• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoic
    • Oct 2019
    • Narrandera

NP rear door not opening.

I had this problem where the door was half latched and the handle wouldn't engage, two hands on the door and a firm shove and its all better now, hope this helps.
  • Terryo
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

While you can still get the door open, you should take the inside panel off and clean all the dust and muck out of the latching mechanism and re lube it,
    2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
    NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
    NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• chippy4x4
      • Apr 2009
      • adelaide

Originally posted by Terryo View Post
      While you can still get the door open, you should take the inside panel off and clean all the dust and muck out of the latching mechanism and re lube it,
      DITTO. It is amazing how much crap gets in there and siezes the mechanism up. I have pressure cleaned mine and then liberal amouts of wd and lubricant, as the wd will dry out

Comment

• GHendo
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2012
        • Northern NSW

You may also find the hinges are worn and could need replacing or adjusting. I had to have mine replaced a little while ago and it made all the difference.

Cheers

Geoff
        03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Pagie
          • Nov 2011
          • Dandenongs

I had my door lock up a few times. When I got it open I cleaned it as much as I could. Eventually it could not be opened at all. I had to cut it open, a very big job, and replaced the door with one I got from a wrecker. With angel grinders, pneumatic chisels, big hammers it took me about 5 hours to get it open. Easier to get into a safe. keep it clean if you can.

Comment

• chippy4x4
            • Apr 2009
            • adelaide

Originally posted by Pagie View Post
            I had my door lock up a few times. When I got it open I cleaned it as much as I could. Eventually it could not be opened at all. I had to cut it open, a very big job, and replaced the door with one I got from a wrecker. With angel grinders, pneumatic chisels, big hammers it took me about 5 hours to get it open. Easier to get into a safe. keep it clean if you can.
            OUCH.......!!!!!!!! (So your saying a bank is next???) LOL

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X