunit the blue wire is for electric aerial, the one for reverse camera was orange......not saying its the same for yours though.

Not sure where you connected your neg......I connected mine to neg wire to reverse lights.

Strange your sonar sensors are activating......im thinking the wiring is wrong causing them to earth out somehow.

Have you got a link to headunit and the reverse camera you have.....might help me help you.

Previously
                        88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                        92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                        92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                        95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                        08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Kingaroy

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                          Not sure which one you got so hard to comment. Sorry if it comes across as a stupid question but are you sure the blue wire is the correct one. On my headunit the blue wire is for electric aerial, the one for reverse camera was orange......not saying its the same for yours though.

Not sure where you connected your neg......I connected mine to neg wire to reverse lights.

Strange your sonar sensors are activating......im thinking the wiring is wrong causing them to earth out somehow.

Have you got a link to headunit and the reverse camera you have.....might help me help you.
                          Here is what i bought http://www.digoptions.com.au/for-mit...-06-15-gps-nav
                          I have a seperate plug behind the HU with camera in, back-Blue, Red +12V and negative.
                          Now that you mention it I might look at the negative as I have it lugged to the bolt that attaches the rear fender behind the light assembly.
                          But in saying so, I am also busy with an Electric Brake Controller install at the same time.I am using the same light assembly as i have attached the wire straight to the brake light instead of behind the pedal.
                          Might just try and retrace my steps and undo where i can.
                          And i am doing a UHF and Light bar install same time as well!!
                          Thanx

Comment

• aussieintas
                            Valued Member
                            • Feb 2013
                            • Sorell, Tasmania

Yeah I reckon its something real simple in the wiring either the earth or perhaps something to do with the EBC.

Most of my cock ups over the years have been the simplest of fixes with something i messed up. And spent far too long without checking the bloody obvious first.

Good luck mate.

Previously
                            88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                            92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                            92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                            95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                            08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• aussieintas
                              Valued Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • Sorell, Tasmania

Just a final thought having looked at the digoptions link. In that link it has the Install guide in the Compatible Models section. Had a look at that and it says to connect the video cable (yellow plug) into CCD-IN socket on rear of HU. In you previous post you say you connected it to a seperate plug at rear to camera in.

Not sure if this is the problem but..............with you saying the HU screen goes off when selecting reverse indicates to me it is getting a signal through the positive wire activated from the reverse light wire but then isn't producing a picture, which leans me towards the video cable isn't in the correct plug at rear of HU.

Just a thoought mate

Previously
                              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• rodsfromday
                                • Jul 2017
                                • Kingaroy

Yeah thanx. Its been a rather frustrating past 2 days!!! I have just about tried everything. I am also very meticulous as i solder all my joints and heatshrink them.
                                Hopefully i can tackle it at a different angle tomorrow.
                                Thanx again.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X