• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iamsam
    • Aug 2016
    • Nsw

suspension

Hi i was wondering on the nf pajero it looks as if it has a torsion bar set up, now I'm not sure on this system and the vehicle seems to have a great deal of roll in corners in the front, any suggestions to fix this or possibly sway bar bush as im not to sure
    It would be greatly appreciated
  • wazza87
    • Apr 2015
    • Gold Coast

sway

are the front shocks/struts in good shape? torsion bars dont usually go bad but could be past their prime. other than that you could be up for some sway bar bushings. the main bushings are underneath the radiator basically if there is a gap between the bar and the bush at all, then they should be replaced. grab the sway bar and try wiggle it. check the shocks by trying to bounce the front end, it should snap back to level and not bounce around too much. not sure how to check the torsion bars however.

Waz
    -jero- 1990 SWB NG TDi import, 33'' BFG KM2 muddies on 15x8 'sunnies', steel winch bar, custom rock sliders, Steel roof rack, Domin8r 12,000lb winch, 2.5" straight through exhaust, Allisport TM intercooler, Boost Tee, EGR delete, 22' LED bar, GME UHF + GME antenna, high gain fm/am antenna, duel batteries, 2in lift - Lovells springs and Gabriel shocks/struts + tough dog torsion bars, snorkel, catch can, diff breathers, VDO boost, oil pressure & EGT gauges, fusion speakers, more to come...

Comment

• Iamsam
      • Aug 2016
      • Nsw

Thanks Waz
      Haven't had chance to go over it completely picked it last Saturday night and out sunday and straight to work monday so hopefully go over the old bus this weekend
      Sam

Comment

• Tuba
        • Feb 2015
        • Qld

Theres a couple of threads on torsion bar tweaks here. Reindexing etc. Can get some lift adjusting the bars too.

Have a squiz through some of these google results. Gen 1 and 2 are essentially, if not exactly, the same. I have read the bars themselves come in two lengths though so keep that in mind if you look for new ones.

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Youll have leaf rear so the Patrol rear springs and Hilux shocks cheat for rear lift wont suit but the rest should be handy.

Comment

• Iamsam
          • Aug 2016
          • Nsw

Suspension

Thank you tuba
          Went through a few threads interesting as my vehicle has 330600k so the torsion bars may need replacing as well I will start with sway bar bushes and keep on going from there👍

Originally posted by Tuba View Post
          Theres a couple of threads on torsion bar tweaks here. Reindexing etc. Can get some lift adjusting the bars too.

Have a squiz through some of these google results. Gen 1 and 2 are essentially, if not exactly, the same. I have read the bars themselves come in two lengths though so keep that in mind if you look for new ones.

Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Youll have leaf rear so the Patrol rear springs and Hilux shocks cheat for rear lift wont suit but the rest should be handy.

Comment

• awbeattie381
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2011
            • Inner West, Sydney

My first thought would be shocks. They are only short ones so dont last that long. Get some good aftermarket ones. I have been using OME since 2002 and only just changed to my second set (after 100k of mostly off road driving).

I have 275k on my paj and the torsion bars are still quite stiff. Unless you are going to be running a steel bullbar and heavy winch, if you did have to replace the torsion bars just go factory spec.
            Andrew
            1989 NG Superwagon V6
            2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
            1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• Iamsam
              • Aug 2016
              • Nsw

Thank you all
              I had a look on Sunday at the sway bar bushes omg they definitely need changing I will take some photos before removal you will laugh ya heads off
              More day light than on a cloudy day lol

Comment

• Iamsam
                • Aug 2016
                • Nsw

Photos of sway bar

Originally posted by iamsam View Post
                thank you tuba
                went through a few threads interesting as my vehicle has 330600k so the torsion bars may need replacing as well i will start with sway bar bushes and keep on going from there��
                [ATTACH]33591[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Iamsam
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Nsw

Sway bar photo

[ATTACH]33593[/ATTACH]

Comment

• Iamsam
                    • Aug 2016
                    • Nsw

Sway bar photos

[ATTACH]33595[/ATTACH]

Comment

• wazza87
                      • Apr 2015
                      • Gold Coast

Woah. Talk about shot bushings! Does it handle better now?
                      -jero- 1990 SWB NG TDi import, 33'' BFG KM2 muddies on 15x8 'sunnies', steel winch bar, custom rock sliders, Steel roof rack, Domin8r 12,000lb winch, 2.5" straight through exhaust, Allisport TM intercooler, Boost Tee, EGR delete, 22' LED bar, GME UHF + GME antenna, high gain fm/am antenna, duel batteries, 2in lift - Lovells springs and Gabriel shocks/struts + tough dog torsion bars, snorkel, catch can, diff breathers, VDO boost, oil pressure & EGT gauges, fusion speakers, more to come...

Comment

• Iamsam
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Nsw

Originally posted by wazza87 View Post
                        Woah. Talk about shot bushings! Does it handle better now?
                        Replaced sway bar ends so far still waiting on centre sway bar bushes with link bushes also changing Rear as well will keep you posted

Comment

• Ryan175
                          • Mar 2019
                          • BRIGHTON EAST

sorry to dig up an old thread, just curious which bushes you went with? Mine look very similar to yours so definitely need replacing. I've heard I should stay with rubber bushes to keep the ride a bit softer but not really sure where to go from there.
                          Thanks
                          1986 LWB 2.6, 31" AT BFGs, winch, UHF, 52" light bar and spotties, rear light bar, roof rack, awning, 2 jerry cans just to get anywhere

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X